SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#500359 - 08/22/20 06:54 PM Welcome!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I’m going to start helping Nigel out here as moderator, as well as continuing at Roland-arranger.com for a while. Unfortunately, with no new product, forum traffic has dropped off to the point that R-A may close after this year, so it’s nice to have somewhere I can still hang and shoot the breeze with Roland users, and perhaps help out.

If there are any files, manuals etc. that you know are up at Roland-arranger.com and you haven’t d/l’d them yet, don’t leave it too long..!

#500362 - 08/22/20 07:09 PM Re: Welcome! [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Fantastic to have you back. And you can provide me with any support files you think I should have available here on Synth Zone and I will upload them to my file archive. Of course you can always use the forum file manager to add files to your posts. Any you do add like that I will download and also add them to my archive and make the link a sticky link to the archive at the top of this forum.

#500368 - 08/22/20 11:39 PM Re: Welcome! [Re: Diki]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Welcome back Diki. 👍
Missed you here at SZ. I've been visiting Roland forum during the time, but not much active posting.

Cogratulations and best luck as moderator! 💐

Edited by Gunnar Jonny (08/22/20 11:50 PM)
Edit Reason: Added congrats.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#500370 - 08/23/20 12:36 AM Re: Welcome! [Re: Diki]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Glad you're back Diki! Look forward to reading some of your wisdom at the 'Zone!

#500390 - 08/23/20 04:46 PM Re: Welcome! [Re: Nigel]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By Nigel
Fantastic to have you back. And you can provide me with any support files you think I should have available here on Synth Zone and I will upload them to my file archive. Of course you can always use the forum file manager to add files to your posts. Any you do add like that I will download and also add them to my archive and make the link a sticky link to the archive at the top of this forum.

It’s quite a bit of data, and kind of shotgunned around a bit. I’ll have a word with Soren and see if there’s a forum archive with all the uploads in one place, but we use a very different forum software, so we may need to put our heads together about how to present it all in a useful way. It’s also separate from the old G70 Users Forum database, that was on a different framework as well. I don’t think the uploads to that can be accessed at all.

We tried to migrate as much as we could when we made the move, but again it was a daunting task. To be honest, my utter unfamiliarity with any kind of forum and website maintenance is part of the reason I’m OK with letting R-A .com go gently into that dark night! I have every respect for those that know about this stuff!

If Soren is up for it, I might get the two of you together if migrating the entire forum’s data is OK with him. It’s all a bit past me!

#500391 - 08/23/20 05:11 PM Re: Welcome! [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By Diki
If Soren is up for it, I might get the two of you together if migrating the entire forum’s data is OK with him.

I am up for it just so resources don't get lost for people that need them. Anything you have on your PC you can add to the forum file manager in your postings.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online