SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#488319 - 02/03/20 05:39 AM O.T. Superbowl
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Good game. HATED all the super-long commercials that really interfered with the flow of the game (IMO). Didn't watch the half-time show (never do), I've already seen enough hips in my lifetime. I was rooting for the Chiefs (Andy Reid guy - Philly connection) because they're so exciting to watch. Plus, as a Falcons fan, I'm not exactly in love with Kyle Shanahan. If they can keep the gang together (Mahomes/T.Hill/T.Kelce), you may have the makings of a dynasty. Of course it'll be hard to match the Steelers or Patriots in that department. Okay, now for a week or so of 'withdrawal' smile smile.

chas

#488320 - 02/03/20 06:15 AM Re: O.T. Superbowl [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

The commercials were better then the game itself which was boring...
Glad for Andy Reed,..Half Time T&A Crotch show was awful too eek2

#488321 - 02/03/20 06:24 AM Re: O.T. Superbowl [Re: cgiles]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Game was typical conservative style of Superbowls. Don't make a mistake and do what got you there.
Halftime was a lip synced adult Vegas Review. Rather see something "live" but thats never going to happen again.
So "congratulations to the great state of Kansas" 😏

#488325 - 02/03/20 07:17 AM Re: O.T. Superbowl [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Wait-What? Was there some sort of sporting contest on yesterday? Hmmmm, funny didn't hear about that.

#488327 - 02/03/20 08:03 AM Re: O.T. Superbowl [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I thought the game was pretty good ... Half time show not one for the ages - I think the last one I enjoyed was Bruno Mars ... but a 43 year old - Shakira, and a 50 year old - J LO, had a LOT of energy ... and I love Shakira's smile ...
I thought Yolanda Adams - America the Beautiful, and Demi Lovato - National Anthem, did really well ...
I thought the commercials were dull and too long ...
JMHO

#488334 - 02/03/20 09:27 AM Re: O.T. Superbowl [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I recorded the game and started watching an hour later. That way I could fast forward through the lame commercials and disgusting half-time show. I'm getting old.
As far as the game, I don't have an attachment or dislike for either team, but I did place a wager on the team I thought would win, and I was lucky enough to pick the right one.
AND, Kobe was a great basketball player, but give me a break please. There wasn't that much coverage when John F. Kennedy was murdered.

#488335 - 02/03/20 09:31 AM Re: O.T. Superbowl [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
JaLo was the best football player I ever saw. Talk about backfield n motion.

Russ (never watched a football game) Lay

#488346 - 02/03/20 10:14 AM Re: O.T. Superbowl [Re: DonM]
Bill Lewis Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I recorded the game and started watching an hour later. That way I could fast forward through the lame commercials and disgusting half-time show. I'm getting old.
As far as the game, I don't have an attachment or dislike for either team, but I did place a wager on the team I thought would win, and I was lucky enough to pick the right one.
AND, Kobe was a great basketball player, but give me a break please. There wasn't that much coverage when John F. Kennedy was murdered.

Isn't it amazing the high regard we hold sports heros in who are just entertainers. No other occupation gets so much adulation.

#488350 - 02/03/20 10:27 AM Re: O.T. Superbowl [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Some have done remarkable things in terms of 'giving back' to their communities. Do you ever watch the Walter Peyton Man of the Year awards? Don't these guys deserve SOME credit instead of always looking for the negatives. We don't do that to Rock stars. It's certainly one of the reasons I respect people like Bono and Willie Nelson. I think to view them only as 'entertainers' without looking at them as human beings is very unfair. LeBron James is a great example. So is Kobe.

chas

Edited by cgiles (02/03/20 10:28 AM)

#488351 - 02/03/20 10:35 AM Re: O.T. Superbowl [Re: cgiles]
Bill Lewis Offline

Not knocking them or focusing on negatives, I do know the great things that some of them do but my feeling is many others in different fields do great things and don't get the attention the athletes do. And they are entertainers first and foremost. This doesn't take away from them being good human beings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online