SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#491594 - 03/15/20 06:52 AM "Strings and Keys " - John Smies
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

In these trying times we might find some comfort in one of our main hobbies. Over the last six weeks I have been working on a new CD.
(Note : not in any way commercially available and only recorded for friends, family and musical acquiantances). As I tend to include all of you among that last category below several links to either listen or/and download my latest efforts.
A word of explanation. Contrary to many of my previous efforts I have only recorded one song with full arranger keyboard, using the Ketron SD7. The remainder of the 15 songs have been recorded either with piano or guitar in the basis, added with extra vocals and some solo instruments. Those have mainly been played on the Ketron as well.
You can listen/download all via BOX:
(note that they often appear in reversed order whereas it is kind of important to go from 01,02,03 etc.):
https://app.box.com/s/88n93a4t1yemzyrsliqjqom5c1qscjat

You can also download the full album here, covers included:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a28ddec...15133227/2f3e56

Looking forward to your comments and constructive criticism,
Enjoy !!

regards,
John

#491595 - 03/15/20 07:30 AM Re: "Strings and Keys " - John Smies [Re: john smies]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Congratulations John an a such a huge undertaking. A labor of love, I’m sure, but endless hours of work for sure! Thank you for sharing with us!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#491604 - 03/15/20 08:16 AM Re: "Strings and Keys " - John Smies [Re: john smies]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Congrats John! Lots of nice music with great vocals, playing, and mixing! I know this is a huge effort - so congrats and thanks for posting the link - wonderful job!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#491684 - 03/16/20 06:55 AM Re: "Strings and Keys " - John Smies [Re: saxxman]
john smies Offline

Thank you Paul and Randy.

Don't think that 150 views here mean that the CD has been downloaded 150 times, but still there is a marked absence of any comments which is a shame really. I would like to learn from those who did bother to download and listen as to which songs they liked and the overall impression they got from it.

Regards
John

#491694 - 03/16/20 09:14 AM Re: "Strings and Keys " - John Smies [Re: john smies]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I understand your sentiment completely, John. That is why I seldom post my work, because I often feel like “ why bother” . Maybe everyone is preoccupied by the virus? Let’s hope in due time others will have the courtesy to listen and comment . Once again, thanks for your efforts.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#491695 - 03/16/20 09:24 AM Re: "Strings and Keys " - John Smies [Re: john smies]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have downloaded, but too much going on to give it the proper attention. But rest assured that I will, and I do enjoy hearing everyone's music.

#491696 - 03/16/20 09:24 AM Re: "Strings and Keys " - John Smies [Re: montunoman]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I listened to a few songs. So far sounds very well done and professional. Good use of harmonies (liked "Walk in the Room). Sd7 sounds good, guitar work very studio like, not overdone. More to listen to..

#491698 - 03/16/20 09:31 AM Re: "Strings and Keys " - John Smies [Re: john smies]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
John - I have definitely enjoyed the cuts I listened to so far! I'm sure the virus mess (and believe me it's getting very scary whether the threat is serious or not) is contributing a lot to the absence of participation. Thanks again for posting, keep the faith, and stay safe!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#491700 - 03/16/20 09:42 AM Re: "Strings and Keys " - John Smies [Re: saxxman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
John, I have had, and continue to have other issues that are a priority ... in due time I will get to listen and comment, as I most often do ...
But I understand the feeling, as I have often posted something with little response ...

#491728 - 03/16/20 01:23 PM Re: "Strings and Keys " - John Smies [Re: tony mads usa]
john smies Offline

thank you all guys for butting in here (again)...

I am sure you will get back to it after having listened to it in its entity and that others will follow suit. Like I said on the outset of this thread these are very, very trying times and I can well imagine there being other priorities than listening to yet another CD however well-meant. I have opted not to enter the Corona threads here for various reasons and hope to stick to it.
Rest assured I am extremely aware how dire the situation is and how much more it will even deteriorate, as such I am clinging to my music more than ever...Time galore, wish I could say the same for my health and anyone's health at that.Nonetheless making this album has been a delight ( and hard work) all the more so as I love playing the piano as well as the guitar but most of all I love singing !!!

regards,
John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online