SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#499474 - 06/26/20 07:19 AM Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Perhaps, as a nice change up to recent SZ events, this Paul Cook video may help. I find him to be a jolly 'ol fella, who has a great attitude. I like his message at the end (about the 20 minute mark)

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#499500 - 06/27/20 09:44 AM Re: Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Nice selection of songs. I had forgotten what beautiful melody “ Fragile” by Sting is. I’m going to try to learn that one. Thanks for posting that, Larry!

BTW, how has your experience with sx900 been?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#499508 - 06/27/20 04:47 PM Re: Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video [Re: lahawk]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I am impressed with the quality of the sounds on that board. Nice job and good songs. I never get to hear any other arrangers live so that was nice.

#499509 - 06/27/20 05:38 PM Re: Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video [Re: montunoman]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quote from Paul

"BTW, how has your experience with the sx900 been?"
----------------------------------
It's been great. As a side gig, I use to play background music at a nursing home, but I no longer do that. The SX-900 stays home and I play it everyday most of the time with headphones. I went from a PSR 3000 to the SX-900 and that's a huge jump in quality. It took awhile but now I love the combination touch screen and button selection. The overall sound is fantastic, and I really like that you can layer 3 right hand voices. It's a fun keyboard. Now if I could just play as good as you Paul. 😁
So how is your band these days?With Texas getting a spike in the pandemic, it must it difficult to play anywhere. I love the family affair with you and your wife, and your daughter on violin. Maybe in your spare time, you can make another YouTube video. 😁

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#499514 - 06/27/20 08:08 PM Re: Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By lahawk

So how is your band these days?With Texas getting a spike in the pandemic, it must it difficult to play anywhere. I love the family affair with you and your wife, and your daughter on violin. Maybe in your spare time, you can make another YouTube video. 😁

Like everyone else, everything has been canceled. The best we could find has been playing on an outdoor patio at a Mexican restaurant for dinner and tips. We took this weekend off because the air quality has been horrible due to a dust storm that blew in from Africa, believe it or not! Between my allergies the wind and the dust it just wasn’t worth it for tips and a taco! Hopefully will be back next weekend.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#499542 - 06/29/20 06:29 AM Re: Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video [Re: montunoman]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
Originally Posted By lahawk

it just wasn’t worth it for tips and a taco! Hopefully will be back next weekend.

Funny! Hope we all get back soon.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online