SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#496493 - 05/06/20 05:00 PM My first live show with LIVE GUESTS!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Tomorrow night, I'm playing a back lot concert at the restaurant that Covid has forced out of business. It's a bittersweet event - it'll be nice to see a few people, sitting in lawn chairs, 6' apart, with coolers, enjoying some camaraderie and tuneage. It'll stream of Facebook starting at 6pm EST (US) and it'll be a guitar/vocal, w/tracks performance. HAS to be, cuz there's no power available! I'll do the whole thing wirelessly, and using battery powered gear. should be interesting.

The main system will be the Roland Street Cube - line out to my digital recorder, and Zoom camera, line out of that into a pair of Bose S1pros. Streaming with be with the Shure MV88 mic into my iPhoneX.

Fingeres crossed for good weather, mindful, polite, safe assembly, and a great time with some friends that I dearly miss. (if the dog lady show - it'll be a very short show) stop

#496494 - 05/06/20 05:09 PM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Good luck Dave headphone

I will be virtually watching the live feed..

wish I was closer..

Edited by Dnj (05/07/20 05:20 AM)

#496495 - 05/06/20 05:12 PM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Thanks bud ... still in "prep mode" guitar

#496517 - 05/07/20 04:31 AM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Will you have SECURITY there too.....?

#496525 - 05/07/20 07:35 AM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

...still not sure what I'll do if she shows up. Everything inside me will cringe if she does, but if there are others there, I won't let them down. Catch 22 by definition.

#496557 - 05/07/20 05:54 PM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Looked like fun, Dave, ...
your thoughts?

#496560 - 05/07/20 07:26 PM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Just a few .... the audio was a bit distorted on the feed - not in person, but I couldn't monitor and perform at the same time. I'm fixing is as best I can in post. The Dog Walker did show (grrrr) and that was distracting, but the rest of the crowd was awesome. At the end of the day - it was like 2 nights pay for 1.5 hours. Not bad at all. Freakin' dog lady .... couldn't been a perfect night.

#496561 - 05/07/20 08:04 PM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Unfortunately, I did not get to see it from the beginning, but the part I heard sounded ok except for the beginning of the last song ...

You had to figure she would show - as long as it wasn't distracting ...

And financially, it sounds like you made out ok ... good for you ...

Overall, I would call it a win !

Just one thing ... I know people can't have masks on when they are singing, but I think you should have a bottle of hand sanitizer for when they hand the mic back to you ... just sayin' wink

#496564 - 05/07/20 08:52 PM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
... I know people can't have masks on when they are singing, but I think you should have a bottle of hand sanitizer for when they hand the mic back to you ...

I gave out Carona Condoms for each singer to put on the mic, and they kept them. That's enough for me. Hands don't sneeze. Wish I could have cleaned up the audio better, but it was a live show, and the priority was on the audience. The video is just a perk. More like a souvenir. LOL The sound in the parking lot was NOT distorted, it was the mic on the phone that was set a little too hot.

Better next time - hey! AJ on FB and YouTube tomorrow at noon! Get yer Ketron on ... like donkey kong

#496569 - 05/08/20 04:48 AM Re: My first live show with LIVE GUESTS! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Yes it was a great show ,...
no need for explanations just enjoy!

headphone

Edited by Dnj (05/08/20 07:17 AM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online