SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#499911 - 07/14/20 03:16 AM Ketron SD40
underdog Offline

Hi. I have retired from playing keyboards and I have bought a Ketron SD40 module to use with my midi accordion. There is no midi control panel on the accordion, just a midi output connection on the grill and the midi transmit velocity seems to be fixed at full. Can anyone please tell me if there is any way I can decrease the velocity received within the Ketron as the sound is very harsh due to full velocity being received. I wouldn't need it to be variable, just to reduce it somewhat so it would sound not so harsh. I have tried changing velocity settings and volume pedal response but these made no difference. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

#499916 - 07/14/20 05:44 PM Re: Ketron SD40 [Re: underdog]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I don't own an SD40, and in some respects the manual isn't especially detailed. Hopefully AJ or someone else will answer your question directly.

What I can offer is this: A company called MIDI Solutions makes a series of modules that you could insert between your instrument and the SD40. Some of these modules may have the ability to alter the data as it passes through. Maybe their "Event Processor" can lower the velocity as you require. NOTE: I'm not affiliated with this company, just a happy user. Check them out!

http://www.midisolutions.com

#499917 - 07/15/20 03:19 AM Re: Ketron SD40 [Re: TedS]
underdog Offline

Thank you very much for your reply TedS. I will try to contact them to verify if they have a product that will do this

#499918 - 07/15/20 08:20 AM Re: Ketron SD40 [Re: underdog]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
AJ's phone is 267-323-5005
email him at ketron@ajamsonic.com or
ajaminc@gmail.com

He is very good at replying to calls and emails.

Deane

#499919 - 07/15/20 10:31 AM Re: Ketron SD40 [Re: hammer]
underdog Offline

Thank you hammer

#499923 - 07/16/20 05:32 AM Re: Ketron SD40 [Re: underdog]
volovicg Offline

Loc: Carmel Indiana
In the voice edit menu - there is a velocity parameter for each voice in a preset. If this parameter is set to "ON" the velocity is touch sensitive - since your Midi accordion is likely sending fix full values - the volume will be as you indicate "very powerful" - You can change this value from "ON" to any velocity value from from 1-127 - try picking a velocity of 75 and see if that solves your issues. You will have to do it for each voice in a preset you want to use.....

I also recommend you join this group as well.... lot's of great information and questions are answered almost immediately.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KetronSD90/?ref=group_header

#499939 - 07/18/20 03:19 AM Re: Ketron SD40 [Re: volovicg]
underdog Offline

Thank you very much volovicg for your reply. This is exactly what I was trying to achieve. I wish manufacturers would consult knowledgeable people like yourself when they are writing manuals so that people of average intelligence understand when they want to know a bit more than how to switch on their instrument.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online