SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#491022 - 03/05/20 12:49 AM Musik Messe delayd
Bachus Offline

The most important event worldwide for arranger keyboards
The musik messe in Frankfurt (31 March)
Is delayed, as prevention for the Corona Virus..

No new date is announeced..

This might hurt some companies..

Altough most companies have bigger problems with the situation in China where all production and transport of ellectronics seems to have come to a halt..

The only thing that i think might really be hurt by this are the products build in Italy
Was hoping for a korg pa5x
And a new Ketron SD model(dual manual)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#491025 - 03/05/20 04:22 AM Re: Musik Messe delayd [Re: Bachus]
Crossover Offline

Confirmed numbers of Corona are exploding in Germany now, almost doubled in one day (especially in Northrhine Westphalia), so it’s necessary.
I guess new releases won’t be postponed just because Musikmesse is postponed.

#491036 - 03/05/20 07:11 AM Re: Musik Messe delayd [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
With all the motor show cancelations, manufactures are unveiling new vehicles online, so I expect music companies will do the same. (Italy is also in a mess at the moment with ever increasing numbers of cases)

Bill

#491039 - 03/05/20 07:35 AM Re: Musik Messe delayd [Re: abacus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I saw a news photo of St. Mark's Square in Venice and I don't think there were 6 people there ...

#491062 - 03/05/20 10:40 AM Re: Musik Messe delayd [Re: abacus]
groovyband.live Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
With all the motor show cancelations, manufactures are unveiling new vehicles online, so I expect music companies will do the same. (Italy is also in a mess at the moment with ever increasing numbers of cases)

Bill

Italy alone has made more Corona virus tests than ALL the rest of European countries lumped together. And has fielded strong countermeasures since 15 days ago. The results are coming (they are always delayed by the incubation period), with the rate of new cases **NOT** increasing at exponential rate.

If you search then you find something. The other countries are simply hiding the rubbish under the carpet.

But now the exponential law is exploding under their ass..... And their public health system is not as strong as Italy's.

#491065 - 03/05/20 11:02 AM Re: Musik Messe delayd [Re: groovyband.live]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By groovyband.live

Bill

Italy alone has made more Corona virus tests than ALL the rest of European countries lumped together. And has fielded strong countermeasures since 15 days ago. The results are coming (they are always delayed by the incubation period), with the rate of new cases **NOT** increasing at exponential rate.

If you search then you find something. The other countries are simply hiding the rubbish under the carpet.

But now the exponential law is exploding under their ass..... And their public health system is not as strong as Italy's.

Good to know Italy has it under control; however a lot of cases in other countries are with people that have flown in from Italy.
I take it you have solid evidence that other countries are sweeping it under the carpet.
All country’s believe they have the best health service, however there is no one best (Anyone that thinks there is, is living in cloud cuckoo land) as all have advantages and disadvantages.
It’s a world problem and Italy has suffered quite a lot recently, (Still pales into insignificance compared to Asia though) so stop being as defensive as no one is attacking Italy, they are just the current facts. (That is constantly changing)

Bill

#491068 - 03/05/20 12:11 PM Re: Musik Messe delayd [Re: groovyband.live]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By groovyband.live

Bill

But then, it was Italy that allowed for the first explosion of Corona in Europe... because they didn’t react at all in the first few days of the current tragedy...

Strange that all people that tested possitive in Holland all have been to Italy, and not to China....

Personaly the situation in Europe looks as if Italy didn’t have a good plan in the first place and allowed the virus to spread..

So there you have it, someone blaming Italy for the situation in Europe..

As allways the truth might be somewhere in the middle, but praising Italy for handling thesituation, is totally laughable

Edited by Bachus (03/05/20 12:13 PM)

#491076 - 03/05/20 01:51 PM Re: Musik Messe delayd [Re: Bachus]
Crossover Offline

German virologists say that the statistic in Italy show that Corona must already have spread around there in January with no one noticing. There also has to be a high dark figure (number of unknown cases) as otherwise the death rate would be unusually high.
The number of undetected mild cases (which are nevertheless contagious to others) is also a problem in other countries. The virologists say it is simply impossible to carry out enough tests per day to detect all cases with minor symptoms.
What I‘m angry about is that the media and also the German board for epidemics comminicated that simple mouth nose masks are useless. NOW they begin to admit that they are useful against infection by flying drops - the main type of infection with Corona. But most people in Germany also have a stupid „stay cool“ attitude, they laugh at anyone who wears a mask, and the biggist disaster is the shortage of masks among doctors and hospitals, a consequence of cost efficiency and just-in-time delivery.

Edited by Crossover (03/05/20 01:53 PM)

#491097 - 03/05/20 09:54 PM Re: Musik Messe delayd [Re: Crossover]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
German virologists say that the statistic in Italy show that Corona must already have spread around there in January with no one noticing. There also has to be a high dark figure (number of unknown cases) as otherwise the death rate would be unusually high.
The number of undetected mild cases (which are nevertheless contagious to others) is also a problem in other countries. The virologists say it is simply impossible to carry out enough tests per day to detect all cases with minor symptoms.
What I‘m angry about is that the media and also the German board for epidemics comminicated that simple mouth nose masks are useless. NOW they begin to admit that they are useful against infection by flying drops - the main type of infection with Corona. But most people in Germany also have a stupid „stay cool“ attitude, they laugh at anyone who wears a mask, and the biggist disaster is the shortage of masks among doctors and hospitals, a consequence of cost efficiency and just-in-time delivery.

I can understand the stay cool attitude..
as despite all the deaths..
Corona is still not a very lethal virus..
Its about a factor 10 more lethal then an ordinary flue..

In general the people that die allready are considered in a weak state..
Just some numbers,

People under 50 that get the virus, 0,2% dies
People over 50, 1,2% dies
And over 65, 8% dies..

In general if you are healthy, you dont have much to worrie about, and if you get sick, it will be like a heavy case of flue..

So with these numbers, there seems not to be to much danger for most..

However, the danger is in the disease spreading esilly trough the air..
Just like the flue..

Other virusses like hiv, ebola, dengue, hepatitus, rabies, are more lethal..
But most of these dont spread that easy..

What stands out in numbers every year is the flue..
About 500.000 people die every year from the flue (worldwide)

Another ones, we have 1,35 million traffic deaths a year(again worldwide)
But everyone keeps riding their cars and bikes

So in absolute numbers there is no reason to blow things out of proportion..

Altough their personal feeling fed by the media in general tells them something else..
So according to the numbers, no reason for pannick..
But we also need to be honest, and learn from what we do in ths epidemic..
Italy needs to find out what they did wrong that allowed corona to spread fast
German virologes need to get their act straight instead of telling people the masks don’t work. They should have told them how they could make them work.

So where is the big danger of Corona, well the more people catch corona, chances raise that it corrupts/mutates itselves into something even more dangerous. And then we have a huge problem at our hands.. In general however a smart virus will nit kill its host, because if the host dies, the virus inside the host dies too..

On the other side i am also a strong believer that mother nature adapts to keep things healthy on our earth.. i guess there are currently 2 times as many people on our llovely planet them what would be healthy. History has tought us, that if we humans don’t take care of a problem, mother nature will do so for us. So for the future i think there is still something like a real plague ahead of us. And what we have learned from Corona is that we are not able to contain it well. So for the survival of the species its really important to find out what we did wrong in trying to contain Corona and learn from it.

#491104 - 03/06/20 02:00 AM Re: Musik Messe delayd [Re: Bachus]
groovyband.live Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
[quote=Crossover]
Italy needs to find out what they did wrong that allowed corona to spread fast

Actually the virus spread throughout Europe starting from Germany:

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/general_...2416c8af6c.html

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2001468

Italy was the only European country that stopped all the flights to/from China. Germany did not. And the German government had hospitalized the first European case (a German citizen working for a company with a factory in Wuhan, China) on January 27 (one month before the first case seen in Italy).

Yet they completely failed to promptly recognize the problem, did not take any countermeasure and let the disease spread throughout Europe (the same German company, Webasto, has also a factory in Torino, Italy).

The second link (with a detailed description of the dynamics and chronology), points to a report of the prestigious "The New England Journal of Medicine" and is signed by many German researchers.

Interesting enough, also during the renaissance period the plague was spread in Italy by German (and Swiss) mercenaries (landsknechts).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online