SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >
Topic Options
#491349 - 03/11/20 08:16 AM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Crossover]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
All St. Patrick's day events have been cancelled. Berea College has shut down for the semester.

Russ

#491350 - 03/11/20 08:23 AM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I Just got my first 2 cancellations for March - I expect more will follow. Some of the places are
requiring a temperature check on arrival.

Deane

#491354 - 03/11/20 08:50 AM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Definitely difficult times we are in. When people are hoarding toilet paper, you know there is panic. Went to visit someone in a NH 2 days ago and the wife and I had to be interviewed and get passes. Smart decisions on their part, but I am hearing that you can have it for a week, not know it, and still be contagious.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#491357 - 03/11/20 10:42 AM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: saxxman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have my annual check-up for my knees on Thursday ... got a call today saying if I have a cough or otherwise don't feel well to call and reschedule ...

One of the things I don't understand is that our Governor has suggested the cancellation on all events that will have more than 100 people ... so an event with 99 people id safe, but 101 people is not ?!? ... confused1

#491358 - 03/11/20 10:55 AM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
What I find amazing is that more than 10,000 people just returned home from the Conservative Political Action Conference, one person there tested positive for Carona Virus, yet no one other than that person has become ill.

Ironically, the old press moto "If it bleeds -it leads" is still going strong. Nearly every channel on TV is beating on this drum 24/7 and now you cannot purchase hand wipes on Amazon or in the grocery stores - they're sold out! Kinda like the weather forecast when the forecaster calls for snow. Yep, gotta stock up in bread, milk and toilet paper before that snow hits. Snow must make people poop more than usual. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#491362 - 03/11/20 12:24 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: tony mads usa]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
I have my annual check-up for my knees on Thursday ... got a call today saying if I have a cough or otherwise don't feel well to call and reschedule ...

One of the things I don't understand is that our Governor has suggested the cancellation on all events that will have more than 100 people ... so an event with 99 people id safe, but 101 people is not ?!? ... confused1

Same here, the minister of health has advised all events over 1,000 people to be cancelled, below 1,000 it‘s up to the organizer - of course it‘s an arbitrary number, but I guess they have to state a limit somewhere...

#491364 - 03/11/20 12:56 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Crossover]
tony mads usa Offline

What they are saying is "we don't trust you to make a sensible decision, so we are going to set some regulations" ...
Here in RI, a City Council voted to not cancel the St. Patrick's day parade ... Some people were saying they made the wrong decision ... one councilman said "It's easy, if you have concerns, don't go to the parade" ...

#491366 - 03/11/20 01:59 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
What they are saying is "we don't trust you to make a sensible decision, so we are going to set some regulations" ...
Here in RI, a City Council voted to not cancel the St. Patrick's day parade ... Some people were saying they made the wrong decision ... one councilman said "It's easy, if you have concerns, don't go to the parade" ...

Tony as a Rhode Islander I felt they made the right decision having the parade. Now I understand that decision has been reversed and it’s canceled? Is that true?

#491372 - 03/11/20 02:30 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
New York City cancelled theirs today. Not sure about Lil Ole Rhody, though.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#491376 - 03/11/20 02:56 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Tony as a Rhode Islander I felt they made the right decision having the parade. Now I understand that decision has been reversed and it’s canceled? Is that true?

Steve, Apparently you saw that news before I did, and it's true ... pressure from the Gov. who wants to appear squeaky clean before she exits RI and tries the national political scene ...

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online