SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#490856 - 03/02/20 12:39 PM OT Managing a Website
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
The board of directors of our condo association have asked me to take over maintenance of its website. I have zero experience with maintaining a website. Our community site has at least 6 tabs covering everything from properties for sale, board minutes, a calendar of events, permission forms, meet your neighbor articles and a lot of pictures. I don't know what platform they are using, but am trying to get that info.

If you have experience with a site like this and can give me some insight into the work involved, please PM me.

Thanks,
Ed

#490859 - 03/02/20 12:52 PM Re: OT Managing a Website [Re: btweengigs]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
www.bandzoogle.com - EZ peasy - it's all templates

#490890 - 03/02/20 05:56 PM Re: OT Managing a Website [Re: Uncle Dave]
btweengigs Offline

Thanks Dave. The website has been up and running for years. I don't know what service are using, but it will be necessary to work within the parameters already established.
Ed

#491088 - 03/05/20 06:36 PM Re: OT Managing a Website [Re: btweengigs]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Ed:

If the site has been around for years, I hope you know someone with website experience to keep things on an even keel. I would be concerned about outdated software/firmware and the primary operating system involved. If money is collected/transferred or managed via the site, be extra careful. Tons of scams and bad actors lurking about, stealing personal information and looking for "phishing" targets. The knowledge and experience of your "user base" can make or break things very quickly.

Best of luck.

#491121 - 03/06/20 08:37 AM Re: OT Managing a Website [Re: Riceroni9]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Ed, we create and manage web sites, blogs and social media channels for many of our clients. My son,Logan does most of the work. Let me know if you need a little help.

Be well,

Russ

#491124 - 03/06/20 10:07 AM Re: OT Managing a Website [Re: btweengigs]
btweengigs Offline

Thanks to Russ, Dave and Uncle Dave, plus those who sent PM's and emails. Your responses, opinions and advice are much appreciated...and another reason I think of SZ as a GREAT site and part of my daily routine. After reflecting on your comments and my present obligations and commitments I decided to pass on the project. Between the computer work I am doing for others, my music gigs and trying to fit in a little retirement I didn't feel up to taking on another task.
Ed

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online