SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#499369 - 06/24/20 10:00 AM zuki and the Pacemakers
zuki Offline

Well, just one Pacemaker. Excellent shape, 172, ride bikes, treadmill. Nothing surprised me more when I couldn't get my heart pulse past 40, which dipped into the 30s. Off I went and had a Pacemaker installed. Npt a real difficult procedure, but those hospital pokes and all are enough to say "get me the hell out of here".

Everything is great now. I have even more energy, which is so awesome.

I picked up on my jazz piano studies again and will probably forego arranger play for the foreseeable future.

I missed all the reasons members are dropping out and hope everyone reconsiders. I sure am counting my blessings and friends. Life throws us curves and I'm happy to be alive.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#499370 - 06/24/20 10:31 AM Re: zuki and the Pacemakers [Re: zuki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
zuki ... welcome to the club ... I've had mine for a few years now ... They say I've got about 6 1/2 years left on the battery ... I hope I live long enough for the battery change ...

It's amazing how easy the procedure seemed ...

Stay safe and Stay well ...

PS: Unfortunately, it seems that politics has overflowed from 'THE BAR' and has gotten in the way of allowing for diverse opinions ... I am not confident that anyone who has left will return - at least not for some time ...
Don Mason has established a FaceBook GROUP, and is looking into other alternatives ...

I will probably be more of a 'lurker' from here on out ...

#499373 - 06/24/20 10:57 AM Re: zuki and the Pacemakers [Re: zuki]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Glad you got it taken care of Jim. Hopefully the others will come back, or we can continue our productive arranger-focused discussions somewhere else...

#499374 - 06/24/20 11:05 AM Re: zuki and the Pacemakers [Re: zuki]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Technology advances in pacemakers has been incredible since I first was introduced to them way back in 1963. At the time, they were quite large, and in order to implant one, we had to perform major surgery, opening the chest and sewing electrodes on the heart, then fishing the two wires under through the intercostal muscles, under the skin and down to the pacemaker pack which was placed on the left side of the stomach. The batteries only lasted about a year, and replacement was not at all easy because of adhesion formation from the device.

Today, the electrodes are at the end of a catheter, the wire is not much larger in diameter than a thin spaghetti noodle and the batteries pretty much last longer than the patient does. And, now they include a built in defibrillator, which is automatically triggered by a built in EKG monitor.

WOW!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#499376 - 06/24/20 11:26 AM Re: zuki and the Pacemakers [Re: travlin'easy]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Wow Jim...So glad to hear You are doing fine. I'm almost 72 doing what I think is good ( just don't ask My Wife) just kidding...Stay Safe Sincerely, Harold

#499378 - 06/24/20 11:35 AM Re: zuki and the Pacemakers [Re: zuki]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Zuki - congrats on the "new band".... ha ha. Yes, the heart stuff sure comes as a surprise to soooo many (me included - been down the triple bypass road). Glad to see you are doing so well! Technology is amazing and it's wonderful it is applied so well to medical devices and procedures.

I am sorry to see the folks around here disappear due to politics. It is such a shame but we all have to be true to our inner selves. It's a very sad sign of the times we are now living in, I suppose. I, like Tony will likely become even "more" of a lurker if that's possible. Will have to check out the new FB hangout and see how life is on that side of the park...

Anyway, congrats on going through the procedure successfully and enjoy all your endeavors be they musical or not!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#499380 - 06/24/20 12:28 PM Re: zuki and the Pacemakers [Re: zuki]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Zuki,
Good luck with the pacemaker. Glad to hear your doing great. Today's tech is incredible.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#499384 - 06/24/20 01:02 PM Re: zuki and the Pacemakers [Re: zuki]
zuki Offline

Thanks all for the nice comments. Stark reminder that life is fragile. I'm not going anywhere. We need a new arranger to hit the market????

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#499385 - 06/24/20 01:14 PM Re: zuki and the Pacemakers [Re: zuki]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Jim, Great name for a band! I wish you the best and if I were a betting man I would have bet you would never had needed a pacemaker. Stay well and glad to hear you're doing great.

#499396 - 06/24/20 03:33 PM Re: zuki and the Pacemakers [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Jim, Great name for a band!

I think "Gerry and the Pacemakers" beat him to it ... laugh2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online