SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49497 - 01/12/06 02:30 PM Send It
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
When opening attachments in emails and going to links why are we suddenly being bombarded with 'Send-It' and all its adds and pop-ups bouncing about the screen? Am I alone in finding this really annoying? (to say the least) particularly one of their comments on the USB facility which I for one, find very useful. At least it is free from all the jargon.

I'll be interested in what other members think of this latest 'gimmick'

Aud (U.K.)

#49498 - 01/12/06 02:46 PM Re: Send It
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Aud ...Is this a UK or Europe problem? ... I haven't experienced it in the USA...
At first I thought it might have had something to do with the "yousendit" file transfer site, but I did a Google on 'Send It' and got some kind of on-line(?) 'market' ...
t.

#49499 - 01/12/06 09:57 PM Re: Send It
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Aud (UK)
I live in the UK and don’t have any of these problems, however I do have Pop up blockers, Anti Spyware, Anti Spam, Ad Blocking, Anti Virus and Firewall programs, and these prevent virtually all of the problems you mention. (The programs are set to check for updates on at least a daily basis)
What I would suggest is clear out all cookies, temporary and history files, and then run the appropriate programs to check for infections. (Particularly Spyware)
Hope this helps.

Bill

#49500 - 01/13/06 12:29 AM Re: Send It
sturgeon Offline

Hi Aud,

If you download, install and run the anti spyware program, Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE (free version) you will be surprised at the amount of stuff it finds!

Cheers,

s.

#49501 - 01/13/06 07:59 AM Re: Send It
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Ad-Ware should do the job. It works great for me and it is free.

Fran in SC

#49502 - 01/13/06 02:34 PM Re: Send It
Audrey Turner Offline

My thanks to all of you who replied. Yes, I do have some of the protection you mention but have to admit, I haven't done a check lately but I'll certainly do it tonight before closing down. Will keep you posted on this.

Thanks again.

Aud (U.K.)

#49503 - 01/14/06 12:21 PM Re: Send It
Audrey Turner Offline

Hi All,

I said I would keep you posted on the suggestion to scan my PC. I did this last night and Spybot found two high alerts and several lower ones. Ad-Aware found over 50 critical alerts and 76 lower ones. Today it took practically all the morning to look at them and I finally deleted the lot as they appeared to be mainly, tracking, cookies and ads.

I was surprised to see I had not scanned the PC since October 2005, just goes to show how important it is to do this regularly doesn't it.

I'm pleased to say "problem solved"

Thanks for the suggestion.

Aud (U.K.)

#49504 - 01/14/06 03:03 PM Re: Send It
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Time flies when you are having fun Aud
I use AD Aware and also my earthlink provider has another one on my computer.
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online