SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >
Topic Options
#491303 - 03/10/20 12:58 PM First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I'm a bit shocked but not surprised and hesitate to even bring it up but....

Two AL facilities and one party at a large hotel for a group of doctors so far. I suppose we will see most or all NH type gigs go away for awhile.

Speechless.

Scott

#491305 - 03/10/20 01:33 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I just had one cancel. One resident came down with flu like symptoms,and before they knew,they were nearly all sick. I miss my hugs and handshakes,but I guess that is the way it will be for a while.

#491306 - 03/10/20 01:49 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
Beakybird Offline

I've had over a dozen cancellations in two days. I'm going to have to start busking. Maybe selling body parts if no one throws me any coins. frown

#491307 - 03/10/20 01:54 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Beakybird]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Canceled so far is a photography trip to Italy and a three day gig at a Jazz festival in Brazil. The Country club where I work 4-6 nights a week is contemplating shutting down. So far, 6 cases have been identified in Kentucky. 4 are in a hospital a mile from my office.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Russ

#491308 - 03/10/20 02:07 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Nothing canceled yet, but two are requiring signing forms at the front desk with health questions. I expect some to go under quarantine.
Ed

#491309 - 03/10/20 02:08 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
The news isn't helping as usual...they are fueling panic...even hording toilet paper is happening now...

#491310 - 03/10/20 02:09 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
The news isn't helping as usual...they are fueling panic...even hording toilet paper is happening now...

#491311 - 03/10/20 02:31 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: leeboy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By leeboy

+1 Lee you must have just seen that story on WESH-TV we did too. Here in The Villages people are so panicked they have been stealing hand sanitizer from the rest rooms and other public places.

I echo Tony’s comments that are in the next post.

How many people died from the flu in 2019?
So far, 14,000 people have died and 250,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.Feb 14, 2020

Edited by Stephenm52 (03/10/20 02:34 PM)

#491312 - 03/10/20 02:31 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: leeboy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
And there are more people dying from the flu every day ...
One state governor declares a state of emergency, and all the rest have to follow ...

OK, I understand the run on hand sanitizers and face masks, but TOILET PAPER?!? confused1
Is that in case stores shut down?

#491314 - 03/10/20 02:58 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Isn't it amazing how the media hype goes absolutely nuts trying to instill fear in people with something they know the average person has absolutely no control over the situation. When I was working in the media world, the old saying was "If it bleeds - it leads."

Keep in mind that over my lifespan there have been far more infections diseases that got little of no press coverage to speak of. For example, there is nothing more contagious than TB, and Baltimore held the title of have the highest rate of TB than anyplace on the planet back in the 1960s when I was first married and working in the medical field. Once a week, I traveled to one of Baltimore's TB Sanitariums to draw blood and do blood gas analysis on TB Patients in Mount Wilson Hospital. The mortality rate at that time was horrendous, patients spend on average at lest a year in the hospital and some, including one of my aunts, spent 2 years there. She managed to survive.

When I went to draw blood at Mount Wilson, I wore a scrub suit, gloves, special mask, hat, booties, gown and changed gloves between each and every patient contact. After doing all the bloodwork, I then went into a decontamination room, stripped down, took a hot shower and all my work clothes were bagged and incinerated. Then I walked into another room where my street clothes were in a locker with an ultra-violet light inside it. Yes, TB is that contagious.

Keep in mind that in the history of this nation we have lived through yellow fever, typhoid, TB, swine flu, mad cow disease, Ebola virus, you name it, it has been here, and for the most part, managed to survive pretty much unscathed. Eventually, someone comes up with a vaccine and the virus is pretty much eliminated until it morphs into a new and more deadly virus.

Nursing homes in my part of the world usually close for a couple weeks every year, mainly because of another highly contagious disease - C-Diff. C-Differential is a highly contagious infection of the colon that kills thousands of elderly people ever year. It is very, very contagious, most people that contract this disease are placed in isolation rooms where they go through the most horrendous bout of dysentery for up to a month, loose enormous amounts of weight and dehydrate. It's a horrendous disease - I should know, I've been through it. I had enough music jobs though that loosing one or two a month just didn't amount to a hill of beans.

This virus is contagious, but not nearly as contagious as others we've experienced. Just use a common sense approach, wash your hands and face frequently, and stay away from individuals that have symptoms of a URI and you will likely go unscathed with this one as well.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online