SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#500019 - 07/24/20 11:43 AM The Bar STILL a VALUABLE PLACE TO EXPRESS BELIEFS
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
We lost some members. That's a shame. The concept of freedom of expression is STILL an important part of being human.

Differences of opinion, when shared make the resulting compromises BETTER than the individual beliefs.

Dialogue shows concern and commitment to the greater good.

It is my GREAT privilege to continue to participate.

Be well, all.
(I'm trying)

R.

#500021 - 07/24/20 01:00 PM Re: The Bar STILL a VALUABLE PLACE TO EXPRESS BELIEFS [Re: captain Russ]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
👍
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#500023 - 07/24/20 10:24 PM Re: The Bar STILL a VALUABLE PLACE TO EXPRESS BELIEFS [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Well said Russ. If people can't handle that not everyone shares their own opinions they should simply stay away. I am good with them staying away.

#500041 - 07/27/20 11:45 AM Re: The Bar STILL a VALUABLE PLACE TO EXPRESS BELIEFS [Re: Nigel]

Funny thing to me is, the freedom, and opportunity to express one's self is a treasured thing all around the world.

Reasoned dialogue is the mechanism of a working democracy. Understanding another opinion and factoring that into what you already think is the mechanism for mental growth.

I value the interaction from some who have left. I welcome further contact.

Russ

#500063 - 07/30/20 02:03 AM Re: The Bar STILL a VALUABLE PLACE TO EXPRESS BELIEFS [Re: captain Russ]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and as long as they own it and express it with respect to others ( or in a respectful way) that should be fine. Other people have a right to theirs and the same rights and privileges goes with that,I believe. Both listening to others as well, is what I mean too.

Unfortunately, the situation in the world today, with where people are at, being restricted, where they have never been before, or lost their jobs, family and the ongoing doubt of who is actually running the country ( whatever country you are in). People have developed thin skins and short fuses, plus they are stressed and showing symptoms of anxiety.

Plus the speed at which the vaccine is being developed to combat this wretched virus, is again putting doubt into the average Joe Blow, as to the safety of and long term effects/ side effects.

I just hope that the general sense of good humour that has been enjoyed on this forum and the friendships across the Net will remain,, and not suffer this hopefully brief year.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and not letting the negatives get in to your brain.

Allan

#500073 - 07/30/20 10:45 AM Re: The Bar STILL a VALUABLE PLACE TO EXPRESS BELIEFS [Re: tassiespirit]

Good attitude, Allen.

R.

#500078 - 07/31/20 07:31 AM Re: The Bar STILL a VALUABLE PLACE TO EXPRESS BELIEFS [Re: captain Russ]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I remember when and why "The Bar" was created. It was designed to separate personal opinions and beliefs about politics, religion, sports, any current event, or just about anything unrelated to "Keyboard" Forum discussions.

The Bar was, and still is, a great idea. And yes, I agree, the pandemic has many on edge, and it may be a factor in how people relate. It's possible, Covid 19 brought out true feelings in some people, and others were offended by those feelings.

We can only hope that a vaccine for the virus will be discovered soon, to help heal, and if not too late, get back to "normal".

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#500095 - 08/04/20 01:31 AM Re: The Bar STILL a VALUABLE PLACE TO EXPRESS BELIEFS [Re: lahawk]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
The good thing about being a one man band ( keyboard player) you don't have to social distance yourself from the rest of the band! They are already in quarantine in the keyboard ( I have little a bunch of little guys in there playing for me) and playing better than me too lol.

Allan taz

#500096 - 08/04/20 01:44 AM Re: The Bar STILL a VALUABLE PLACE TO EXPRESS BELIEFS [Re: tassiespirit]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Funny stuff Allan

#500442 - 08/28/20 11:05 AM Re: The Bar STILL a VALUABLE PLACE TO EXPRESS BELIEFS [Re: captain Russ]
124 Offline

+10 to all of the above.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online