SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#487130 - 01/18/20 03:18 AM How much time do you spend creating registrations?
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
When creating arrangements for your songs how much time do you spend creating registrations for a song. Do you have goto registrations that you always use or do you create new ones for each song?

#487132 - 01/18/20 03:54 AM Re: How much time do you spend creating registrations? [Re: MusicalMemories]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have about 150 registrations for my memorized core songs that I choose by auditioning the styles and OTS,where available. Some of them are derived from like registrations for other songs,with perhaps different instruments. The danger in stereotyping styles too much,is that you could be missing a song specific style eg,that would be a better fit. For that reason,I am constantly tweaking regs as I perform them. I suppose that if I were more technically inclined,I might create some of my own,but I haven't,except MIDI conversions. After the 150 are done,I sometimes go to youtube to get a rough idea,if it is a less familiar song,and search for a like style.

I do this with all my keyboards.

Edited by Bernie9 (01/18/20 03:58 AM)

#487134 - 01/18/20 06:14 AM Re: How much time do you spend creating registrations? [Re: MusicalMemories]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
For each song i create a registration bank with the (song) style , text. midifile and real time controls ans all other settings,
made now almost 850 different registrations that i use frequently .

I, keys

#487146 - 01/18/20 07:35 AM Re: How much time do you spend creating registrations? [Re: MusicalMemories]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I use mostly Styles and I've spent a ton of time editing and continue to re-edit as I use them. I also edit the few SMF's I use. I just spent a lot of time reorganizing my main songlist and found I use about 60 Styles which cover anything I need. I edit a Style for live play and it may be used for one or a dozen differnt songs. I've also paired down the sounds I use both in the Styles and for my RH/LH sounds. Less is better for live play.

BTW -BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP, did a gig Thursday and when I tried my main USB drive at home it was unreadable !! First time this happened.
BUT- I make copies to at least 3 other USB drives, copy to my and a copy to my backup HD.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online