SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#488229 - 01/31/20 11:32 PM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: zuki]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Once more an impressive contribution here Sergey,I could well imagine you writing scores for movies , imagine having professional tools in your hands like top of the line arrangers and workstations.....Perhaps you should start looking for a job elsewhere smile
As you have pointed out to me there is a clear predilection for minor chords in Russian music, much more so anyway than in Western popmusic, perhaps one of the reasons it more resembles a filmscore ?
Also worth noticing how once again you have favoured the 15 year old Yamaha over the 950 which in itself is already dated these days. Remarkably how some of us are reaching out to older boards again. Donny of course with the Tyros 2 and myself with adding the old Korg PA50 to my ketron sd7....
Nonetheless I stay with my mantra that if possible it is better to have two keyboards ( either arranger or workstation) of different brands as they complement one another. Another advice I continue to give to folks wanting to buy an arranger or workstation is that if you are an instrumentalist and do not sing your first choice should be imho a Yamaha. People like you as a matter of fact deserve to have a GEnos !!!
If however you are a singer and want to have a band accompanying you the choices become wider and more complex.But then again all the top arrangers from Yamaha,Korg and Ketron will foot the bill, and even the Roland E-A7 or so I am given to understand....
Thank you for sharing and it is good to have you here on the forum with all these "bloody yanks " rotfl

kind regards,
John

#488231 - 02/01/20 01:05 AM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: Kabinopus]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much for sharing that.

#488239 - 02/01/20 07:35 AM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By john smies

Once more an impressive contribution here Sergey,I could well imagine you writing scores for movies , imagine having professional tools in your hands like top of the line arrangers and workstations.....Perhaps you should start looking for a job elsewhere smile
As you have pointed out to me there is a clear predilection for minor chords in Russian music, much more so anyway than in Western popmusic, perhaps one of the reasons it more resembles a filmscore ?
Also worth noticing how once again you have favoured the 15 year old Yamaha over the 950 which in itself is already dated these days. Remarkably how some of us are reaching out to older boards again. Donny of course with the Tyros 2 and myself with adding the old Korg PA50 to my ketron sd7....
Nonetheless I stay with my mantra that if possible it is better to have two keyboards ( either arranger or workstation) of different brands as they complement one another. Another advice I continue to give to folks wanting to buy an arranger or workstation is that if you are an instrumentalist and do not sing your first choice should be imho a Yamaha. People like you as a matter of fact deserve to have a GEnos !!!
If however you are a singer and want to have a band accompanying you the choices become wider and more complex.But then again all the top arrangers from Yamaha,Korg and Ketron will foot the bill, and even the Roland E-A7 or so I am given to understand....
Thank you for sharing and it is good to have you here on the forum with all these "bloody yanks " rotfl

kind regards,
John

John you can see the trend toward older arrangers
sounding just as good or better then new models all the time...
we get all tied up in "NEW" and forget that
the older is still very comparable and not that much
different for our needs. A lesson to be learned.

#488277 - 02/02/20 12:13 AM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: john smies]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Thank you for your attention, Zuki, Nigel and John.

imagine having professional tools in your hands like top of the line arrangers and workstations.....

I used to think about that. But if we dare to imagine writing scores for real movies, it comes to mind that most soundtracks are still performed with real orchestras. Ideally, a composer just does his part, then it's arranged and orchestrated by other people.

I figure that if we talk about composing, it's about making a decent demo with whatever instrument is comfortable to use. Somehow PSR-3000 inspires me more than S950, so I'm not thinking about upgrading it.

Yet, it's fair to mention that when I just want to play piano, I play my Juno DS. It can be that adding Juno DS to my collection forced me to switch from S950 to 3000, some soft of a balance thing. Can't say that Juno DS's piano is perfect, but so far I find it much more playable than pianos on my PSR's.

By the way, it's new to me to play that many songs on PSR not using piano sound at all.

#488280 - 02/02/20 05:29 AM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: Kabinopus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Kabinopus

imagine having professional tools in your hands like top of the line arrangers and workstations.....

I figure that if we talk about composing, it's about making a decent demo with whatever instrument is comfortable to use. Somehow PSR-3000 inspires me more than S950, so I'm not thinking about upgrading it.

People SAY "It's not the keyboard, it's the keyboardist" but I wonder how many actually MEAN it. Seems to me that people of high accomplishment play "what inspires them" and are the ones that are LEAST concerned about whether or not it's the "latest and greatest". Personally, I think the voices that you chose from the 3000 are absolutely PERFECT for those compositions. JMO.

chas

#488283 - 02/02/20 07:20 AM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Chas sometimes I wonder with all the voice choices to choose from on a kb most are NEVER used ever....for example a Piano or Organ player pretty much uses ONE sound in many ways to express his music....
you dig?

#488407 - 02/04/20 04:50 AM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: Kabinopus]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Very enjoyable performances. Thank you for sharing your work!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#488429 - 02/04/20 07:17 AM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Kabinopus ... Just getting caught up on my listening ... Beautiful work as always ... I agree with chas about the "Dr. Zhivago" feel, and in fact I believe I mentioned that in one of your earlier postings ...
I do hope you find and outlet for your work - it is deserving to be heard by many ...
BRAVO !!!

#488497 - 02/04/20 01:36 PM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: Kabinopus]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Thank you, Montunoman and Tony for your kind words,

Dr. Zhivago is now on my list, although I'm into "The Simpsons" right now :-) (only now I started to get them)

Incidentally I have two more videos to share :-)

I composed these two tunes about 15 years ago. Now I call everything which is not suitable for singing a "movie theme" :-)

I had thought that some miracle would happen and some Santa Clause would bring me Genos and I'd be all into playing new tunes, but in some way I had another sort of miracle when I just downloaded some styles from psrtutorial for my PSR-3000 and it's like I got a new keyboard without actually getting one. This style is called "CinemaMovieBld", I guess, it's taken from another Yamaha's keyboard. Now I can play my tune the way I want:

And this my weird tune I composed long ago at night, I had PSR-550 back then, it's mostly a set of chords, now I'm playing it on Juno DS using a pad sound called "Aerial Choir":

#488499 - 02/04/20 01:41 PM Re: Two more songs on PSR-3000... [Re: Kabinopus]
Dnj Offline

Bravo clap hard to beat the sounds on the Roland.
Listening with my headphones on and eyes closed took me to another place in my mind.
“Music is to the soul what words are to the mind.”

Thank you for sharing more please..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online