There has been talk about the dedicated mic output jack on the SD60 (maybe other SD models too?) and I can now confirm that the 1/4" jack separates the dry lead mic1 and sends it to wherever you route it. I can't imagine a single scenario that makes it useful. It essentially is the exact same thing as plugging your mic directly into a mixer, or monitor.

One thing it DOES do, is still trigger the vocal harmonies, but they are not routed through this output. They still come through the main outs (and speakers, in the case of the SD60) When will a performer want just the lead (dry) to go to a separate track, while the connected harmonies are sent to the KB destination? Even in a multitrack situation, I don't see this as practical.At the very least - having the effects follow the lead vocal would be explained as somewhat useful. What am I missing?

I have a few suggestion for a better use of this jack:

1) route both mics (wet) out, so a separate vocal monitor can be used without taking the vocal out of the main mix. I'd use it this way.
2) Allow this jack to be assigned to ANY instrument/group so that it may be routed to a dedicated amp for more realism. A great setup (though more complex) would be to have your main outs with most parts (including both vocals and guitars), use direct out for bass, and the HP out for drums. In a larger band scenario - this could be useful.

I'm still a frontrunner for option #1 - having all vocals and effects coming out separately would be a HUGE stage plus for monitoring. Listening AJ?

BTW - this new model does have one improvement in the vocal slider department - you can now balance lead and Voicetron from 0-100% with the sliders.On the SD7, it was not possible to remove the lead 100% in case you were doing ooohs and ahhhs behind another vocalist. This is a good change.

While I'm on the subject of suggestions - why did the tap tempo to foot switch disappear??? The FS is so much more accurate than tapping on the screen. I'd love to see that brought back. It was on the SD7, but taken out in the SD60. Sigh .... one step forward, two steps back.