SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49056 - 09/13/04 05:14 PM Changing key of a midi file
Ann in New Zealand Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I am having a problem saving a midi file in a new key so where better to write for help than here!! I downloaded a midi file for the Can Can and changed the key following the instructions in Alec's book, so that Ross can play his version of the music with some of the midi file backing. When I save the changed file as a midi file it changes the backing to piano rather than the original orchestral backing. I have saved it as a Technics file and this works, but Ross' music teacher has a PR and we would like to play it to her at his music lesson. She said that she does this all the time on her PR and it works, but despite several attempts by us both, we cannot get it to work on the 7000. Any advice you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

#49057 - 09/13/04 05:57 PM Re: Changing key of a midi file
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Anne,
did you save the midifile with
Panel Header " ON " Default I think is "OFF" .

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#49058 - 09/13/04 07:19 PM Re: Changing key of a midi file
Ann in New Zealand Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Hi Rikki - Thank you so much for your prompt reply to my problem. It reinforces what I already know about this Forum - its members are fantastic!!!
I tried saving the midi file with Panel Header on and it worked. I really appreciate the help and advice that you and other Forum members give those of us that need it. Thanks again.
Kind regards
Ann

#49059 - 09/13/04 08:53 PM Re: Changing key of a midi file
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Anne,
happy to hear it worked.
best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022