SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#486904 - 01/15/20 10:22 AM Re: Here's a great explanation [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Are you serious? REALLY? You're kidding, right?
Did you find it the slightest bit scary? (I didn't) The shaky camera work made me feel sick, and at the very end, when there was a "HINT" of a conclusion .....
they go all Sopranos on us. (Blackout) Thank goodness for Cats, so it's no longer on the bottom of the list.

#486905 - 01/15/20 10:32 AM Re: Here's a great explanation [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I agree with both movies. Bad. Number one on my list is Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. I got up and left before any of these were finished.

#486907 - 01/15/20 11:25 AM Re: Here's a great explanation [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yeah, that was pretty lame too, but at least Best Little WH had a great Dolly song. I do "Hard Candy Christmas" all year.
AND - it had a great joke from Burt - when Dolly gives him the skimpy thong-like underwear, he looks at it and says ...
"This'll be like putting bowling balls into a marble sack!" LOL - gotta love that one.

#486909 - 01/15/20 12:28 PM Re: Here's a great explanation [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Are you serious? REALLY? You're kidding, right?
Did you find it the slightest bit scary? (I didn't) The shaky camera work made me feel sick, and at the very end, when there was a "HINT" of a conclusion .....
they go all Sopranos on us. (Blackout) Thank goodness for Cats, so it's no longer on the
bottom of the list.

Dave.... We are polar opposites when it comes to movies, plays or whatever.. IMO Blair Witch was one of the scariest horror movies produced on such a low budget.. That said I couldn't watch Cats or Les Mis for more then 30 min.. Anything with animals talking or people singing thruout no dialoge just bores me sorry especially when you are paying $200.00 each for tickets, parking, dinner hotel, etc, for a night out.

Edited by Dnj (01/15/20 12:54 PM)

#486911 - 01/15/20 01:21 PM Re: Here's a great explanation [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
I love the old musicals, they knew how to do them.

The daughter in-law lent me a collection someone gave her.

South Pacific, Carousel, State Fair, The King and I etc, etc etc. ( love when he does that)

Some of the newer ones don’t appear to have translated well from Theatre to screen.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#486919 - 01/15/20 03:44 PM Re: Here's a great explanation [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Sad, very sad when we do our best to justify what we do, when we do our best to kill old standards and beliefs. It is OK to give birth by artificial means and be a single parent, yes and it is OK to have sexual pleasure outside your marriage if it’s needed; when a mother feels she has the right to end her child’s life at the last stage.

Everyone does their best to tell others it is OK to give their view. There is only one problem, they must destroy the beliefs and standards that others live by; and they have a lot of help from the people who make money on what is happening.

I have been blessed with a long fairly healthy life, I have seen and lived in the past and now. I remember walking with my wife-to-be through a park in park in Queens as it was getting dark, we felt safe, trolly cars past, cars past, we felt safe. Today people do not feel safe, there are those who carry guns in their cars, because conditions have changed.

My point:
1-You have lived in a time where people gave their life to music; where hour after hour was directed to mastering their instrument, the logic in the video makes little sense. I grew up with a Dad who played everything on piano. Attended classical concerts, Guitars concerts, Jazz guitar concerts, we admired their work, their effort to become, they were special people. If the people who gave so much of themselves to learning their instrument were watching this video they would have to deny themselves, deny who they are in order to agree.

2-The “END DOES NOT JUSTIFY THE MEANS”. I accept what we have today, the world is what it is.

3-The only reason that people hire an arranger player is because of DOLLARS, the do not want to pay for five or six musicians.
There are some exceptions.

Dave, thank you for the video, it gave me a chance to say, there is another view.
Joh

#486921 - 01/15/20 04:16 PM Re: Here's a great explanation [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
3-The only reason that people hire an arranger player is because of DOLLARS, the do not want to pay for five or six musicians.
There are some exceptions.

I'm lucky to have this gig tomorrow. In their own community this group dances to a free DJ. He was all over me at the last job asking how I did this or that. I told him and doubt if he'll follow up on any of it. I got called last minute to fill in for someone ( who does a Kareoke Rat Pack act ) who cancelled and they were there to see him. Worked out to be a great night so I'm back.
Donny has said it "it don'tmatter how you put it out as long as they like it "

#486934 - 01/16/20 01:56 AM Re: Here's a great explanation [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John
I really like your sage old tidbits of life now and in better days. I agree. Thank you for sharing.

Bernie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online