SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#499491 - 06/27/20 04:11 AM Facebook
Torch Offline

I am joining Don Mason’s Arranger Keyboard Players on Facebook. So probably this will be my last post here. I know many do not use Facebook probably because it can be very intrusive. Using a fictitious name will solve the problem. John Smith instead of John Brown for instance. I joined this forum mainly because of the fierce but funny sparring between Gary and Fran on Roland, Bose, and etc. Anyway, I left another post in the bar if anybody cares to read it.
http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/499490#Post499490
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#499497 - 06/27/20 09:29 AM Re: Facebook [Re: Torch]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Isn't it amazing how one man can cause so much division and animosity ?

#499515 - 06/27/20 08:57 PM Re: Facebook [Re: Torch]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Torch
I am joining Don Mason’s Arranger Keyboard Players on Facebook. So probably this will be my last post here. I know many do not use Facebook probably because it can be very intrusive. Using a fictitious name will solve the problem. John Smith instead of John Brown for instance. I joined this forum mainly because of the fierce but funny sparring between Gary and Fran on Roland, Bose, and etc. Anyway, I left another post in the bar if anybody cares to read it.

Hi ,
must admit, not a fan of Facebook. Too intrusive. Joined years ago for my teddy bear hobby, didn’t even have to submit my real name, joined up as rikki's bears, basically same name as I use on the forums. Gave as little information about myself as possible, and left it at that. Only thing I ever used it for was for one of my iPad games So if something happened, I could load back in via Facebook.

At least now I’ll get some use out of the account.

If I did have a legitimate use for Facebook ie keeping in touch with family and friends, I tend to think I’d start a seperate account for my games or forums, rather than have my personal stuff mixed in with my hobby stuff.

Edited by rikkisbears (06/27/20 09:01 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#499520 - 06/28/20 08:27 AM Re: Facebook [Re: rikkisbears]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Originally Posted By Torch

Hi ,
must admit, not a fan of Facebook. Too intrusive. Joined years ago for my teddy bear hobby, didn’t even have to submit my real name, joined up as rikki's bears, basically same name as I use on the forums. Gave as little information about myself as possible, and left it at that. Only thing I ever used it for was for one of my iPad games So if something happened, I could load back in via Facebook.

At least now I’ll get some use out of the account.

If I did have a legitimate use for Facebook ie keeping in touch with family and friends, I tend to think I’d start a seperate account for my games or forums, rather than have my personal stuff mixed in with my hobby stuff.

Actually.. i am on facebook under my real name..
Used it mostly as a means to keep contact with friends..
And even to get backin contact with friends from my youth..

Only in the recent few years Facebook started more and more taking over from my presence in forums.. there is a lot of information to be found these days..

Altough, i still prefer a good forum over a facebook group..
It leans itselves much better for discussions.. with its easy way to quote and link

http://keyszone.boards.net

#499522 - 06/28/20 08:45 AM Re: Facebook [Re: Torch]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I've been here since 2001 and I'm staying. I refuse to let politics sway me from leaving a site that is perhaps the best forum on the Net. I actually joined the new Facebook Arranger page, but I soon left. Not because they have a different Political opinion than me, but I already belong to a great Group here at the SZ, PSR Tutorial, Yamaha Keyboard Players Club, Yamaha Keyboard Forum, as well as a couple of Facebook Arranger groups already established years ago.

For what it's worth, I'm an Obama fan, and there were times haters bashed him beyond what is even happening today to Trump. That's just the way it is, and has been forever! Politicians are open to criticism, and at times it can get nasty. While it may seem "your guy" is being picked on more, just do some homework, and check out past Presidents and the crap they put up with. The very first President of the US all the way to Lincoln, and now Trump have had to put up with abuse from the public and media. And please, saying the facts don't support criticizing "your guy", just do some research to find out that perhaps there is some truth in what is being said. Problem is, it can be hard to hear the truth, and it's hard to admit that the guy you voted for, is not really the leader you expected him to be. It's just hard to admit that mistake, although to the credit of some, they can.

Finally, It's a real shame that some have decided to leave because of Politics and or Religion. The Bar has been set up for that purpose, so why even go to the Bar if you know it could be trouble. And speaking of trouble with lots of nasty stuff being spewed, Facebook may be the worse. For me, when visiting Facebook, I just scroll down away from the nonsense. I learned to ignore, too bad those that have left the SZ couldn't have done the same.

So I'm done with reading these topics on "Leaving SZ" and the their departing shots comments. I can only hope those guys will someday soon return. I really like those guys that have left, and politics and religion never entered into our friendship. So we will be here, waiting for your return. I sure hope you all reconsider, "can't we all just get along?"

Life is too short...love ya all smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#499523 - 06/28/20 09:54 AM Re: Facebook [Re: Torch]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I’m joining the FB group and staying here. The SZ has been a good and valuable resource for me countless times. That said, I like the group format on FB. I’m sure a lot of people will be doing the same as I.

#499525 - 06/28/20 11:14 AM Re: Facebook [Re: cassp]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
In a relationship, when one party tells the other, in effect, 'because of your beliefs, you're no longer the person I thought you were', separation is bound to follow ... unfortunately, feelings were not left in the bar and spilled over ...

I don't know that the two groups (SZ and FB) need be mutually exclusive of the other, and as has been said, SZ has been a valuable source of information, and for that reason I will most likely continue to read what is being posted ... If I feel I have something of value to add, I probably will ...

I wish EVERYONE nothing but the best ...

#499526 - 06/28/20 11:37 AM Re: Facebook [Re: tony mads usa]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I stopped posting here in February after receiving an insulting
private message from a member.For curiosity I had a look at the Facebook forum only to find he`s been accepted as a member,so it`s a no go for me.I`ve just looked up that February post(it is now on page 40)and guess what,he`s removed himself from this topic.
Stay safe.

#499527 - 06/28/20 12:28 PM Re: Facebook [Re: Terrysutt]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Terrysutt
I stopped posting here in February after receiving an insulting
private message from a member.For curiosity I had a look at the Facebook forum only to find he`s been accepted as a member,so it`s a no go for me.I`ve just looked up that February post(it is now on page 40)and guess what,he`s removed himself from this topic.
Stay safe.

Insulting PM’s ?

Never tought such would happen here?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#499528 - 06/28/20 12:42 PM Re: Facebook [Re: Torch]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Have to admit...there have been some SZ members, groups of members and posts that made me uncomfortable on the Zone. Some of those same members are joining the FB page under other names...But if the posts are not inflammatory, mean or demeaning, I will continue to monitor and participate. Its the commonality of arrangers that should hold all together.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online