SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#492663 - 03/25/20 08:54 AM Texas politics
Bachus Offline

According to Dan Patrick (lieutenant governor of Texas)on Fox news, older Americans are prepared to die to save the American econnomy from a Corona crisis?

So how do older Americans feel about this?

Overhere in Holland we clearly set economics in the stable and put ou4 shoulders under our healthcare system.. nobody here understands things like this...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#492664 - 03/25/20 08:57 AM Re: Texas politics [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Sorry, i should have posted this in “the bar” forum..
Butbin general only post here, realized me to late that i dont think this board is aplace for p9litical discussions
So is there a way to move this discussion there?

#492665 - 03/25/20 09:03 AM Re: Texas politics [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bachus I think at the very least you can edit or delete
your own posts.

#492699 - 03/25/20 01:53 PM Re: Texas politics [Re: tony mads usa]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Bachus I think at the very least you can edit or delete
your own posts.

Well, to be honest, removing the post feels like saying it didnt happen
But the sad truth is it did happen.
Which mostly tells me that there are many more sick people in our world then just corona patients..

And i did some more research, there are more people asking to stop anti corna measurements because it hurts the Economy (which could also be translated, it will cost them and their rich friends money)

No, i would prefer if Nigel moved the topic to the pub. I dont want to think people this isnt happening..

#492704 - 03/25/20 03:20 PM Re: Texas politics [Re: Bachus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Bachus
I dont want to think people this isnt happening..

And I certainly don't want that to happen either ...

#492706 - 03/25/20 03:27 PM Re: Texas politics [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
In all fairness, he didn't say seniors were prepared to die, he said HE was prepared to die.
He is known for being quite a renegade and doesn't represent the way most of us feel, regardless of political affiliation.
His argument was that more people will die from a world-wide depression than from the virus. He obviously overlooked that such a depression is far from a reality, more a very remote possibility.
Much is being done by people around the world to develop treatment and prevention drugs and the restrictions in place will slow the spread of the virus until these projects are realized.

#492716 - 03/25/20 03:50 PM Re: Texas politics [Re: Bachus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#492736 - 03/25/20 06:43 PM Re: Texas politics [Re: Bachus]
Crossover Offline

Unfortunately, there are some people who don‘t care very much about the elderly and younger people with medical risks.
There‘s an Austrian psychiatrist whose Youtube videos about Austrian psychologists I found quite interesting, but now I‘m shocked as he thinks countries are in danger of turning into totalitarian systems due to the shutdowns, curfews etc., and he shows no insight that society should temporarily sacrifice a part of their freedom and normal life in order to protect the risk groups.
There seems to be quite a number of people who say there‘s no problem with someone dying from Corona who statistically would die within the next years anyway. I am really shocked about the moral of some people...

#492738 - 03/25/20 07:48 PM Re: Texas politics [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
to me, IF us oldies and people with medical problems , are the only reason for having to shut everything down all over the world, then maybe we need to be isolated and “ looked after “ till they find a solution to the problem.

I for one would be happier knowing my sons still have their jobs, that they won’t lose their homes because they can’t pay their mortgages , their kids can go to school etc etc.on the off chance I might get corona virus.

I’d be happy to make the sacrifice of spending the next 3 to 6 months at home, provided I had food , medicine etc to keep me going.

I get tired of hearing 80% to 90% are only going to get it mildly but we have turn the world upside down for the ones who are vulnerable.

Yes there’s a lot of selfish young people out there, but probably a lot of old selfish ones too.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#492739 - 03/25/20 08:28 PM Re: Texas politics [Re: Bachus]
zuki Offline

Rikki,

Good point. The elderly should stay put and maybe it'll come to that. My thought is for the infants and little ones that are susceptible too. I thought they were high risk also, but haven't heard much about that lately.

Edited by zuki (03/25/20 08:28 PM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online