SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#494195 - 04/12/20 12:59 AM I am truly astonished.......
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
For those of you who prefer to hear more of the style, and less of the lead vocal ... here's a Sinatra Stab that I recorded directly to the disk on the SD7

The lyrics are particularly timely ... even today. (hope I got them all correct)
I tried to bury the RH, and the vocal more than I like so you can hear the clarity of the keyboard parts.

https://app.box.com/s/shvs5zfaqq2g8443plq1mbvrkecer7ku

I am using this quote from another thread because it pains me to see that so few have actually commented on the Frank Sinatra song that Dave recorded this week on his SD7 ( see link above).The thread gets carried away by other circumstantial stuff such as the streaming performances, ukeleles etc.etc. but very few have actually commented on his performance here.
I still think that this song and his rendition as well as the use of the SD7 is truly wonderful and would like to emphasize that, hence my new posting. I hope many will concur and if not point out where they think the performance, the vocals or the instrument are lacking.......

regards,
John

#494202 - 04/12/20 05:48 AM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: john smies]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Astonished???? John, in case you hadn't noticed, a global pandemic is in the process of killing hundreds of thousands of people and causing unprecedented hardship, pain, and suffering. Despite Dave's good efforts, I think it's perfectly understandable if it's not everybody's first priority right now. Personally, I'm more surprised that there wasn't more of a response to DonM's PERSONAL plight with his immediate family and the potential VIRUS threat posed to them. Perhaps because it was noted in MY post and therefore ignored by many or for whatever reason, I think it should have garnered more concern....especially on a forum such as this. This is not a reprimand or a minimalization of Dave's work; it's just that at a time like this, we need to keep things in perspective. JMO.

chas

#494203 - 04/12/20 06:02 AM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: cgiles]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Chas,

In this time of suffering and untold hardships it is hard to keep a bit of perspective. Personally with my age and underlying condtions I am very much at risk myself but have been spared so far.

We can go on endlessly about the suffering that is going on all over the world but it won't change anything. I agree that we should take notice and offer support to those of us here on the forum who have been hit or who have relatives who have been subjected to these sufferings and losses. Don knows that I will think of him and his regardlessly...

To keep some perspective of sanity in all this madness all I can do is take refuge with my music. I will post a new video tonight here. In this train of thought I made my remark as to Dave's performance. I would appreciate you seeing it in the right perspective, please.

kind regards
John

#494204 - 04/12/20 06:45 AM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: john smies]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Wow, there is room and need for every bit of it, but why start a negative discussion on my important holiday? What purpose could there be?

It’s my very special day, Easter Sunday,
PLEASE respect what this day means me, John C.

#494212 - 04/12/20 07:43 AM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: bruno123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
chas ... perhaps some of us had the opportunity to speak with Don personally ...

Despite what is going on around us, I wish all a peaceful day ...
Be Safe, Be Well

#494250 - 04/12/20 09:16 AM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: john smies]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I think tensions are high right now, and understandably so, but let's all try to be supportive of each other's feelings, and stay as positive as possible. We're all aware of the surroundings. No one has a different situation anywhere, so let's embrace the friendships we have here, and share some comfort where and whenever needed.
That was nice of you to say John, thanks. I know we're all hurting, in some way, but as keepers of the music we have the power to soothe. I'm busy as a bee taming this SD7, and looking for a buyer so I can upgrade to the SD60 as soon as one is available. My new perspective on this ever changing business has led be back to the Ketron camp for my live performances. Nest time I'm on stage, I'll be behind an SD7, and probably holding my Godin Montreal triple play midi guitar ... with a huge smile on my face. Maybe something like this .... but with sleeves on. lol

Attachments
IMG_0848.jpg

#494251 - 04/12/20 09:19 AM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
+++1

I guess it's sunny in PA ... Suns out, guns out ... grin

#494253 - 04/12/20 09:20 AM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: john smies]
Uncle Dave Offline

Oh yeah, baby.

#494256 - 04/12/20 09:30 AM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
I think tensions are high right now, and understandably so, but let's all try to be supportive of each other's feelings, and stay as positive as possible. We're all aware of the surroundings. No one has a different situation anywhere, so let's embrace the friendships we have here, and share some comfort where and whenever needed.
That was nice of you to say John, thanks. I know we're all hurting, in some way, but as keepers of the music we have the power to soothe. I'm busy as a bee taming this SD7, and looking for a buyer so I can upgrade to the SD60 as soon as one is available. My new perspective on this ever changing business has led be back to the Ketron camp for my live performances. Nest time I'm on stage, I'll be behind an SD7, and probably holding my Godin Montreal triple play midi guitar ... with a huge smile on my face. Maybe something like this .... but with sleeves on. lol

what is NEST TIME?

#494269 - 04/12/20 10:46 AM Re: I am truly astonished....... [Re: john smies]
Uncle Dave Offline

Hee, hee .... typing with the mittens on again, I guess. I'm glad your/you're on duty to catch these things.
rotf2

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online