SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#500056 - 07/29/20 06:01 AM Re: OOT: Meds ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
As with all national fiscal policies, some will be affected more than other. For example, it is well none that cpountries with nationally sponsored healthcare have a higher tax rate to cover the costs. Luckily for us "pensioners" the tax bite is usually less. I have family in Canada eg,and the tax rate is high,and sometimes there is a wait for services.

Again,who knows? Some fare better than others.

#500058 - 07/29/20 10:16 AM Re: OOT: Meds ... [Re: tony mads usa]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Thing is all these countries residents are happy to pay extra to get a good health service that is available for everybody no matter what their circumstances. (Yes there are waiting times for general treatments but is always available in a n emergency as need is prioritised over cost)

Below are 4 videos for UK, Germany, Australia & Canada health systems which are worth a look.

Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45PfRLntfBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d3QLPdHysc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9XZcgFZdi0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heK471H-s1s

#500060 - 07/29/20 07:55 PM Re: OOT: Meds ... [Re: Bernie9]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By Bernie9
As with all national fiscal policies, some will be affected more than other. For example, it is well none that cpountries with nationally sponsored healthcare have a higher tax rate to cover the costs. Luckily for us "pensioners" the tax bite is usually less. I have family in Canada eg,and the tax rate is high,and sometimes there is a wait for services.

Again,who knows? Some fare better than others.

I have lived in Australia with national health and it worked out fine. Any extra tax came NO-WHERE close to the cost of health insurance in the US. The problem in the US is that health insurance is privatized and much money in healthcare is creamed off for private profit. A total scam that isn't needed. And I know how much that costs. When I was laid off some years ago in California I was having to pay $1,500 a month health insurance for my wife and myself. Crazy ...

#500075 - 07/30/20 01:15 PM Re: OOT: Meds ... [Re: tony mads usa]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Took some time but this finally ended in the Bar where it belonged all along.

#500077 - 07/31/20 01:10 AM Re: OOT: Meds ... [Re: ekurburski]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By ekurburski
Took some time but this finally ended in the Bar where it belonged all along.

As it seems like you have been following this thread, now it is in The Bar what is your opinion?

#500079 - 07/31/20 08:17 AM Re: OOT: Meds ... [Re: rikkisbears]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Sounds like we don’t know how lucky we are over here with our medical needs.

Not every single pill is on the subsidised list, but most seem to be. As pensioners we pay $6 per script , whether the pack is worth $10 or $1000 as long as it’s on that list.

Rikki, you must remember, the USA is the only civilized country in the world that does not have some form of Universal Health Care. Here, private health care providers and pharmaceuticals are in charge of setting prices.

It's been proven that the overall cost of healthcare would be lower with Universal Healthcare vs. a private policy, and the majority of Americans want Universal Health Care, but Insurance lobbyist are powerful, and have Politicians under control, who in return, have convinced many Americans that Government run programs are bad. Yes taxes would be higher, but that would mean no high private insurance company fees, hospital costs, and drug prices would be zero or near zero. Employers would not have the burden of paying Health Care for employees, and therefore, just maybe would pass on the savings as salary increase.

We do have a watered down "Cares" act (otherwise know as ObamaCare) that does offer some protection for anyone with a "pre-existing" conditions (yes, private health insurance companies can, and do, turn down those with a "pre existing" health condition) and offers a somewhat better lower cost option for purchasing private health care insurance. But beleive it or not, we have Politicians here, including the President who have been trying for years to take even that away. And we do have Medicare for Seniors, that works fairly well, Pays 80% of healthcare costs, after that you're on your own. And if you served in the military we do have the Veterans Administration that offers free or low cost health coverage, and speaking from experience, this government run program, similar to other socially run programs, does a great job.

We can only imagine what it's like to live in a country where healthcare is a right, and not a privilege. Maybe some day, we will catch up.

All that being said, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else but here in the USA smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#500094 - 08/03/20 07:24 PM Re: OOT: Meds ... [Re: lahawk]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By lahawk

All that being said, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else but here in the USA smile

You bet. I love living in the USA. I just wish that basic rights that most people have are available here too. Simply tax billionaires like most other countries and everything would be possible. I don't mind paying taxes at all. Everyone else should pay too. Including that person in the WH. If you don't think billionaires should pay tax you are a dumbass.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online