SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#498843 - 06/16/20 01:55 PM Re: Annoying Things People Say to Musicians [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Actually, I view myself as an independent contractor

Right - an independent contractor SERVING your clients. Providing them a SERVICE ... just like me.
smile

#498844 - 06/16/20 01:57 PM Re: Annoying Things People Say to Musicians [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
I remember one incident that sums up my method of dealing with troublemakers for better or worse. At the end of the night a guy came up to me and I thought he was going to say "I enjoyed the music" or something. Instead, the guy said something like "you guys don't know a C chord from F." After I got done telling him off (he was smaller than me), he apologized and left. My friend in the band, whose philosophy of life is like Uncle Dave's, was mortified.

The guy unknowingly got his revenge when he returned the following week. He was seated with three or four bigger guys. I was convinced that he had brought back some friends to inflict a beating on me at the end of the night. I was looking over my shoulder the whole time I was packing up but the expected problem never materialized. I realized that the guy was probably drunk when he insulted me and likely had forgotten the whole thing.

#498845 - 06/16/20 02:13 PM Re: Annoying Things People Say to Musicians [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dave do you remember when you were playing the Ball Park (go go bar).. The only time I ever was there , when you played ( even though I knew the owner too)..

You were throwing barbs at me from the stage, and I was sitting at the bar . Sitting next to me was a "biker" not a big guy, but looked like he could mix it up a bit..

The guy jumped up as to defend me for taking your barbs... I thought he was going to kick your butt grin

#498852 - 06/16/20 03:42 PM Re: Annoying Things People Say to Musicians [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

My sharp wit has gotten me "almost" into trouble, but my endearing charm wins out every time., Never been in a fight - EVER. You forgot to mention that that place was a GoGo bar, so ... set the scene correctly.

#498853 - 06/16/20 04:24 PM Re: Annoying Things People Say to Musicians [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I haven't had a fight since I learned to apologize. smile

#498855 - 06/16/20 04:47 PM Re: Annoying Things People Say to Musicians [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Don Mason ... always the gentleman! I'm more of a coward who's afraid of hurting his fingers. lol

#498856 - 06/16/20 04:49 PM Re: Annoying Things People Say to Musicians [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Don's big so he can scare them off. And he has a badge. smile

#498858 - 06/16/20 05:01 PM Re: Annoying Things People Say to Musicians [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

rotfl

#498859 - 06/16/20 05:16 PM Re: Annoying Things People Say to Musicians [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
My sharp wit has gotten me "almost" into trouble, but my endearing charm wins out every time., Never been in a fight - EVER. You forgot to mention that that place was a GoGo bar, so ... set the scene correctly.

I did mention it was a go go bar smile

#498863 - 06/16/20 06:18 PM Re: Annoying Things People Say to Musicians [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

missed that

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online