A fine howdy doody!

Posted by: Diki

A fine howdy doody! - 08/22/20 06:37 PM

Just a quick post to let you all know I’m going to help Nigel out on the Roland forum here as moderator. Feel free to ask me anything about Roland arrangers, I’ll do my best to help.

Some of you may know me from the Roland-arranger.com website, some might remember me from here back in the day. It’s been a while... 🎹
Posted by: Nigel

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/22/20 06:55 PM

So good to have you back. While Roland aren't doing anything new with arrangers I am sure there are number of people who are still using them and will appreciate your expertise. And even if you don't use a Roland Arranger Diki has a solid grasp on technology from all brands and can help you out.

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/22/20 07:05 PM

For how I use them, I’m still not tempted by anything else yet. My BK-9 is a miracle of sound, capability and low weight, something I am becoming more appreciative of, these days!

I still have one of my 45lbs G70‘s, but as I primarily solo nowadays, a 21lbs BK-9 is a darn sight easier to schlep around! We live in amazing times..!
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/22/20 11:42 PM

Nice to see you here again. Welcome back Diki. 👍

Congratulations and good luck as moderator! 💐
Posted by: abacus

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/23/20 12:53 AM

Eh up Diki welcome back to- the big boys, good to see you I’m sure there will be plenty of fun here.

Bill
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/23/20 01:49 AM

Great news, I've missed your pearls of wisdom for a very long time.

Bernie
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/23/20 11:33 AM

Good to see you back!

R.
Posted by: lahawk

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/23/20 01:08 PM

Awesome, nice to have Diki back. He looks good in green smile
Posted by: bruno123

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/23/20 01:46 PM

A name forms the past, glad to see you back. (Many memories)
John C.

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/23/20 03:39 PM

Thanks all...

I’ve lurked for a long time, all I can say is it’s a good job I wasn’t here for the recent shenanigans! You probably remember how hard a time I have with tomfoolery... 😂
Posted by: Magali

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/24/20 02:25 AM

Jump Diki

like others, i look forward to your return here. I hardly ever intervene because of my bad English.
I am a daily member of this forum and others since it exists. The American divide, it also exists in France.
A little less polarized can be seen.I hope that all people can regain some serenity in the future but it still fears not bad
I've always considered Diki an exceptional scholar about what we're dealing with. Even consider me rather qualified on these subjects (nearly 40 years of experience)
I worked like a fool to build alternative sound banks for Dan's vArranger software for example.
There are still very competent personalities here and above all with a clear sense of restraint in dialog, so I wish a return to good form in the forum.
Posted by: Nick G

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/24/20 07:02 PM

That is great to hear - welcome back Diki. cheers!
Posted by: Nigel

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/25/20 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By Magali
I hardly ever intervene because of my bad English.

Don't ever worry about your English. We understand you just fine. Much better than many native English speakers. I only wish I could communicate in other languages myself as well as you do.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/25/20 05:29 AM

Hi Magali

Yes,please join in. As a long time sound engineer,you can bring much knowledge to this forum. I find it interesting that you were a major contributor to vArranger,which I have. I have been looking for a sound engine to replace my SD2,but haven't the knowledge to work with VST's. Can you recommend an internal engine?
Bernie
Posted by: montunoman

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/26/20 12:55 PM

I hope Diki and all our other members on the Gulf Coast are doing OK with Hurricane Laura!
Posted by: Magali

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/28/20 02:38 AM

Hi Bernie9

I know that you are intervening on the English forum of vArranger.

The difficulty with the sound engines is that none can respond to the programs change in General Midi 2 , according to the number map of each manufacturer.

That's why Dan developed a home system that recognizes the origin of styles by brand.

I built a bank for Ketron styles but qualitatively it's a little less than SD2. You cannot emulate organ flutes with sound font for example.

Apart from this restriction and certain restrictions in the effects , this bank can replace an SD2 even under so-called professional working conditions.

Of course, those who use VSTs and VSTi can significantly improve the sound result but at the cost of a job that requires a minimum of know-how.

If you have questions sometimes never hesitate to ask whether it is here or on the forum of vA. I am always listening.

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/28/20 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By montunoman
I hope Diki and all our other members on the Gulf Coast are doing OK with Hurricane Laura!

This one far away. But thanks for asking...
Posted by: Bachus

Re: A fine howdy doody! - 08/29/20 04:36 AM

Good to see you again on this forum, i guess thats what the forum needs.