SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#485035 - 12/23/19 06:13 PM Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it [Re: leeboy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By leeboy
Steve, WOW...well today at about 3PM my SX-900 showed up at my door, not doorbell ring, I just happened to look outside. Box has a couple things wong including a hole, but so far kbd looks OK, I'll test it tonite. I am in a 55+ community and the UPS guy delivers the same way....golf cart / tractor thingy, with a trailer attached...I often see him, boxes are jumping around and I'm sure some fall off...he drives like a mad man. Not sure if he delivered it or the brown truck. I never use UPS usually Fedx....but this came UPS.

I should probably report what I see with this delivery guy, who do I call??

Lee and everyone following this thread. As promised the neighbor called about an hour ago. I picked up the box amazing there wasn’t any damage to it. I unboxed the SX900 and all is working as expected I’ve been testing various functions since firing it up, everything seems to work. In the morning I’ll continue use check things out.

Lee so you’ve seen this horse and buggy routine too, these drivers just don’t use care all they know is they have to deliver X number of parcels every day.

PS. Lee I called 1-888-742-5877, it’s the UPS main number.

Edited by Stephenm52 (12/23/19 06:40 PM)

#485041 - 12/23/19 09:13 PM Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Steve, I may have posted here about my laptop delivery from UPS (which I now think stands for "you poor sucker) ...
Doorbell rings, go to answer, box is there truck is gone - in about 10 seconds ... one corner of the box is split open, one top flap is 'flappin in the wind', with some of the protective bubble stuff coming out of the box ... fortunately, no damage to the inside laptop box ... but I call UPS (thinking about that 'you poor sucker' thing aren't you wink ) and after working my way through about 5 people, a guy tells me "if nothing is broken, there's nothing to report" ... then tells me "we could have gotten the box that way" !!! He had no answer when I asked why UPS would take a damaged box to deliver ...
Glad all is well with the board ...

#485051 - 12/24/19 03:41 AM Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it [Re: Stephenm52]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Yikes Steve! Sorry to hear that UPS nightmare! I know we all face fears every time we entrust our expensive gear to the guys in the brown trucks! My neighborhood in Florida uses the same practice during the holidays - they hire locals who run the packages through the neighborhood. It's a shame that your driver was not very attentive to his cargo! Glad to hear the board is working properly, and enjoy the fun!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#485052 - 12/24/19 04:05 AM Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony,

I had forgotten about your laptop delivery, but now that you reminded me I do remember. So far all is well with the board and I’m hoping there won’t be a problem in the future.

Randy,

Late yesterday afternoon was stressful but “all is well that ends well. “. So you too have seen the same things happening in your neighborhood seems very common during the holiday season.

#485087 - 12/24/19 11:26 AM Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it [Re: Stephenm52]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
It is indeed hard to picture a brand new keyboard like SX900 or any other valuable thing falling of on the ground while being delivered or left outside the house with no supervision.

Most people in Russia tend to live in big cities for economical reasons. A lot of them have some houses in suburbs but mostly for a purpose to work in a garden on weekends or retirement. So far communities aren't well developed here, that's why this atmosphere of trust is a bit exotic to me.

But as I get it from the stories you share, this idyll is not spotless. It's like if there's a certain revenge from delivery guys, as if they don't want to be a part of that idyll.

As you can see from the picture, my life in a city should be rather different. But if I want something delivered, it will be either personally handed to me at my home, of picked up by me in a nearest office (about 5 minutes from home).

Attachments
thewayilive.jpg

#485121 - 12/24/19 05:37 PM Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it [Re: Stephenm52]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Steve,
what a scary story.

Hope everything thing is ok. Since you packed it yourself for shipping, no doubt you would have take great care.

Not something one would expect, but obviously goes on.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#485221 - 12/27/19 09:16 AM Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it [Re: Stephenm52]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
CRAP! Now we're having a problem with USPS getting the Genos to Al. It shipped the 19th with ETA the 26th. Dallas is 150 miles and it supposedly only left there the 26th on the way to Florida.
Hoping it is only Christmas rush that held it up.

#485223 - 12/27/19 09:24 AM Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
CRAP! Now we're having a problem with USPS getting the Genos to Al. It shipped the 19th with ETA the 26th. Dallas is 150 miles and it supposedly only left there the 26th on the way to Florida.
Hoping it is only Christmas rush that held it up.

They are so backed up with xmas rush and weather delays...
hopefully it will get there soon and or a day or 2 late unharmed..

#485225 - 12/27/19 10:02 AM Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Been shipping 10 plus packages a day for over 20 years UPS. Never a lost or late package. Sometimes, with a big promotion, there are three or more trucks in line at the front door.

Of course, most of our shipments are paper, so damage would be minimized.

Fed Ex screws up about every other order for musical stuff.
Hate to deal with them.

The post office delivers to the wrong address on a regular basis.

GO FIGURE!

R.

#485230 - 12/27/19 11:57 AM Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it [Re: Stephenm52]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi ,
shipping is weird.
I used TNT, here in Aust. when I sold my 3 keyboards a while back. The first 2 arrived within a week, able to follow tracking, the 3rd one took nearly 3 weeks ,I was starting to panic, especially after I realised it was going to an area where they were having problems with bushfires. They were obviously holding onto it till it was safe to deliver.

Couldn’t believe it though, I bought my own Christmas present ( I don’t trust hubby to pick mine haha, after he bought me a set of scales one year) I ordered it from the Ukraine on the 12th December, expecting it would arrive some time mid January , if I was lucky, instead it arrived on Xmas eve

Our internal Aust. Post packages can take as long as that ,this time of year, let alone something from Europe.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online