Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video

Posted by: lahawk

Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video - 06/26/20 07:19 AM

Perhaps, as a nice change up to recent SZ events, this Paul Cook video may help. I find him to be a jolly 'ol fella, who has a great attitude. I like his message at the end (about the 20 minute mark)

Posted by: montunoman

Re: Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video - 06/27/20 09:44 AM

Nice selection of songs. I had forgotten what beautiful melody “ Fragile” by Sting is. I’m going to try to learn that one. Thanks for posting that, Larry!

BTW, how has your experience with sx900 been?
Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video - 06/27/20 04:47 PM

I am impressed with the quality of the sounds on that board. Nice job and good songs. I never get to hear any other arrangers live so that was nice.
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video - 06/27/20 05:38 PM

Quote from Paul

"BTW, how has your experience with the sx900 been?"
----------------------------------
It's been great. As a side gig, I use to play background music at a nursing home, but I no longer do that. The SX-900 stays home and I play it everyday most of the time with headphones. I went from a PSR 3000 to the SX-900 and that's a huge jump in quality. It took awhile but now I love the combination touch screen and button selection. The overall sound is fantastic, and I really like that you can layer 3 right hand voices. It's a fun keyboard. Now if I could just play as good as you Paul. 😁
So how is your band these days?With Texas getting a spike in the pandemic, it must it difficult to play anywhere. I love the family affair with you and your wife, and your daughter on violin. Maybe in your spare time, you can make another YouTube video. 😁
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video - 06/27/20 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By lahawk

So how is your band these days?With Texas getting a spike in the pandemic, it must it difficult to play anywhere. I love the family affair with you and your wife, and your daughter on violin. Maybe in your spare time, you can make another YouTube video. 😁

Like everyone else, everything has been canceled. The best we could find has been playing on an outdoor patio at a Mexican restaurant for dinner and tips. We took this weekend off because the air quality has been horrible due to a dust storm that blew in from Africa, believe it or not! Between my allergies the wind and the dust it just wasn’t worth it for tips and a taco! Hopefully will be back next weekend.
Posted by: zuki

Re: Nice Laid Back SX-900 Video - 06/29/20 06:29 AM

Originally Posted By montunoman
Originally Posted By lahawk

it just wasn’t worth it for tips and a taco! Hopefully will be back next weekend.

Funny! Hope we all get back soon.