SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#491670 - 03/16/20 03:47 AM Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Edited by rikkisbears (03/16/20 03:53 AM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491677 - 03/16/20 06:07 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
zuki Offline

Sure hope so Rikki. My daughter (RN), says the emergency rooms are packed with paranoid people coming in. They can't keep up with the flow (Christ Hospital). She has had one case so far.

Edited by zuki (03/16/20 06:08 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#491678 - 03/16/20 06:26 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: zuki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
We will pray that it works Rikki, and that the scientists in other countries are successful as well ...

#491679 - 03/16/20 06:38 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

🙏

#491682 - 03/16/20 06:52 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Thing is, once you get it and then get over it, (Most just have flu type symptoms) you are automatically immune to it in the future as the body has learnt how to counteract it.
The main problem is those that have underlying conditions or the elderly where the body does not have the capability to fight it and thus become immune.

Bill

#491720 - 03/16/20 11:57 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Just a question:

That being the case,might there be some anti-bodies produced to lessen the severity?

#491723 - 03/16/20 12:14 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: zuki]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
Sure hope so Rikki. My daughter (RN), says the emergency rooms are packed with paranoid people coming in. They can't keep up with the flow (Christ Hospital). She has had one case so far.

Hi Zuki,
It appears hysteria has taken over.
Couldn’t believe my ears the other day, my son was up for my birthday.
The country is setting up with pop up clinics all over the place, for people to be able to get tested, his comment was, wish I could get tested.
He’s in his mid 40’s, healthy as a horse, no sign of any illness whatsoever, and he’d be happy to spend precious resources getting tested.

????

Really have to wonder what’s gone wrong with people, hoarding, getting unnecessary tests done when there’s nothing wrong with them and they have absolutely no reason to suspect that they could have it.

Leaves the vunerable , even more vunverable.

One of the big supermarket chains has announced shopping for the “elderly and disabled only “ between 7 am and 8 am to try and give them a chance to try and pick up some stuff that they need without being jostled by the crazy hoards. Even handing out care packages of essentials. Must be so frightening for the ones who don’t have family.

No doubt the rest will follow.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491725 - 03/16/20 12:29 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Just a question:

That being the case,might there be some anti-bodies produced to of a plessen the severity?

Hi Bernie,
I haven’t had a chance to read all the articles, I was just in bed ready to go to sleep when this guy popped up on an interview.

In a nutshell, he was talking about being able to use drugs that are already approved for use for other diseases, so not having to wait for trial testing of a NEW drug, which could take, goodness knows how long months ? years?
The drugs he’s planning to use are already in use for other diseases, Igather mainly testing to see which combination of existing drugs works the best.
Also not testing on people with just minor symptoms who are going to get over it anyway, but on people who are going to get seriously ill ie try and step in before they get so ill that they need respirators etc.

These are apparently all pills, so he was talking about even your doctors maybe being able to hand them out.

Let’s just all pray this eventuates, and the world starts getting back to normal.

There’s a heap more articles, I just quickly looked up a couple and posted the links.

Edited by rikkisbears (03/16/20 12:30 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491729 - 03/16/20 01:32 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears

I have seen German, Dutch and Chineese companies claiming the same this week.

Top of the bill, Donald Trump trying to buy the German company that claims to have a cure

http://keyszone.boards.net

#491730 - 03/16/20 01:47 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Bachus]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

I have seen German, Dutch and Chineese companies claiming the same this week.

Top of the bill, Donald Trump trying to buy the German company that claims to have a cure

We discussed that in another thread already. Meanwhile the company has declared they won’t accept any offer that limits the license of the vaccine to the US.

Edited by Crossover (03/16/20 03:34 PM)

#491747 - 03/16/20 04:31 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Of course, you realize that no medical professional would order a test for someone that is not symptomatic. Not only does this not make sense, but additionally, the test would probably not be covered by their medical insurance. Some one said Trump should have been tested right away, despite the fact that he has not shown any symptoms whatsoever, even after weeks passes since he was in the same room with someone that came down with the virus. This would be akin to having a cardiac cath because you are over 70 years old, but show no symptoms of heart disease - makes absolutely no sense at all. The president's physician is rated as one of the top docs in the nation - he knows what he is doing.

As for the disease ramping up at an exponential rate, this is pretty much true with nearly all communicable diseases, but soon after reaching their peak, they tend to plummet until they pretty much go away, often because of the natural immune defenses developed within the human body after exposure. No one, at this time, knows when the disease will peak, no one can possibly prepare for a disease that has never occurred in the past, but each and every person can do their best, at all times, to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. Personal hygiene goes a long way in this, but other things such as distancing yourself from individuals that display symptoms, such as coughing, sneezing, runny nose, runny eyes, etc... can have a dramatic impact. It's just good common sense!

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#491751 - 03/16/20 05:25 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Gary,
If that was in response to my post, they are testing this treatment on patients who have already got it and need to be in hospital.
Not the ones that will get over it without having to be hospitalised and just have to self isolate for a period.

Put it this way ,that is what the professor was saying in the interview, hopefully the papers haven’t put their own spin on it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491752 - 03/16/20 06:12 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

#491763 - 03/16/20 10:15 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I got a harbinger of things to come when, years ago, the government cut cultural and music concert budgets to the states and local towns in order to save money on "unnecessary expenditures." I remember thinking that is the first sign of a country in decline. The Arts should be the "last" thing to go.

I was reminded again tonight watching a documentary on "America Over the Centuries." They focused on The Great Depression followed by our entry into WWII. The accompanying comment sobered me up all over again. "Americans got through these trying times through the abundance of live music everywhere you turned. It was a necessary element to lift their spirits and keep them lifted."

Seems they had more sense in those days. You couldn't even win a war without music. If someone with any horse sense was in charge of this present fiasco, the first thing they should give back to the people, after removing them from most social outlets, is....MUSIC!

#491765 - 03/16/20 11:53 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Of course, you realize that no medical professional would order a test for someone that is not symptomatic. Not only does this not make sense, but additionally, the test would probably not be covered by their medical insurance. Some one said Trump should have been tested right away, despite the fact that he has not shown any symptoms whatsoever, even after weeks passes since he was in the same room with someone that came down with the virus. This would be akin to having a cardiac cath because you are over 70 years old, but show no symptoms of heart disease - makes absolutely no sense at all. The president's physician is rated as one of the top docs in the nation - he knows what he is doing.

As for the disease ramping up at an exponential rate, this is pretty much true with nearly all communicable diseases, but soon after reaching their peak, they tend to plummet until they pretty much go away, often because of the natural immune defenses developed within the human body after exposure. No one, at this time, knows when the disease will peak, no one can possibly prepare for a disease that has never occurred in the past, but each and every person can do their best, at all times, to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. Personal hygiene goes a long way in this, but other things such as distancing yourself from individuals that display symptoms, such as coughing, sneezing, runny nose, runny eyes, etc... can have a dramatic impact. It's just good common sense!

Cheers,

Gary cool

All prevention we do in Holand is aimed to keep that peek as low as possible.. because when we let it grow wildly, we know we will not have enough hospital beds and equipment to treat all those people with these specific breathing complaints..

This means the periode in which people get sick will last longer.. but its estimated that in total 40% of the people will get sick... its an airborne virus, we can not contain that as long as there is any contact between people..

#491767 - 03/17/20 12:12 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
despite the fact that he has not shown any symptoms whatsoever, even after weeks passes since he was in the same room with someone that came down with the virus. This would be akin to having a cardiac cath because you are over 70 years old, but show no symptoms of heart disease - makes absolutely no sense at all. The president's physician is rated as one of the top docs in the nation - he knows what he is doing.

A pity his patient doesn't have a clue. His administration shut down the office of pandemic disease. Sort of very unfortunate timing don't ya think? And the contact with a confirmed positive case was only over a week ago not weeks like you say. And as the incubation period is around 14 days anyone in this situation would have to be an idiot to not confirm they were clear rather than going ahead and making contact with many people without knowing. This is how the Utah Jazz player was identified despite having no symptoms himself. So don't tell me people that are high risk shouldn't be tested even when they have no symptoms. Don't forget Trump first said the pandemic was fake news. Such a dumbass. But he insists on demonstrating that over and over.

#491776 - 03/17/20 05:47 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
At least in UK We have a Prime-Minister with some sense.
People complain that the UK is not taking enough measures, but I think they have it right.

#491779 - 03/17/20 06:47 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

7 Coronavirus Myths You Need to Stop Believing,
According to Doctors..

https://bestlifeonline.com/coronavirus-myths/

Edited by Dnj (03/17/20 07:02 AM)

#491780 - 03/17/20 06:56 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Yes, you do want to test folks with no symptoms. Because you are infected AND shedding virus BEFORE symptoms. People need to stay home EVERYWHERE. But they don't want to...so we will have more outbreak than needed because of it. This not staying home is especially bad with the young, there never home (my kids are a good example). Most everything is closing now, that will help.

This stuff is not just in the air...you have to be specifically exposed to the droplets....outside activity mostly on your own is fine....I fly RC planes....we go out to the field , just a few at a time...all spread out, no touching, and fly in sunshine....pretty safe....

#491781 - 03/17/20 07:20 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Graham UK]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Graham UK
People complain that the UK is not taking enough measures, but I think they have it right.

You will regret it...

#491785 - 03/17/20 08:14 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Crossover]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By Crossover

You will regret it...

No doubt you are following your unelected overpaid EU masters that could not organise booze up in a brewery.
Unlike a lot of other countries the UK does not panic, just knuckles down to get things done, see you on the other side.

Bill

#491788 - 03/17/20 08:39 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: abacus]
tony mads usa Offline

Speaking of "booze up in a brewery", how about we take the politics to "The Bar" ... that's why Nigel created it ...
http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/35/1/The_Bar

#491791 - 03/17/20 09:11 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: abacus]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Originally Posted By Crossover

You will regret it...

No doubt you are following your unelected overpaid EU masters that could not organise booze up in a brewery.
Unlike a lot of other countries the UK does not panic, just knuckles down to get things done, see you on the other side.

Bill

Measures have been taken on a national level, not by Brussels.
It‘s amazing how some people stay short-sighted despite conditions nearby in Italy. But have fun with your independence and exploding numbers, we‘ve closed most borders, which really seems to be necessary if others think full soccer stadiums are good for building up immunity of the population.
You see, this is not only your business: if one country acts stupidly, it creates severe external effects for all countries that have travel connections. I‘ve read what British epidemiologists have said about Boris Johnson‘s ideas.
(Regarding „the Bar“: This thread was about Corona. Nigel can shift it; as long as it‘s here, I‘ll answer here.)

P.S.: You‘ve got 6.6 intensive care beds per 100,000 inhabitants in the UK. A very poor number. Don‘t complain in May...

Edited by Crossover (03/17/20 09:47 AM)

#491796 - 03/17/20 09:36 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
According to the CDC, the incubation period for this disease is 5.1 days - not 14. Additionally, the test would not be positive until the patient displayed symptoms, according to WHO. The test involves swabbing the inside of the nasal cavity to determine the presence of specific antibodies. When I worked in Thoracic Surgery I was tested weekly using the same technique for Hospital Staphylococcus. The test required 48 hours of incubation in the lab for results.

Now, I don't know if or why the president decided to close the Pandemic Agency - or if that was his call. But there are so many agencies in the US Government that are duplicates I suspect this may have been the reason - just no way to verify this.

Lee, the ultraviolet rays of the sun does wonders for killing many diseases, hence the use of ultraviolet lights at the entrances of many medical institutions. Getting out in the sunshine is a good thing, and I do this as much as possible, even just to sit on a deck chair in sunshine and enjoy the warmth of old sol. Spring is in the air here in Maryland, robins cover my lawn daily, daffodils are in bloom as are crocus. I love this time of year! smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#491798 - 03/17/20 10:17 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Nigel shifted it...of course that's his call....but I was hoping politics could stay out of this virus issue.....

#491800 - 03/17/20 10:27 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Graham UK]
Bachus Offline

We totally disagree about that here in Holland and Germany

Only time will tell..
who is right..

But overhere they predict major dissaster in the UK..
A dissaster in hospitals and medical people not being able to handle the first peek of the pandemic, leading to unneccesary deaths..

Overhere in Holland there is no panic..
Just taking it a step at a time..

Edited by Bachus (03/17/20 10:29 AM)

#491810 - 03/17/20 11:56 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
To "Walk Softly And Carry A Big Stick" seems sensible as long as the stick is big enough.

Bernie

#491813 - 03/17/20 12:28 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Graham UK]
rikkisbears Offline

We tend to forget our politicians are only human too. He is no doubt doing what he thinks is best for his country.
Who currently would want to walk a mile in their shoes, dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491823 - 03/17/20 01:13 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

A Nurse friend just sent me this... Please read...

"I can't even begin to tell you how many patients are coming to the ER requesting COVID-19 testing that have little or no symptoms or proven exposure. If you really believe you could have it, stay home and self quarantine. Even if you DO have symptoms, you do NOT need testing or Emergency Room care unless your symptoms are severe and you are in significant distress! We simply do not have the resources to test or treat everyone. Masks are literally under lock and key and being rationed to healthcare providers!! We are short on gowns, goggles, hepa filters, and isolation rooms! You are endangering so many other citizens and staff members when you come to the ER for your completely manageable 102°F temperature or because you work with someone who knows someone who 'definitely has it.' STAY HOME UNLESS YOU ARE IN DISTRESS. If you ARE in distress, call 911 or call ahead to your local ER and seek immediate treatment. We know this is scary. We get it! Abusing the system is not helping the situation. Please be mindful of your community and your healthcare providers."

#491828 - 03/17/20 02:15 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
tony mads usa Offline

We tend to forget our politicians are only human too. He is no doubt doing what he thinks is best for his country.
Who currently would want to walk a mile in their shoes, dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t.

Great post, Rikki ... We can all pontificate as to 'what should be done' or 'what WE would do', but firstly, do we have all the facts?!? ... do WE really know what's best???
I doubt it ...

#491830 - 03/17/20 02:42 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
A Nurse friend just sent me this... Please read...

"I can't even begin to tell you how many patients are coming to the ER requesting COVID-19 testing that have little or no symptoms or proven exposure. If you really believe you could have it, stay home and self quarantine. Even if you DO have symptoms, you do NOT need testing or Emergency Room care unless your symptoms are severe and you are in significant distress! We simply do not have the resources to test or treat everyone. Masks are literally under lock and key and being rationed to healthcare providers!! We are short on gowns, goggles, hepa filters, and isolation rooms! You are endangering so many other citizens and staff members when you come to the ER for your completely manageable 102°F temperature or because you work with someone who knows someone who 'definitely has it.' STAY HOME UNLESS YOU ARE IN DISTRESS. If you ARE in distress, call 911 or call ahead to your local ER and seek immediate treatment. We know this is scary. We get it! Abusing the system is not helping the situation. Please be mindful of your community and your healthcare providers."

Hi ,
Last place I would want to be is in an emergency room especially if I wasn’t sure ,
“do I feel sick ? or don’t I ? “
I think you’d know it if you had a temperature of a 110, coughing your lungs out and unable to breath.
No doubt someone in that room could have it, and, after they’ve coughed all over you, chances are, you might actually get it too,
Gee whiz, you haven’t wasted your trip to ER after all, you can now join the ranks of those , with it.
Might have made more sense to stay at home and self isolate if not sure, and call an ambulance if things get bad.

Really can’t believe people are so STUPID.

Donny, I feel so sorry for these health workers who have to deal with this .

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491843 - 03/17/20 03:57 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: leeboy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By leeboy
Nigel shifted it...of course that's his call....but I was hoping politics could stay out of this virus issue.....

Wrong Lee. You didn't read what I responded to. It had already moved there.

#491852 - 03/17/20 06:58 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Personally I appreciate this going to the bar. Quite frankly most of what I've been reading has been pure nonsense.

#491944 - 03/18/20 05:19 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Crossover Offline

There's a nice example illustrating the danger of exponential growth:
The amount of algae in a lake starts at a tiny amount and doubles each day until the complete lake is covered 30 days later.
This would mean that on the 25th day the amount of algae is still so small that an observer would probably see no problem.
On the 29th day, half of the lake would be covered.
It is a good parallel to the behavior of the Corona infection curve until 50% of the population are infected.

https://tasks.illustrativemathematics.org/content-standards/tasks/533

#492091 - 03/19/20 07:41 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Crossover Offline

The US is officially catching up with Germany... (of course not taking the difference in dark figures into account)

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Edited by Crossover (03/19/20 07:46 PM)

#492445 - 03/22/20 12:15 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Crossover Offline

Some meditative ways to deal with the pandemia: Eckhart Tolle and Deepak Chopra

#492446 - 03/22/20 12:16 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Crossover Offline

#492533 - 03/23/20 11:52 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Crossover]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks, Rachael. Pretty deep thoughts coming from my favorite "kid".

Always well thought out comments on pertinent issues.

D.O.D.
(Dear Old Dad).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online