Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#495381 - 04/22/20 04:44 PM April QuaranTUNES on SD7
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY

#495384 - 04/22/20 04:51 PM Re: April QuaranTUNES on SD7 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

These are all tracks made years ago for different instruments. I don't really love the way they sound in these speakers - next time, they go through my teeny sub mixer first. Live sound from the Shure MV88 mic into iPhoneX streamed live to FB.

#495385 - 04/22/20 05:17 PM Re: April QuaranTUNES on SD7 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Why not use the great Sd7 styles instead of midi files?...
I still enjoyed it very much... Good job !
The "Concert for New Jersey" was on ABC also same time as you.

Thanx .. Next Wednesday 7pm again?

Edited by Dnj (04/23/20 06:34 AM)

#495416 - 04/23/20 08:04 AM Re: April QuaranTUNES on SD7 [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Why not use the great Sd7 styles instead of midi files?...

I love you, man ... but seriously, you crack me up sometimes. Your most repeated posts revolve around "boring. repetitive styles" ... and now you want more of them.
rolleyes
told another friend just moments ago (via email) that these concerts are aimed at my local watering hole audiences first, so the tune, and the interaction is more important to me (and them) than the sound source. I'm trying to stay connected to my peeps. I appreciate you taking the time to listen ... I know these last second shows are not up to a standard that many of us are used to, but I'm in a learning curve with broadcasting, and each little show contributes something valuable to the process.

The video is more important to me at this time than the audio. I know I can get much better sound, because I have done it, but I'm not ready to master audio and video separately (like most of YouTube) at this time. It'll come ... I'm headed in that direction, but it's a whole other mindset, gear set, and time hog.

Thanks for weighing in, and yes ... next Wednesday at 7. After that, going into May I think I will change the day and time to a more permanent schedule. Lots of irons in the fire over here. Talk soon, bud.

#495418 - 04/23/20 08:33 AM Re: April QuaranTUNES on SD7 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

I though you were going to show off the SD7's features?
I sent you some things also you got mail..
I understand what you are trying to do with these YT videos
and your crowd. I for one always learn from watching my mentor perform.
I did see the improvement with the video quality for sure.
Looking forward to the next show.
hang in there ...

#495420 - 04/23/20 08:58 AM Re: April QuaranTUNES on SD7 [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Dave, in no way am I suggesting that you go out and buy one but I just happen to notice that on my GoPro Hero8 Black (combined with the Media Mod - which I have) and the GoPro App, LiveStreaming is a snap - with many options to give you just the quality you want. It's pre-set for all the major platforms ie. YouTube, Facebook, etc.). A little expensive but I have to admit, I'm amazed at the amount of technology packed into that little cube. Check out some of the YT vids on livestreaming with the GoPro, especially the new Hero8 Black. Interestingly, the Hero7 Black doesn't even need the Media Mod as it already has an HDMI port. Don't know why they dropped it on the 8????. Just another option to look at.

chas

#495421 - 04/23/20 09:00 AM Re: April QuaranTUNES on SD7 [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Chas does this mean your going to post some jazzer videos with your performing now also..I hope so..kool cool2

Edited by Dnj (04/23/20 09:09 AM)

#495422 - 04/23/20 10:13 AM Re: April QuaranTUNES on SD7 [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Dave, in no way am I suggesting that you go out and buy one but I just happen to notice that on my GoPro Hero8 Black (combined with the Media Mod - which I have) and the GoPro App, LiveStreaming is a snap

Thanks Chas, GoPro was never touted as having great audio, but that was a while back. I'll do some research.

#495423 - 04/23/20 10:18 AM Re: April QuaranTUNES on SD7 [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny.
Naw, I have lots of music videos using all kinds of videocams; I just choose not to post them. Not my thing. I'll leave that to those people who enjoy sharing their visual performances. I have a YT account but don't post to it. I don't (and never will) belong to Facebook. Sorry.

chas

PS: If Russ and I ever do something together, maybe I'll post that.

Edited by cgiles (04/23/20 10:19 AM)

#495424 - 04/23/20 10:22 AM Re: April QuaranTUNES on SD7 [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
I though you were going to show off the SD7's features?
I sent you some things also you got mail.

Thanks for the SD suggestions ... great reading material. This month was the FIRST I ever even thought of any broadcasting in my future, but now that it's here - I have learned a lot from my trials during these April QuaranTUNES shows. Starting in May, I will dedicate certain videos to certain topics, and you can bet the exploration of the Keyboard world is high on the list. For whatever it's worth, and however the nomenclature applies .... I am now, officially a YouTube Content Creator ... in addition to being a live performer. These are exciting times, for sure. Necessity has once again proven to be the mother of invention, as I find myself reinventing my career path. I wasn't expecting to do it at this stage of my life, but who ever gets a warning in situations like these, right?

Starting in May, you'll see better videos, with better audio, and better content. That is the goal. "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"
(best advice ever John!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online