SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#491074 - 03/05/20 01:38 PM Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary.
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary.

From a playing point of view important things required for myself are Keybed Feel, After-Touch & Good Quality Buttons.

I did look at the SX900 & 700 but in comparison with the T5-76 it did not stand up quality wise with its Key-Bed, Rubber Buttons and General Construction. ( Korg have always been good on this score).

T5 Key-Bed is very good, good quality Buttons and overall construction good,
I'm very pleased with the purchase which was less price than the SX900.

It's been a few months since purchasing a very clean the Tyros 5-76.
I previously had a T2 for 12 years so the transition to the T5 was relatively easy after understanding Organ World & Ensemble.
Most of the Styles from Genos & SX900 play well after eliminating the Revo Drums with Revo-Drum-Cleaner.
My T5 After a number of tweaks EQ & CMP (Compression) plus DSB on right hand voices, this board is now sounding very sweet.

All Styles are adjusted Volumes & Effects wise before saving for selected songs,
I have 3 banks of Registrations and these are saved purely with voices only, no styles, these are my favourite voices for playing with any selected style .

T5 Twinset...I use NP30 as Lower Board which triggers the T5 Acc's & Styles.

#491092 - 03/05/20 07:25 PM Re: Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary. [Re: Graham UK]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
How do you have the MIDI connection from the NP30 to T5?
Does it have real MIDI connection or USB through a PC?
Thanks,
Lee

#491098 - 03/05/20 11:07 PM Re: Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary. [Re: Graham UK]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I have a question too Graham... are you using Yamaha's companion TRS-MS05 speaker set? If not, what kind of monitors? Thanks!

#491102 - 03/06/20 01:53 AM Re: Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary. [Re: leeboy]
Graham UK Offline

Lee S. HOPE THIS HELPS ? I Wrote this when I had T2 but T5 will be basically the same.

Setting up Tyros to NP30 or any other lower board as a Twinset.
As a number of players now adding a lower keyboard, I thought I would again provide Instructions.

TWINSET. Tyros 2 + NP30 Midi Setup but Other models Tyros the midi setup I assume is similar.

T2. Function \ Split points. Set Split Points R1 & R2 to C1.(last key left) R3 to C1#. Beware that previous made Registrations saved will alter this.

NP30 Midi Out to T2 Midi In. Only one lead required.

T2. Function \ Midi \ Press Edit.
Page to Receive....Set CH1 change from Song to LEFT. NP30 now play T2 Left Voices.
Page to Chord detect….Tick CH1.

Volume Control of NP30 is turned OFF as it's acting only as a dummy to trigger T2 Chords \ Styles \ Voices.

I play NP30 chords around middle C (OrganStyle) so the left voice TUNING requires setting Minus 1 octave….Easy way to do this is when switching on the NP30….Whilst Holding down the NP30 Grand Piano Voice Button…Press C above middle C. This will transpose the NP30 up 1 Octave so you can now play left hand chords around middle C this will play the T2 Left Voice at correct Octave.

Note The Left Hand Voice ON-OFF Button of the T2 does not work in this setup…..If you want to play with the T2 Left voice ON from the NP30 to Tyros do the following.
Make a User Midi Template by going to Function \ Midi. Save As (name ?) Suggest Name as LOWER ON into USER. Lower ON is because we previously changed the CH1 from Song to LEFT.

Page to Receive....Set CH1 change back to SONG.
The Midi Template settings above I did another Template Changing RECEIVE CH1 to SONG and Saved As LOWER OFF into USER. This enables you to switch off T2 left voice if not required as on the T2 left voice switch does operate on this setup.

Instructions are far easier to do than put into Print but the above should get you started.

Graham UK.

PS. Richard Bower (Yamaha Demonstrator) did an excellent article for Twinset in an early Yamaha Club Magazine.

Edited by Graham UK (03/06/20 02:02 AM)

#491103 - 03/06/20 01:58 AM Re: Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary. [Re: TedS]
Graham UK Offline

TedS I do have the TRS-MS05 but they are not good enough to show the strength of the T5. Even Logitech Z623 are better.

Just a personal thing...I use good headphones as I like that direct sound without the added room acoustics.
Never got round to buying Pro-Monitors.

#491110 - 03/06/20 05:48 AM Re: Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary. [Re: Graham UK]
leeboy Offline

The BIG problem is Yamaha (others too) are now LEAVING OFF the MIDI 5 pin out connection on the lower end keyboards. Instead they use the USB to host so you connect to a PC. What a PAIN. do they really ever ask customers how they use these things?

Now to hook up a NP12 or 32 or whatever you have to buy an expensive USB host device or have a PC in between the arranger and lower.

Probably saves them a dollar.

#491112 - 03/06/20 05:50 AM Re: Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary. [Re: Graham UK]
leeboy Offline

Graham, WOW, thanks so much for giving all that detail on the setup. I am going to do it, just need to figure out a keyboard to use.

I did it with my PA2XPRO back a few years ago, with a CME 76 note MIDI keyboard, worked fine.

#491128 - 03/06/20 10:29 AM Re: Owners report T5-76. Home User. Short Summary. [Re: Graham UK]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Thanks! I totally agree with you on the speakers. I own a T5 and the TRaSh-MS05. Don't waste your money!! Unfortunately I find DJ-style headphones uncomfortable. Great info here!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online