Edited by Dnj (04/24/20 07:08 AM)

#492979 - 03/27/20 06:21 PM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Hope So...Would love to "OURS" to Frank towards a Genos!....Harold

#492980 - 03/27/20 06:46 PM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I think so, if we don't need it we can help our kids/Gkids that are layed off.

#492993 - 03/28/20 02:24 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The answer is yes,but on a sliding scale if earnings are over a certain amount. The average geezer like me, will get $1200,as will my wife.

#492997 - 03/28/20 04:13 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Bernie9]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Wow, I am in the wrong country for sure! Here in Oz being retired, I get an additional $550 a fortnight for up to 6 months, and we are still not sure if that is per couple or per person. If you are a self employed person and your business was closed by the government due to the current issues. You can go on employment benefits of about $510 plus some minor extras for essentials i.e. electricity . Plus you get the $550 extra as well, but that's it. If you still have some income then you get it pro-rata of the above amount, plus you spouse gets $510 as well per fortnight.

Also, since I am in Tasmania, the southern most state, Just found out ANYONE, wanting to enter the state has to go into an isolation station for two weeks. There are two - one in the north of the state and one in the south. That's even if you have a house or family here to go to.

And if you have a mobile home, that has to sit while you are incarcerated in one of these isolation sites.

Allan taz

#492998 - 03/28/20 04:23 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

cool

Edited by Dnj (04/16/20 11:28 AM)

#493007 - 03/28/20 06:55 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
I'm against the bill that was passed. Without mentioning the pork that was added to the bill, what the heck do retired people need a "stimulus" for? Presumably, they have Social Security and a pension or some form of secured income that they are living from now. And they have not lost that income. I can see it for people that have a provable loss of income due to the virus only. If you are still working in one of the "essential" industries you shouldn't get it. But my biggest objection is that it isn't being paid for to my knowledge. 2 trillion more added to the national debt.

#493008 - 03/28/20 08:17 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
what the heck do retired people need a "stimulus" for? Presumably, they have Social Security and a pension or some form of secured income that they are living from now. And they have not lost that income.

Actually, I agree. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me from a logical point of view. My financial situation hasn't changed as a result of the pandemic. Okay, maybe a couple of extra bucks for home delivery of groceries but probably less than the gas I'd be using if I weren't 'sheltering in place'. JMO.

chas

#493009 - 03/28/20 08:20 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
To be sure,there is waste and pork barrel all over the place. However,due to the urgency,concessions were made on both sides. As to retirees,the Senate allocated $600 per retiree,but Pelosi and the gang jumped it to $1200 plus billions for other social benefits.

To be fair,the Democrats have always been more for the people,while Republicans favor business. Both are now important,but was it necessary in this emergency? The opportunity was there to be seized.

#493014 - 03/28/20 09:17 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
My/our financial situation didn't change at all. And, the larger grocery chains do not charge for delivery if the order is over $35. I need a haircut pretty badly, but Carol can do that, but she will not allow me to cut her hair. HA!

I've had serious thoughts about sending the check back to the government, but with all the waste and pork in the stimulus package, it probably would not make a difference.

This morning on Fox News, I saw where the My Pillow factories have converted over to making face masks, and after just two days, produced 550,000 masks and they are shipping them directly to hospitals and medical facilities. The prevents the price gouging that is currently taking place when they get shipped to a distributor or wholesaler. In many instances, the price doubles between manufacturer and consumer when the product goes through a distributor.

Margaret Thatcher once said "All these free programs are great, at least until you run out of other people's money." She hit the nail on the head!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online