SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#495191 - 04/21/20 06:22 AM SX900 favorites problems?
Dnj Offline

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,55101.msg430064/topicseen.html#msg430064

#495197 - 04/21/20 07:19 AM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Looks like a programmer may have been too busy eating his sandwich (or chatting online) when he released his portion of the SX900 code. Has anyone tried the same sequence on the Genos? The good thing is it is software and bugs can be found and fixed. I don't use "Favorites" and have now sworn them off til I read otherwise. Thanks for the share DNJ!

Attachments
Coding Fun.JPG

sx900 code.jpg

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#495215 - 04/21/20 09:33 AM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

maybe next os update will fix it?

#495216 - 04/21/20 09:44 AM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Hopefully. I would imagine if the right folks have been notified, the fix will be a priority. I'm sure critical errors are more important than enhancements. Probably just a small logic error somewhere.

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#495220 - 04/21/20 10:23 AM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Randy,

You must a lot of time on your hands to create that flow chart ha ha. Love it and the cartoon!!

#495223 - 04/21/20 10:32 AM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Steve - HA HA! I have done a lot of time in the programmer trenches, but that particular artwork is not my own. If you had your Genos there at the Villages, you could see if the same problem exists there, but I am guessing the board is in Rhoadie since you have not reported any issues w/the "Big G" like that...

Stay safe over there - saw where a bunch of 'canes landed over in Central Fl over the weekend. Threats coming from all directions! Stay safe Brother Steve!

#495227 - 04/21/20 12:23 PM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Yo Randy, I'm with you brother. I'm staying away from "Favorites" until Yamaha address's this problem.

For now, we can contact Yamaha and let them know, They have a great customer satisfaction history, and if we all voice our concerns, even better

Yamaha Contact Support

And I'm trying to figure out the best phone number to call. Years ago I talked to a Steve Deming. I'm not sure if I got his name correct, or if he's still with Yamaha. But the point is we all need to contact Yamaha and let them know of this problem.

Edited by lahawk (04/24/20 08:21 AM)
Edit Reason: Fixed Link For Yamaha Support

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#495238 - 04/21/20 01:25 PM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: Dnj]
tnicoson Offline

Loc: Chicago area - USA

BUT . . . Once the "BUG" bites you, it takes a system board replacement to fix that. There are 3 or 4 folks over on the PSR Tutorial Forum that will attest to that.

#495250 - 04/21/20 01:55 PM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: lahawk]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Thanks for the email Larry. I sent one today,

#495252 - 04/21/20 02:18 PM Re: SX900 favorites problems? [Re: tnicoson]
saxxman Offline

Originally Posted By tnicoson

BUT . . . Once the "BUG" bites you, it takes a system board replacement to fix that. There are 3 or 4 folks over on the PSR Tutorial Forum that will attest to that.

Tnicoson - can you please put a link to the post where the Favorites problem has resulted in main board replacements? Much appreciated. Sure looks like a software problem which Yamaha usually always addresses via firmware.

Here's a list of the types of problems they fixed via firmware for the Genos - several "Unresponsive" problems have occurred on Genos - has anyone here had board replacements required for their Yamahas?:

***** (Partial) List of Genos Firmware Fixes *****
Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, the indication lamps (MIDI indicator) on the Mixer display would not work.
Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, the current time would not appear on the Home display.
Fixed a problem in which the Registration Memory function would not work properly in some cases.
Fixed a problem in which the Audio Song parameters were not properly saved to Registration Memory in certain situations.
Fixed a problem in which certain Music Finder Record files of Tyros series could not be imported.
Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, the Audio Section of Audio Style would not play back.
Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, an Audio Song longer than 80 minutes would not play correctly.
Fixed a problem in which the instrument would become unresponsive to operations when playing back a specific MIDI Song.
Fixed a problem in which the instrument response would slow down when certain Preset Wallpaper settings were selected.
Fixed a problem in which Initial Touch On/Off settings would not function properly when calling up a specific Registration Memory.
Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, the Registration Freeze function would not work properly.
Fixed a problem in which certain Music Finder Record files of Tyros series could not be imported.
Fixed a problem in which the Panel Sustain parameter seems to have an effect on the Left part because the Panel Sustain can be edited on the Voice Edit display for the Left part.
Fixed a problem in which the instrument would occasionally become unresponsive to operations when executing Search.
Fixed a problem in which the instrument would occasionally become unresponsive to operations when changing the mode of Wireless LAN.
Fixed a problem in which the instrument would become unresponsive to operations when the pop-up window is closed in certain situations.
Fixed a problem in which the instrument would become unresponsive to operations when saving a file in certain situations.
Fixed a problem in which characters would occasionally not be displayed correctly.
Fixed a problem in which the Multi Pad information would not be stored to the OTS of a User Style.
Fixed a problem in which the REGISTRATION MEMORY buttons and REGIST BANK [-]/[+] buttons would not work properly when a particular display was shown.
Fixed a problem in which some parameters were not stored/restored with the System Backup function and Registration Memory function.
Fixed a problem in which the Registration Memory Bank name would not be shown properly on the Home display, when a Bank file of the Tyros series was loaded.
Fixed a problem in which the instrument would occasionally not respond to operations, when certain Registration Memory Bank files of the Tyros series was loaded.
Fixed a problem in which some Playlist Records would occasionally not be loaded when a Playlist file was loaded.
Fixed a problem in which some Preset Voice folders would occasionally not be shown on the Voice Selection display.
Fixed a problem in which noise would occasionally occur when changing the "Organ Rotary Slow/Fast" parameter in some Effect Types.
Fixed a problem in which certain parameters of a MIDI Song could not be recorded properly when re-recording with the MIDI Multi Recording display.
Fixed a problem in which the instrument response would slow down when certain Preset Wallpaper was selected.
Fixed a problem in which the detailed settings of some functions assignable to the Foot Pedals on the Assignable display would not be shown properly in some cases.
Fixed a problem in which the setting of switching between the AUX Out and the Sub 3-4 on the Line Out display would not be restored properly.
Fixed a problem in which Auto Power off would be executed when the Panel Lock function was enabled.
Fixed a problem in which the Factory Reset function on the Utility display would occasionally not work properly.
Fixed a problem in which some parameters were not stored properly to the "MIDI" Setup File when saving the data on the Utility display.
Fixed a problem in which some parameters were not stored properly to the MIDI Setting file when saving the data on the MIDI display.
Fixed a problem in which some assignable Functions on the MIDI External Controller display would not work properly.
Fixed a problem in which wireless LAN connection would not be established in Infrastructure mode, when the password included some special characters.
Fixed a problem in which the lighting of the buttons would occasionally not work properly.
Fixed a problem in which some displays would occasionally not be shown properly.

PS - Scanning the list above, it looks like whoever programmed the "Registration Memory" functions was either a trainee or spending too much time on Facebook and not on the Genos code... Just sayin'

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online