SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#488506 - 02/04/20 01:58 PM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Beautiful ...
Kabinopus, do you write the notes for your music onto paper, or use any software such as Notation Composer?

#488507 - 02/04/20 02:00 PM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: Kabinopus]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I couldn't help,but imagine your fruitful mind being a long way off,and in a long ago time. I believe it is your creativity that shines through,no matter what instrument. Simply gorgeous.

Bernie

#488509 - 02/04/20 02:24 PM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: tony mads usa]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Thank you again, dear friends!

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Beautiful ...
Kabinopus, do you write the notes for your music onto paper, or use any software such as Notation Composer?

This is the place where I confess that I don't have a musical training, neither read or write music :-)

It's not a secret that this music is rather simple, but modern music is generally not that complicated as some classical stuff. So it's all stored in my mind, and now in these videos.

#488512 - 02/04/20 02:37 PM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: Kabinopus]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
If you want to preserve your music, software like Notation Composer is fairly easy to work with. You just connect to your computer via a midi connection on the KB and play ... Notation pretty much does the rest ...

#488575 - 02/05/20 04:36 PM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: Kabinopus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Beautiful music Kabinopus. Love the strings. You make the psr3000 sound wonderful.
I really enjoy listening to movie themes. John Barry I think would have to be one of my favourites, classics like Dances with Wolves, Out of Africa, Indecent Proposal, Chaplain etc , so many of them. Haunting melodies.

Do any of those Freeplay styles actually work on a psr3000?

That Cinema movie Ballad sounds great.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#489305 - 02/14/20 01:44 PM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: rikkisbears]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
If you want to preserve your music, software like Notation Composer is fairly easy to work with. You just connect to your computer via a midi connection on the KB and play ... Notation pretty much does the rest ...

This is interesting indeed. I used to make some musical notations using midi and Sonar, maybe I'll give it a try one day. But so far I find the best way to store my music is to make it public :-)

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Beautiful music Kabinopus. Love the strings. You make the psr3000 sound wonderful.
I really enjoy listening to movie themes. John Barry I think would have to be one of my favourites, classics like Dances with Wolves, Out of Africa, Indecent Proposal, Chaplain etc , so many of them. Haunting melodies.

Do any of those Freeplay styles actually work on a psr3000?

That Cinema movie Ballad sounds great.

Glad that you liked it, Rikki. You named a lot of films I'm yet to watch.

As for freeplay styles, I had never been a fan of them on PSR-S950, so I never tried them on PSR-3000. But it's possible that I'd change my mind later.

Recently I tried once again to play the same music on my PSR-S950, somehow I didn't really enjoyed that. Then I switched again to PSR-3000 and it went much better (I mean, my dinner got cold).

Although if I were to go play public, I'd take my S950, as for some bossa nova or other popular music it has some advantages. Great guitar sound, audio styles, etc.

But I suspect that when a new arranger is being designed, everything is focused to make NEW voices and styles sound the best (they adjust DSPs, EQs, effects and so on). And what is left from older models is no longer a priority, so it will sound, but no one cares how well.

Well, it's just a theory. Bottom line is that I'm glad that I failed to sell my old PSR-3000. I guess, each model has some unique qualities.

I've just recorded one more "movie theme" on PSR-3000:

While playing that I was trying also to play a "bell tree" sound using the pedal, but it kept getting cut out, presumably, by the lack of polyphony. It made me think that if Genos has the same 128 voices of polyphony for internal sounds it's not that great for a such an advanced keyboard.

#489322 - 02/14/20 04:07 PM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: Kabinopus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Kabinopus,
another beautiful piece of music.

Sometimes things just work out for best ( in that your psr3000 didn’t sell).

Just out of interest , is it that the psr3000 sounds better than the s950 for your movie themes, or is it the styles. The strings sound really good.

Piano and strings are probably my favourite sounds. I normally don’t buy styles or registrations, but recently I found a registration set for Mantovani strings from Soundwonderland.
Just had to have them.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#489323 - 02/14/20 04:09 PM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: Kabinopus]
Dnj Offline

Is unlimited polyphony that far away in this day and age.. confused1

Edited by Dnj (02/14/20 04:48 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online