SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#498881 - 06/17/20 05:20 AM To much work to play a song synth vs arranger...
Dnj Offline

I watched this and for me I would rather just pick a style and play vs going thru all this creative processing for hours to achieve
I don't know what....am I wrong to think this way?
Yes you can create original content any way you like
but at what cost vs an all in one arranger?
I'm glad I got the synth/workstation scenario out of my system.
but what's next?

#498883 - 06/17/20 05:42 AM Re: To much work to play a song synth vs arranger... [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
IMHO, there are few that have gone to the depth of what our arrangers offer us, but that’s me. When I become bored with my Sx900, I find something new, (which will add to my playing) and I am off loving it again.

Life is short, so do what pleases you the most.
John C.

#498884 - 06/17/20 05:55 AM Re: To much work to play a song synth vs arranger... [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

John sometimes I wonder ...cha cha. rumba.waltz,polka, jazz swing, playing in my house? why?...sometimes I just want to sit and get inspired with something simple like a good digital piano
and maybe a simple rhythm backing etc,....
ahhhhhh who knows anymore..? between whats going on in the world,
the limitless delays in gear being released is depressing at best.
I'm glad I'm a singer to off set my boredom.

#498892 - 06/17/20 06:53 AM Re: To much work to play a song synth vs arranger... [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
I would rather just pick a style and play vs going thru all this creative processing for hours

I agree. Use styles most of the time and MIDI files for songs that need special treatment. Best of both worlds.

#498893 - 06/17/20 07:10 AM Re: To much work to play a song synth vs arranger... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Donny
As we know its all about the vocals and no one cares how the backround is made. I use an arranger to get a fuller sound and a danceable beat. I could do it with a piano and drum machine but the variety is not there. This is for live work. If I was doing recording thats another discussion.
Your idea of going basic I think is good and a mind cleanser. Take a break from operating systems, sounds, etc. Just a DP , maybe drum machine will let you focus on other things more. the chords you play, how you voice them, rhythmic variations, and on and on. I go crazy editing Styles and SMFs and wish I didn't have to spend so much time on them but I'm never satisfied with everything.
I truly enjoy just getting back to basics on my DP.

#498898 - 06/17/20 07:25 AM Re: To much work to play a song synth vs arranger... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Donny
As we know its all about the vocals and no one cares how the backround is made. I use an arranger to get a fuller sound and a danceable beat. I could do it with a piano and drum machine but the variety is not there. This is for live work. If I was doing recording thats another discussion.
Your idea of going basic I think is good and a mind cleanser. Take a break from operating systems, sounds, etc. Just a DP , maybe drum machine will let you focus on other things more. the chords you play, how you voice them, rhythmic variations, and on and on. I go crazy editing Styles and SMFs and wish I didn't have to spend so much time on them but I'm never satisfied with everything.
I truly enjoy just getting back to basics on my DP.

Bill all great thoughts and thinking ....if I wanna sing with a full backing track that's no problem and can cover any gig if I played out or for recording. I now also have a controller that I use to fill in parts of any backing track using my VST's in the DAW and also could probably create easily track by track songs with ease too. But to just sit and play letting your feelings come thru your fingers and soul is always what the magic of music does to a player inside.

#498902 - 06/17/20 07:40 AM Re: To much work to play a song synth vs arranger... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

I watched this and for me I would rather just pick a style and play vs going thru all this creative processing for hours to achieve
but what's next?

When you compose and arrange your own orriginal music..
You have to do the same on an arranger..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#498903 - 06/17/20 08:02 AM Re: To much work to play a song synth vs arranger... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj

but what's next?

When you compose and arrange your own original music..
You have to do the same on an arranger..

Bachus let's be honest it is much more simpler and all inclusive on an arranger vs a workstation....and you also have the option to use styles...or use the sequencer to produce a song...
it's all in there on an good arranger best of both worlds.
shut off style play to play solo piano, use styles on a gig, use SMF and edit, or Mp3 playback on top, multitrack songs track by track, Vocal harmony, edit sounds till your hearts content,...
ALL IN ONE PACKAGE

#498910 - 06/17/20 08:53 AM Re: To much work to play a song synth vs arranger... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#498916 - 06/17/20 11:12 AM Re: To much work to play a song synth vs arranger... [Re: Dnj]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Well....I use my PA 4X as an Arranger/Workstation for original songs...

Here's my recent experience

1. Sold PA 4X (December Financial hardship) that alows me to quickly & easlily to compose & release music rapidly to the public. All music ceased.

2. Bought a Roland new Fantom 76.."Thinking" I wanted to step up my game & go back to workstation...Stared at the keyboard for a week as now I had to fully create a drum and bass track...I didn't create a single anything. Packed it up & shipped it back

3. Bought another PA 4X & in 10 days had a composition recorded AND released to VIDEO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online