SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49806 - 03/16/05 11:24 AM SD CARD BackUP
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Fellow forumer's ,
I've read with interest the problem of SD card failure and the need to back up the card and also load it on the computer so the data can be safely stored .

Please would someone tell me what i have to do and what equipment do I need to buy to use my computer ?

regards .....Giovanni Norwich UK

#49807 - 03/16/05 02:14 PM Re: SD CARD BackUP
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi,

To make a backup you can either use the SongManager tool that came with the KN7000, or our KN-SDExplorer tool. You can then compress the contents to an sdb-file, which you can restore later on the SD or another SD Card.

Regards, Fred

#49808 - 03/16/05 03:25 PM Re: SD CARD BackUP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Giovanni,

If you search the forum you will find all kind of testimonials about the KN 7000 Explorer Tool. I for one recommend the expenditure of about $50 for this tool.

Organizing the SD card has been an on going process for me since I purchased the 7000.
The tool that came with the 7000 works. But it takes forever to get the job done.

Last week I re-organized a 256 card, moving folders, songs to where I wanted them. This would have taken days using the 7000 and the tool that they supplied. Using the KN 7 Explorer, the process of saving to computer (25 min) and shuffling of files and songs (30 min) and then restore (25 min) using Freds Tool. It is well worth the investment to me.

This is not a paid testimonial. I like to give credit where credit is due.

Fran in Florida

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online