SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#497992 - 06/02/20 04:06 AM Re: my arrangement of "Roller Coaster " on Ketron SD7 [Re: john smies]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Great rhythm to the tune, I like it!

#498061 - 06/03/20 04:08 AM Re: my arrangement of "Roller Coaster " on Ketron SD7 [Re: john smies]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Matter of taste , this number is great as it is , changing style and try to sing with it isnt my peace of cake .

I crazy

#498068 - 06/03/20 07:24 AM Re: my arrangement of "Roller Coaster " on Ketron SD7 [Re: Impuls]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By Impuls
Matter of taste , this number is great as it is , changing style and try to sing with it isnt my peace of cake .

I crazy

No problem, but at least I have used my creative juices smile

The way you play it, or rather reproduce it on your Genos using a Midifile of the original song and adding one finger of your right hand to play the melody isn't exactly my piece of cake, but like I said, no problem, no accouting for tastes.....

For those of you who are wondering what I am on about, here is the rendition of Impuls ( or Soneg, or Sonyt, all aliases used on the Dutch keyboard forum):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3MozBOZwzI

regards
John

#498071 - 06/03/20 07:40 AM Re: my arrangement of "Roller Coaster " on Ketron SD7 [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

John so what are we looking at here confused1

#498075 - 06/03/20 09:29 AM Re: my arrangement of "Roller Coaster " on Ketron SD7 [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

John so what are we looking at here confused1

....You tell me !!!!!

regards
John

#498076 - 06/03/20 09:36 AM Re: my arrangement of "Roller Coaster " on Ketron SD7 [Re: john smies]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By john smies
Originally Posted By Impuls

I crazy

No problem, but at least I have used my creative juices smile

The way you play it, or rather reproduce it on your Genos using a Midifile of the original song and adding one finger of your right hand to play the melody isn't exactly my piece of cake, but like I said, no problem, no accouting for tastes.....

For those of you who are wondering what I am on about, here is the rendition of Impuls ( or Soneg, or Sonyt, all aliases used on the Dutch keyboard forum):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3MozBOZwzI

regards
John

No No No!!! The saying is " not my cup of tea" grin

#498077 - 06/03/20 09:41 AM Re: my arrangement of "Roller Coaster " on Ketron SD7 [Re: Fran Carango]
john smies Offline

[/quote]
No No No!!! The saying is " not my cup of tea" grin [/quote]

....seems to me that is the least of his problems Fran,

regards
John

#498080 - 06/03/20 10:19 AM Re: my arrangement of "Roller Coaster " on Ketron SD7 [Re: john smies]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
The original Artist took a chance with the soft beginning. Personally, I thought he waited too long to get the tune going. Interesting because I am working on a tune with a soft beginning...

This song may have been HUGE in HOLLAND....But I almost shut it off because it took TOO LONG to get going...I personally was not going to wait for the song to grab me...It didn't. If this was on my YOUTUBE I would have shut it off in about 30 seconds because it was all the same. Also, one observation, he is a good guitar player, not great. Based ONLY on what I saw & heard on this song, he is above me as a guitar player slightly, & on this tune IN A STUDIO SETTING, I personally would have fired myself on acoustic guitar and brought in a better guitar player. I get why he put himself on the guitar, but a stud session acoustic player would have served better here...As JOHN SMILES would say, "Me thinks"...

If John didn't say listen to it, I would never have stuck with the mans tune...

Now he gets it going & I like it, but for me personally the original version took too long to build.

But, what do I know? He has a HIT....And Uhmmmmmmmmm....I don't

#498092 - 06/03/20 02:17 PM Re: my arrangement of "Roller Coaster " on Ketron SD7 [Re: john smies]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I don't understand the spiteful comments on a plain honest comment about someone's movie.
I'm not saying anything about the vocal quality (which is very mediocre), but just that changing the rhythm totally ruined the song in my view.
Here are regular videos and recordings of people who only play with Midi files and then the reactions are full of praise and that it is all great.
This is the first video in which I used a Midi, with the reason not to do short the original song.
At that time, John S also thought it necessary to react very unkindly
It's all a matter of taste, and it's all about the fun of making music whether you're an amateur or a pro.
We will not see top artists here, because they think the use of Arranger keyboards is "inferior".
I hope you are all doing well in the future, I will not respond for the time being.
It is a pity that a country member spoil the atmosphere for me

I frown

#498094 - 06/03/20 03:57 PM Re: my arrangement of "Roller Coaster " on Ketron SD7 [Re: john smies]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Well, I liked the original song and I think John's version was good too. A different take and nothing wrong with that. I think there has been more than one remake of a hit that changed things up successfully. Good vocal too John, very talented singer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online