SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#487062 - 01/17/20 10:34 AM get your MOJO working baby!!
Dnj Offline

#487087 - 01/17/20 01:34 PM Re: get your MOJO working baby!! [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

It's great just watching and listening to Tony play...
I learned a few things too from a master..

#487091 - 01/17/20 01:55 PM Re: get your MOJO working baby!! [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Love Tony. Talk about a 'swingin' left hand!!! He may not be as skilled as Joey D but (for me) he has more 'in your face', 'down in the dirt', 'funktown' soulllll. Plus, although I never met him in person, from every account he is a VERY nice person to boot. Hard to tell that MOJO is not a real Hammond, and some people think my KeyB is even closer. There's nothing like sitting behind the REAL thing but today's clones make it hard to justify hauling around a real B3/Leslie. Some of the synth/work station/arrangers have very good 'Hammond' sounds but few of these players carry an expression pedal, a half-moon switch, or practice Organ playing techniques (smears, swishes, stutters, wobbles, etc.). This is okay for lite organ background work or short organ solos, but if you're going to do some serious organ work, you need an organ/dedicated clone. JMO.

chas

#487104 - 01/17/20 04:15 PM Re: get your MOJO working baby!! [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I like Tony the best too. He's more down to earth and not about a million notes a minute. He does more with tone too, not justt he standard drawbar settings. I won and XK3 from him when he ran a contest promoting his newest CD Burning Grooves. Called me up one night and I almost fell over ! Met him in person when he did a small gig here in Bluffton between big gigs in GA and Charleston. Sat at the bar with him and we talked for about 20 minutes. He told me of his recent heart attack and I think thats why his tour schedule is lighter and he's pushing his online lessons more. Man I wish that, type of learning was available whien I took up the Hammond.

#487105 - 01/17/20 04:28 PM Re: get your MOJO working baby!! [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Love Tony. Talk about a 'swingin' left hand!!! He may not be as skilled as Joey D but (for me) he has more 'in your face', 'down in the dirt', 'funktown' soulllll. Plus, although I never met him in person, from every account he is a VERY nice person to boot. Hard to tell that MOJO is not a real Hammond, and some people think my KeyB is even closer. There's nothing like sitting behind the REAL thing but today's clones make it hard to justify hauling around a real B3/Leslie. Some of the synth/work station/arrangers have very good 'Hammond' sounds but few of these players carry an expression pedal, a half-moon switch, or practice Organ playing techniques (smears, swishes, stutters, wobbles, etc.). This is okay for lite organ background work or short organ solos, but if you're going to do some serious organ work, you need an organ/dedicated clone. JMO.

chas

+1 agreed!

#487106 - 01/17/20 04:37 PM Re: get your MOJO working baby!! [Re: Bill Lewis]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
I like Tony the best too. He's more down to earth and not about a million notes a minute. He does more with tone too, not justt he standard drawbar settings. I won and XK3 from him when he ran a contest promoting his newest CD Burning Grooves. Called me up one night and I almost fell over ! Met him in person when he did a small gig here in Bluffton between big gigs in GA and Charleston. Sat at the bar with him and we talked for about 20 minutes. He told me of his recent heart attack and I think thats why his tour schedule is lighter and he's pushing his online lessons more. Man I wish that, type of learning was available whien I took up the Hammond.

Sounds like one helluva evening! Lucky guy!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online