SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#500350 - 08/22/20 08:12 AM Korg Pa1000/ PA4X being replaced soon?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi

Has anyone heard any rumours of replacement models for pa1000 or pa4x for september 2020? JEREMY SEE seems to be giving a hint on youtube

#500356 - 08/22/20 05:03 PM Re: Korg Pa1000/ PA4X being replaced soon? [Re: rolandfan]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Earlier this year I read on this Forum that Korg had been working on the Pa5X and it probably would have been released this year if there was a NAMM, no pandemic, etc.

Assuming the pandemic is better-controlled by early 2021, that's when I would expect the next wave of new releases from all the manufacturers. Just speculation-- I'm not an insider, dealer, or distributor.

#500365 - 08/22/20 07:38 PM Re: Korg Pa1000/ PA4X being replaced soon? [Re: rolandfan]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think the longer Korg take the better...

With Yamaha having streaked ahead in certain regards, Korg’s hardware is looking very long in the tooth these days. The Genos stepped up to the plate with 256 note polyphony, 28 insert effects (yikes!) and an 8 part Chord Sequencer, heck, even a low-mid price SX700 blows Korg’s effects architecture away.

Not to mention how convoluted Korg’s OS has got, struggling to deal with instant access to styles and setups on removable mediums and its glacial sample load times.

I think perhaps it is time to ditch the decades old Triton architecture and base the Korg arranger line on something a bit more 21st century... like the Kronos. That would give the arranger access to a far more modern effects architecture, sample loading architecture and support system, and access to modeling synthesis for better Hammond simulation, etc..

Korg have milked the Triton for long enough. Let’s hope they don’t rush out another more of the same model soon, take their time and finally bring out something truly new. That’s a big gauntlet Yamaha threw down, and the old architecture just isn’t capable of answering, IMHO...

#500367 - 08/22/20 10:48 PM Re: Korg Pa1000/ PA4X being replaced soon? [Re: rolandfan]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Although the GENOS might be better in some aspects nothing is better then a KORG PA4X for what you pay at this particular time, the PA4X is so programmable that to learn all this that it has fully, would take you many decades for most keyboard players, I had the KRONOS 1st Edition and sold it, sounded too digital to me and just because a new keyboard comes out that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be better, if I can do my job now, I still have a TRITON Extreme and of my favorites the M3 and a whole gob of Triton racks they are classics to hold onto for my taste. smile

#500373 - 08/23/20 03:16 AM Re: Korg Pa1000/ PA4X being replaced soon? [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By Diki

Korg have milked the Triton for long enough.

I totally agree. Something based on the Kronos would be a much more competitive product.

#500375 - 08/23/20 07:58 AM Re: Korg Pa1000/ PA4X being replaced soon? [Re: rolandfan]
dud Offline

Loc: israel
sound per sound to my taste GENOS blows away PAX4

#500377 - 08/23/20 11:00 AM Re: Korg Pa1000/ PA4X being replaced soon? [Re: rolandfan]
rb293 Offline

Loc: Binghamton, NY USA
I traded my t4 for a Genos and thought it sounded very thin...I took it back and purchased a korg pa4x... I think the Pa4x has a fuller sound...

#500378 - 08/23/20 11:27 AM Re: Korg Pa1000/ PA4X being replaced soon? [Re: rolandfan]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
I totally believe that "Korg" will supply us with some "unthinkable and unsuspecting surprises" ahead. Exciting times ahaead......

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#500382 - 08/23/20 03:35 PM Re: Korg Pa1000/ PA4X being replaced soon? [Re: rolandfan]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I simply meant that Korg should use the underlying CPU and effects and data architecture of the Kronos. The samples and the underlying voice architecture could still be ported over, there might not be any radical sonic difference, but it’s obvious that, if Korg COULD squeeze more insert effects out of the existing hardware, they would have long ago. They trail even a lowly BK-9 for insert effects capability...

Bottom line, for all its issues, the Kronos IS the top engine that Korg currently have. Just like the Triton powered their top WS’s and got leveraged to power their arrangers, it’s time for Korg to move on to their current WS engine for the power to run a better arranger.

I know it sounds like maybe a small issue, but insert effects make a HUGE difference to ease of use, especially when you don’t have enough of them to let you use the FULL programmed sound for not only all your keyboard parts, but the style ones too. Trying to work out which ones you can do without, which ones you got to have when other arrangers allow you to use at least one on every part playing or stack them has got to be frustrating as hell!

#500394 - 08/23/20 09:49 PM Re: Korg Pa1000/ PA4X being replaced soon? [Re: rolandfan]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
The GENOS is WAAAAAYYYYY overpriced compared to the PA4X....That's a $1500 guitar you can buy...They did the same damn thing with their TYROS Series, delivered it at too high a pricepoint...

Besides, the PA4X will do anything you need in studio or onstage. If you can't make good music on a PA4X, sell the board & take up yoga

Yamaha can kick rocks on their TOTL

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online