Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it

Posted by: Stephenm52

Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 02:14 PM

My sx900 was shipped to our home in Florida. I was given a window of 4 hours between 1:30 and 5:30 PM. I’m here patiently waiting for delivery. About 4 PM I receive a call from a Hackensack NJ area code, I figured for sure it was a spammer, I let it go to voice mail. When I listened to the voice mail I discovered it was from someone I don’t know nor have ever met but he lives about a mile from we live.

Here’s the part that’s beyond belief in this 55 plus community during busy seasons UPS transports goods on a golf cart type vehicle with a tractor in tow where they keep the items for delivery. The guy who called me a retired UPS driver told me he has my SX900, it fell off the back of the tractor onto the road the driver kept going oblivious to the fact this huge box fell off the tractor!!!! Can you say W T ?? The neighbor was nice enough to pick up the SX900 bring it into his home contact UPS to report the incident @ 12 noon. UPS told him someone would be to his house to pick up the SX900 @ 4 PM they still hadn’t that’s when he called me to tell me he would deliver it to me or I can pick it up. When he called and his wife were out for a few hours and would be home at 8 PM. He’s going to call me when he returns home and I’ll head there to pick up the box. The neighbor also reports that there was no damage to the box, but when I fire it up I’ll know if there is.

Meanwhile I have called UPS to file a complaint, supposedly the local hub in Leesburg, Florida will be contacting me. Now here’s one that’s going up my backside sideways, the driver reported he delivered the keyboard today. SAY WHAT????? Talk about incompetence. This is unacceptable, in all the years I’ve been shipping equipment never had anything like this happen.
Posted by: DonM

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 02:30 PM

I do everything possible to avoid UPS. I prefer USPS and then FedEx.
I had a package due for delivery Friday, and had the real-time tracker on my computer. It was on the truck for delivery at 7:00 a.m. I had a "window" of 11 to 3. Then got an email changing it from 5:30 til 8:30. The truck went up and down the street that leads to my house all day long, lots of businesses along there.
Finally I had to leave for work and told my grandson to watch for the package and put it in my office, so my wife wouldn't see it, as it was for her. Then at work I checked my email and the delivery was changed until Monday.
When I got home at midnight, it was on the front porch. Somehow, it wasn't even damaged.
I'm sorry this happened to you with your new keyboard. I've had half a dozen instances where they delivered things to others in my neighborhood.
Also the UPS driver just signs my name on his slate and leaves packages at the doorstep and I get an email saying I signed for them at certain times.
Big shippers like Sweetwater now ALWAYS double box everything they ship to try to avoid damage. I've received several keyboards with obvious fork lift holes in the sides of the boxes. Only one was damaged though and that was before they started double-boxing.
At least you are on record with them in case there IS damage. Hoping for the best!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 02:33 PM

Goodluck Steve
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 02:37 PM

Steve, been there - done that. Calling someone at UPS and lodging a complaint is like pissing in the ocean and expecting the tide to rise - ain't gonna happen. UPS showed up here years ago with my Bose L1 PAS, and fortunately, I happened to be at the door when he arrived. He was getting ready to just walk away when I told him to come back. "What's the problem." he said with an attitude.

I pointed out a massive fork lift hole right in the center of the base unit box, one that penetrated all the way through and out the other side. Then he had the balls to say "Well, is it damaged/" I said it probably is trash. He said "Well if you open the box to inspect the damage, it's on you - I can't take it back." I rejected the delivery, called Bose and they shipped another base unit overnight to me via Fedex.

UPS was frequently leaving boxes on the ground under my mailbox, which is 300 feet from our home and out of view, then claiming they left them on the porch. Fortunately, I have a Ring Floodlight Camera on the corner of the house, which picks up movements from up to 100 feet away. When I called UPS and informed them and emailed the video to them, that was the last time they dumped our goodies on the ground at the top of the hill.

Ironically, when I get a delivery from Amazon Prime, they actually photograph the package sitting at my front door and email the photo to me asking if the delivery went OK. Now, that's REAL service.

Good luck,

Gary

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 02:40 PM

Don,

I guess I’m not telling you anything you haven’t experienced. I just shake my head in disbelief.

Donny,
Keeping my fingers crossed there’s no damage. Been one crazy ride the last week between my Genos having a problem the night before my gig, then this.
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 02:44 PM

I'm not surprised one bit. They have lost a keyboard and a drum set I have shipped. I caught them in a lie when they said they delivered a rental camera lens on the day before I was to leave for vacation. Little did they know I have video cameras all over my house and sure enough not ONE shot of a UPS truck at my house. I fumed in the car on my way to the Blue Ridge Mountains without the lens. For some reason, everything I buy from Amazon is delivered either on schedule or ahead of schedule. I actually will pay more to Amazon just because I know I will receive it in one piece.

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 03:00 PM

Al,

OUCH on the lens rental I’d be upset too if that special lens you rented didn’t get to me for a vacation either. Wow they lost a keyboard and drum set too. If I’m not mistaken the drivers are Teamsters so they probably wont’ even fire this clown who dropped my keyboard.

Merry Christmas nice to see you posting. I know you’re from Bergen County and the neighbor is also a former Bergen County/Hackensack resident. You may recall my dad’s family were from Dumont, Cresskill and Bergenfield.
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 03:12 PM

Glad YOU made it safe. I sincerely hope the SX is double-boxed and free of any damage, Steve.
Do you have a spare Korg hanging around?
Ed
Posted by: zuki

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 03:23 PM

Having a bad week? That's awful news. Hope it comes unblemished. Usually, they dbl box for that reason. The busy shipping season probably takes it toll on packages (carelessness). Hang in there Steve and Happy Holidays!

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 03:29 PM

Ha ha Ed, no spare Korg here in Florida!! I don’t think it was double boxed but I’ll find out soon enough.

Jim, Bad week? It’s just a bump in the road or should I say a bump on the SX900, I sure hope not. Happy Holidays to you too!

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 03:48 PM

Yes, Steve.

I don't live in a 55+ community, but a Gated Community and I used to see those UPS drivers tooling around in golf carts pulling a trailer, but I haven't seen them the past two seasons; for obvious reasons!

I broke down and bought Don's Genos which should be here the day after Christmas. Thankfully I'm on vacation and can take some time to set it up.

I remember your from the hood. I still have family in Dumont and Bergenfield. Welcome back to FLA and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By kbrkr
Yes, Steve.

I don't live in a 55+ community, but a Gated Community and I used to see those UPS drivers tooling around in golf carts pulling a trailer, but I haven't seen them the past two seasons; for obvious reasons!

I broke down and bought Don's Genos which should be here the day after Christmas. Thankfully I'm on vacation and can take some time to set it up.

I remember your from the hood. I still have family in Dumont and Bergenfield. Welcome back to FLA and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Since I bragged about USPS, it will probably arrive in pieces. No problem though, I spent extra 57 bucks insuring it!

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 04:12 PM

Hey AL how are enjoying Dons Genos so far?

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 04:20 PM

Yes, Steve.

Al, So you know the routine with the UPS golf carts/trailers, they seem to use them in the gated communities. Yea they could never do that in Dumont or Bergenfield or in Rhode Island. Thanks for the welcome back to Florida

And a HUGE congrats on the Genos!! Enjoy!

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Steve, been there - done that. Calling someone at UPS and lodging a complaint is like pissing in the ocean and expecting the tide to rise - ain't gonna happen. UPS showed up here years ago with my Bose L1 PAS, and fortunately, I happened to be at the door when he arrived. He was getting ready to just walk away when I told him to come back. "What's the problem." he said with an attitude.

I pointed out a massive fork lift hole right in the center of the base unit box, one that penetrated all the way through and out the other side. Then he had the balls to say "Well, is it damaged/" I said it probably is trash. He said "Well if you open the box to inspect the damage, it's on you - I can't take it back." I rejected the delivery, called Bose and they shipped another base unit overnight to me via Fedex.

UPS was frequently leaving boxes on the ground under my mailbox, which is 300 feet from our home and out of view, then claiming they left them on the porch. Fortunately, I have a Ring Floodlight Camera on the corner of the house, which picks up movements from up to 100 feet away. When I called UPS and informed them and emailed the video to them, that was the last time they dumped our goodies on the ground at the top of the hill.

Ironically, when I get a delivery from Amazon Prime, they actually photograph the package sitting at my front door and email the photo to me asking if the delivery went OK. Now, that's REAL service.

Good luck,

Gary

Gary love the comment “Like pissing in the ocean and expecting the tide to rise.” rotf2

The UPS drivers are teamsters I believe no chance of getting them fired for destroying something being delivered.

Same deal where I live Amazon takes a photo of the package depending on the value and what the time is.

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 04:31 PM

Steve has it arrived yet?

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Steve has it arrived yet?

The neighbor who called me said he and his wife would be away from home until 8 PM, hoping to get a call from him in about 20 minutes
Posted by: leeboy

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 05:16 PM

Steve, WOW...well today at about 3PM my SX-900 showed up at my door, not doorbell ring, I just happened to look outside. Box has a couple things wong including a hole, but so far kbd looks OK, I'll test it tonite. I am in a 55+ community and the UPS guy delivers the same way....golf cart / tractor thingy, with a trailer attached...I often see him, boxes are jumping around and I'm sure some fall off...he drives like a mad man. Not sure if he delivered it or the brown truck. I never use UPS usually Fedx....but this came UPS.

I should probably report what I see with this delivery guy, who do I call??

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By DonM
Yes, Steve.

Since I bragged about USPS, it will probably arrive in pieces. No problem though, I spent extra 57 bucks insuring it!

OH DON!!! Don't Jix it! lol

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Hey AL how are enjoying Dons Genos so far?

Hi Donny, it will be here on Thursday. I'll let you know. I'm praying it meets my needs and is comparable to the Pa4x.

Merry Christmas Donny to you and your family!!!

Al

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By leeboy
Steve, WOW...well today at about 3PM my SX-900 showed up at my door, not doorbell ring, I just happened to look outside. Box has a couple things wong including a hole, but so far kbd looks OK, I'll test it tonite. I am in a 55+ community and the UPS guy delivers the same way....golf cart / tractor thingy, with a trailer attached...I often see him, boxes are jumping around and I'm sure some fall off...he drives like a mad man. Not sure if he delivered it or the brown truck. I never use UPS usually Fedx....but this came UPS.

I should probably report what I see with this delivery guy, who do I call??

Lee and everyone following this thread. As promised the neighbor called about an hour ago. I picked up the box amazing there wasn’t any damage to it. I unboxed the SX900 and all is working as expected I’ve been testing various functions since firing it up, everything seems to work. In the morning I’ll continue use check things out.

Lee so you’ve seen this horse and buggy routine too, these drivers just don’t use care all they know is they have to deliver X number of parcels every day.

PS. Lee I called 1-888-742-5877, it’s the UPS main number.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/23/19 09:13 PM

Steve, I may have posted here about my laptop delivery from UPS (which I now think stands for "you poor sucker) ...
Doorbell rings, go to answer, box is there truck is gone - in about 10 seconds ... one corner of the box is split open, one top flap is 'flappin in the wind', with some of the protective bubble stuff coming out of the box ... fortunately, no damage to the inside laptop box ... but I call UPS (thinking about that 'you poor sucker' thing aren't you wink ) and after working my way through about 5 people, a guy tells me "if nothing is broken, there's nothing to report" ... then tells me "we could have gotten the box that way" !!! He had no answer when I asked why UPS would take a damaged box to deliver ...
Glad all is well with the board ...
Posted by: saxxman

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/24/19 03:41 AM

Yikes Steve! Sorry to hear that UPS nightmare! I know we all face fears every time we entrust our expensive gear to the guys in the brown trucks! My neighborhood in Florida uses the same practice during the holidays - they hire locals who run the packages through the neighborhood. It's a shame that your driver was not very attentive to his cargo! Glad to hear the board is working properly, and enjoy the fun!

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/24/19 04:05 AM

Tony,

I had forgotten about your laptop delivery, but now that you reminded me I do remember. So far all is well with the board and I’m hoping there won’t be a problem in the future.

Randy,

Late yesterday afternoon was stressful but “all is well that ends well. “. So you too have seen the same things happening in your neighborhood seems very common during the holiday season.
Posted by: Kabinopus

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/24/19 11:26 AM

It is indeed hard to picture a brand new keyboard like SX900 or any other valuable thing falling of on the ground while being delivered or left outside the house with no supervision.

Most people in Russia tend to live in big cities for economical reasons. A lot of them have some houses in suburbs but mostly for a purpose to work in a garden on weekends or retirement. So far communities aren't well developed here, that's why this atmosphere of trust is a bit exotic to me.

But as I get it from the stories you share, this idyll is not spotless. It's like if there's a certain revenge from delivery guys, as if they don't want to be a part of that idyll.

As you can see from the picture, my life in a city should be rather different. But if I want something delivered, it will be either personally handed to me at my home, of picked up by me in a nearest office (about 5 minutes from home).
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/24/19 05:37 PM

Hi Steve,
what a scary story.

Hope everything thing is ok. Since you packed it yourself for shipping, no doubt you would have take great care.

Not something one would expect, but obviously goes on.

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/27/19 09:16 AM

CRAP! Now we're having a problem with USPS getting the Genos to Al. It shipped the 19th with ETA the 26th. Dallas is 150 miles and it supposedly only left there the 26th on the way to Florida.
Hoping it is only Christmas rush that held it up.

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/27/19 09:24 AM

Originally Posted By DonM
CRAP! Now we're having a problem with USPS getting the Genos to Al. It shipped the 19th with ETA the 26th. Dallas is 150 miles and it supposedly only left there the 26th on the way to Florida.
Hoping it is only Christmas rush that held it up.

They are so backed up with xmas rush and weather delays...
hopefully it will get there soon and or a day or 2 late unharmed..
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/27/19 10:02 AM

Been shipping 10 plus packages a day for over 20 years UPS. Never a lost or late package. Sometimes, with a big promotion, there are three or more trucks in line at the front door.

Of course, most of our shipments are paper, so damage would be minimized.

Fed Ex screws up about every other order for musical stuff.
Hate to deal with them.

The post office delivers to the wrong address on a regular basis.

GO FIGURE!

R.
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Here’s a UPS horror story ....ya ain’t believe it - 12/27/19 11:57 AM

Hi ,
shipping is weird.
I used TNT, here in Aust. when I sold my 3 keyboards a while back. The first 2 arrived within a week, able to follow tracking, the 3rd one took nearly 3 weeks ,I was starting to panic, especially after I realised it was going to an area where they were having problems with bushfires. They were obviously holding onto it till it was safe to deliver.

Couldn’t believe it though, I bought my own Christmas present ( I don’t trust hubby to pick mine haha, after he bought me a set of scales one year) I ordered it from the Ukraine on the 12th December, expecting it would arrive some time mid January , if I was lucky, instead it arrived on Xmas eve

Our internal Aust. Post packages can take as long as that ,this time of year, let alone something from Europe.