SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#497741 - 05/27/20 07:19 AM North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" ..
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Steve calls me his RI 'brother' and calls Randy his Florida 'brother' ...
Well, his 'brothers' collaborated on this great Michael Frank's song ...
I laid down the track just using the 'Cool Latin Bossa' (if I remember that right) and a couple of multi pads, and did the vocal over it ... I then sent it to Randy who worked his saxophone magic and there you have it ...
I have to give a giant THANK YOU to Randy, because his playing made all the difference in the world to this recording ...

https://app.box.com/s/w7yh4yg1ys4jqzrwzmdy8duvvf0a4lv3

#497743 - 05/27/20 07:29 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Beautiful! Love it.

#497744 - 05/27/20 07:35 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: btweengigs]
Dnj Offline

Tony and Randy you guys did a fantastic collaboration
on this song. Korg pa900 & Live sax is outstanding!!
Really well done all around thank you for sharing. clap
Hey this collaboration stuff is catching on .... wink
More More more .....hope to hear more SZ members
put their talents TOGETHER and make it happen. keys
Once again what a marvelous way to start my morning..

grazie to you both..

Edited by Dnj (05/27/20 07:38 AM)

#497748 - 05/27/20 08:40 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Tony,you did fine,but you are right,Randy's magic touch put it over the top.

#497749 - 05/27/20 08:44 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey my brother's Randy and Tony! Loved with the sneak preview I got last night then again this morning. Excellent work, kudos to you both. My wife also loved it, I played it back for her while we were sitting on our golf under the shade of a tree near our local coffee shop while we sipped Cappuccinos. cool smile

#497751 - 05/27/20 10:05 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
clap

#497752 - 05/27/20 10:27 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
nice

#497753 - 05/27/20 10:55 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
One of my all time favorite artists is John Klemmer (Touch) and I would listen to the "Touch" album over and over again. This composition weighs in at equal to the quality of John Klemmer's best recording.... The vibe of the tune, creates an incredible mood and spirituality for me to relax and experience my special mental sanctuary.

This is a huge composition/rendition of a tune and is exceptionally well done. I absolutely loved the tune and the musicianship is second to none. Very Very well done. It touches my inner spirituality.

Thank you.

#497754 - 05/27/20 10:56 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: tony mads usa]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Tony and Brother Steve! Yep, it was a fun collaboration with my northern Bro! Tony did a super job with the Korg on that song - perfect style and pads! And the vocal was "right on"! So it was a fun project for me to add a little icing to his cake.

Thanks also Tony for giving me the "kick" I needed to get off my duff and get the recording stuff working again. Got me a new mic and had a blast getting it cooking with the sax.

It was an honor and a pleasure! Thanks to all for the listens and the kind words on our joint endeavor!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#497756 - 05/27/20 11:01 AM Re: North/South collaboration by Steve's "brothers" .. [Re: salsaman]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By salsaman
One of my all time favorite artists is John Klemmer (Touch) and I would listen to the "Touch" album over and over again. This composition weighs in at equal to the quality of John Klemmer's best recording.... The vibe of the tune, creates an incredible mood and spirituality for me to relax and experience my special mental sanctuary.

This is a huge composition/rendition of a tune and is exceptionally well done. I absolutely loved the tune and the musicianship is second to none. Very Very well done. It touches my inner spirituality.

Thank you.

Wow Salsaman - thanks so very much for the inspiring words to both of us! And I am always happy to meet another John Klemmer fan! I majored in music (in part) due to John's "Touch" album. I learned and frequently played many of his tunes through the 80's. Loved his "My Love Has Butterfly Wings"! Wow what an amazing vibe his music was in my 20--something old ears and he definitely inspired me to learn the sax. So thanks for such a wonderful sentiment as John Klemmer has always been a hero to me.

Glad you liked Tony's cool arrangement and vocal stylings and the sax that I put in to bolster his wonderful song!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online