SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#491070 - 03/05/20 12:22 PM YAMAHA Djx keyboard
matt07ie Offline

Loc: IRELAND
Hello Everyone, A question I need answered and help very much appreciated, and I know a lot of you will say silly man to not be taking the Yamaha Djx on the road with me, reason being
Every single time I switch it on and press for eg the A key in the lower section it comes up as Am on display and same with all other major keys, the
Black notes seem ok, love the sounds and yes you can attack any song with this, but another upset for me is, on start up I select style and voice
Turn on pattern control and start
Playing, changing chords I have to hold down full chord for it to Play D, by my holding down
Just the D Key it plays and displays Dm
And so on, if I hit part control, I play the melody on the right side and when I go to change chord it don't work it just stays on same chord, until I disarm part control, so can Anyone make
Sense of what I'm trying to say here, please help or point me in the right direction, I did download the user manual for it and must take a look
Also looking at the Djx I see no fills, oh god I need help πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ€—

Edited by matt07ie (03/05/20 12:24 PM)

#491079 - 03/05/20 02:26 PM Re: YAMAHA Djx keyboard [Re: matt07ie]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It sounds like the pattern you have selected has chosen a minor tonality. The book shows this example:

"best suited to the selected style..."

Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 5.25.25 PM.png

#491093 - 03/05/20 07:37 PM Re: YAMAHA Djx keyboard [Re: matt07ie]
matt07ie Offline

Wow thank you so much for quick response my friend, I'll be totally honest with you, I got the keyboard used it a few times in the bedroom and for my reasons
Above I let it sit corner of room, but Litteraly love it's sounds and I just downloaded the manual last night, I kind of understand what you trying to explain, and appreciate very very much your help πŸ‘every little bit helps, thanks

#491096 - 03/05/20 08:37 PM Re: YAMAHA Djx keyboard [Re: matt07ie]
matt07ie Offline

, I did download the manual and to be honest it's double Dutch to me, but I get what your saying here, but I would much rather decide for myself if I want and not let the Djx make up its own mind, press single key A I want the Djx to sound and display A not Am and so forth, like I said the black keys on the few I play sound and display right, but the white keys all want to play minor,
I will study the book Download
But pratical is best, I alway hated theory lol, with your help I will get if sorted to how I want it to act just like my Ketron Audya 5, do you have any idea on how to sort this and give me a guide step to follow thanks

#491195 - 03/07/20 02:08 PM Re: YAMAHA Djx keyboard [Re: matt07ie]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I had one AGES ago, and TBH - I forgot almost every feature in it, but it was a cool piece. Hope my nod the the manual gets you there.

#491218 - 03/07/20 08:35 PM Re: YAMAHA Djx keyboard [Re: Uncle Dave]
matt07ie Offline

Thanks Uncle Dave, so you have an idea what is going on with mine, you would think by my doing the factory reset it would work away normally, I'll take a look athe manual I downloaded again today and start pressing buttons and hopefully return it to normal standard, in the meantime if you get a brainwave please let me know, thanks again and thanks to all who reply...

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online