SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49278 - 01/30/00 10:11 AM KN6K manual seq pads
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi
I am curious if the built-in MSP from the KN6K can be saved to a file & "shared"? I would like to hear what they have come up with on the new keyboard. I have a KN5000. If anybody would like to send me the MSP files from the new KN6000 - I'd like to check them out. Thanks!
Tom

#49279 - 01/30/00 04:24 PM Re: KN6K manual seq pads
John Shute Offline

Loc: Berkshire UK
Hi Tom,

I don't think your KN5000 will load KN6000 MSP files or indeed any other files from that keyboard. Before the KN6000 saves files it compresses them in a way that only the KN6000 can restore. Compression improves loading speeds but because Technics are keeping the process secret all Technics format files are effectively strongly encrypted and no software is available to unscramble them.
So unfortunately KN6000 users are isolated and cannot share their files with you, only among themselves.

#49280 - 01/31/00 10:00 AM Re: KN6K manual seq pads
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi John
Wow... thanks for the reply. I think it's pretty poor of Technics to use some new encrypted files on the KN6! I appreciate them trying to make the files load faster, but part of the joy of these keyboards is being able to share things with other users - and not feeling that you'll be left out. Anyway, I can see why they do it but just don't appreciate it. Another reason to hang onto my KN5K.
Tom

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online