SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#497930 - 06/01/20 02:13 AM Re: Who is your favorite arranger player? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
My favorite demonstrator was Michele Voncken who was apparently let go by Yamaha. Also like Harris and Barrtmans. Favorite Synthzone player is Don Mason.

Why do so many people answer the question with an arranger demonstrator?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#497931 - 06/01/20 03:03 AM Re: Who is your favorite arranger player? [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Without doubt myself. I am so very good and I love listening to my myself grin

No serious my favorite one is Allois Muller. I love what he do with his left hand and he gives a lot useful tips.

#497936 - 06/01/20 05:22 AM Re: Who is your favorite arranger player? [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Bachus
My favorite demonstrator was Michele Voncken who was apparently let go by Yamaha. Also like Harris and Barrtmans. Favorite Synthzone player is Don Mason.

Because they "sell the sizzle, not the steak." To a degree it's about marketing the product. If they get us talking about who is your favorite they've done the job.

I'd say Peter Baartman's is my favorite and I'm sure some of that has to do with seeing him and talking with him in a group setting of 5 people 6 years ago.

#497939 - 06/01/20 06:34 AM Re: Who is your favorite arranger player? [Re: Bachus]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Bachus

Demonstrators are very visible so many are aware of them. They generally are very good if not brilliant players as well.

#497944 - 06/01/20 08:02 AM Re: Who is your favorite arranger player? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I really enjoy our Rico's playing. He exudes the joy of playing music.

#497946 - 06/01/20 08:31 AM Re: Who is your favorite arranger player? [Re: sparky589]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589
I really enjoy our Rico's playing. He exudes the joy of playing music.

Yes Spark he really shows what can be done mixing it up using SMF
backing files and playing on top sounds great too.
He has a great voice also.

#497947 - 06/01/20 08:35 AM Re: Who is your favorite arranger player? [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
That's the first time I heard Rico sing - great voice, excellent timing, and I am confident that he could to the same routing using his arranger keyboard and without a midi file.

Thanks for posting that video,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#497951 - 06/01/20 10:48 AM Re: Who is your favorite arranger player? [Re: travlin'easy]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I never heard him sing either- wow. Great style and control just like his playing. I am reminded of his bossa rendition of Stranger in Paradise. He just has so much fun when he plays. Shows me how much we need to enjoy the pure satisfaction of playing music where we all started, not just for adulation, attention, or for an audience.

#497954 - 06/01/20 11:55 AM Re: Who is your favorite arranger player? [Re: sparky589]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I really don't like comparisons like this, BUT going just on the players here, I have to say Don Mason for how he uses the arranger, and how when I listen to his work I really think I am listening to a country BAND ...
And of course I must add Kabinopus, who plays so well ...

#497956 - 06/01/20 12:32 PM Re: Who is your favorite arranger player? [Re: Bachus]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
There are just too many wonderful folks (here on SZ and throughout the internet world) who are great inspirations. Have to say thought, that Allois Muller gets my nod as he doesn't even speak English yet he makes a great effort to convey his knowledge to those who don't speak German. He's a great musician and he makes great educational videos. And to the SZ crowd....well, "You're ALL my favorites"!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online