SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#487289 - 01/20/20 06:50 AM Why did Roland drop these features on the E-A7
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Every time I need to use the G70 to capture midi, and/or use the 16 track sequencer.... I sigh... why did they not include these on the E-A7.. (they are on the BK9),, It would hardly cost anything.

And no, it is not better for me to use DAW.. it is more time consuming, and takes you out of the work flow.

I think they could add it in an update without a hassle.

The BK9 could handle sequencing and midi capture, but not at the ease of the G70..

Anyone else agree with me...working within the keyboard is better than on a computer?

Edited by Fran Carango (01/20/20 06:50 AM)

#487291 - 01/20/20 06:56 AM Re: Why did Roland drop these features on the E-A7 [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

I agree to a point about workflow in the kb itself
especially if I was using the New Roland Fantom..
other then that I like to work on my DAW Mixcraft program
for any other editing.

#487293 - 01/20/20 07:01 AM Re: Why did Roland drop these features on the E-A7 [Re: Fran Carango]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Obviously its cost. The keyboard is a MOTR so I guess they firgured most buyers wouldn't be using such advanced features. Same with vocal harmonizer and full size keys.

#487299 - 01/20/20 07:58 AM Re: Why did Roland drop these features on the E-A7 [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Fran wrote= "
The transferring of the finished seq from the G70 is no effort (via USB or Floppy disk to the PC and transfer to the E-A7 thumb drive.

This allows me to use the on board wave recorder .
Where as with the G70 I need to connect to my digital recorder (Tascam DR-07).

BTW: you know folks complained about the BK9 not really a top of the line(compared to the G70). But it was the current best offering from Roland... and guess what the E-A7 is the current best offering from Roland grin

As for not being full size keys.. the difference between the BK9 and E-A7 is about a quarter inch.. mostly because the E-A7 housing shrouds the keys, where the BK9 is more exposed.

Both models would be more desirable if they shared the same features.."

#487302 - 01/20/20 08:44 AM Re: Why did Roland drop these features on the E-A7 [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The only reason I want to have a midi sequencer is to record a couple of styles, put them into the PA4X, and convert to Korg styles.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online