SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#48568 - 01/05/07 01:24 AM what usb cable do i need to connect to computer how do i record onto cd
gilly05 Offline

Loc: Adelaide South Australia
Hi have had technics kn7000 for a few years and i am now wanting to connect it to the computer via the usb cable. What cable do i need to buy. I want to record my playing onto cd through the computer. I have song manager, audio recorder and sd jukebox v2 no idea what they do but they have been installed onto computer if you could help me with the recording sides of things that would be great....cheers

#48569 - 01/05/07 04:33 AM Re: what usb cable do i need to connect to computer how do i record onto cd
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
OK - I can help you out with part of your question....
The way I record stuff is to take leads from the Line Out sockets to my computer and record sequenced material (makes sure you've got it right first time) with voice over into the PC using a piece of software to receive it and convert it to an MP3 called www.polderbits.com
Which you can simply download from the internet.
No need for USB cable and great control over the final sound...
Hope this helps.
Rog

#48570 - 01/05/07 10:51 AM Re: what usb cable do i need to connect to computer how do i record onto cd
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
The USB cable required is a standard type A to type B cable as used to connect current generation printers to a computer. These are available from any computer store or here in Australia suppliers such as Dick Smith or Officeworks and are generally available in lengths up to 5 metres.
The Audio Recorder software is easy to use but more comprehensive software such as that mentioned by Roger allows you much more control for a better end result. Audacity is another popular program and is available as a free dowload from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. Goldwave is another low cost program used by some members.

Len

#48571 - 01/06/07 07:37 AM Re: what usb cable do i need to connect to computer how do i record onto cd
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi
The best way to record from the KN7000 is to rechord your song straight into the onboard sequencer, then you can multi track adjust all the settings such as pan, reverb etc. Once you have the perfect recording then use the Panasonic Audio recorder supplied with your keyboard,using the USB lead you are then sending a digital signal to the computer from the keyboard and this will allow you to make a full wav. file onto your hard disc when you have enough these will then be able to be burned straight to CD at full Digital quality as you would in a pro studio. This is all covered by Alec Pegeda's book/CD-rom which is avalible from Tecnhote the price is 14.99 GBP here in the UK,the publication covers lots for the KN7000 Regards JOHN.

#48572 - 01/06/07 05:10 PM Re: what usb cable do i need to connect to computer how do i record onto cd
gilly05 Offline

Loc: Adelaide South Australia
Thanks to all who responded to my message will certainly give them a go...
cheers again
Gilly

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online