SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#48763 - 08/13/02 02:36 AM mic input
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
i have heard so much about the mic input on the 6500 being so very terrible i do not understand why i get fairly good results recording straight to the computer if anyone would like to listen to an mp3 done live into the computer email me.

#48764 - 08/13/02 02:47 AM Re: mic input
technicsplayer Offline

when people say mike input, they mostly mean harmoniser. The mike input is not perfect, but if you tweak the reverb and use the parametric equaliser as effect you can get a reasonable result.

#48765 - 08/13/02 03:08 AM Re: mic input
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
is that the awfull noise you get when you press brass , i thuoght it was for playing trumpets near the mic ot something

#48766 - 08/13/02 03:36 AM Re: mic input
technicsplayer Offline

no, the much derided brassiliser is, in fact, a voice to trumpet converter, one of the more strange new ideas to appear on a KN.

If you only know a song by ear and want to figure out the melody and key without random playing on the keyboard, you could try recording the brassiliser into the pc, and then trying one of the pitch to midi programs like Wav2Mid. These tend to be problematical on your voice because of the wide vibrato and glissando etc but strangely worked a little better off the brassiliser output when I tried an experiment.

Old hands will react in shock and horror - a use was found for the brassiliser!!!

Don't worry, they left it off the 7000

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online