Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#48461 - 06/15/02 05:43 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
rgtaa Offline

yeah!
I didn't think you guys were up yet!

i did edit alot! sorry!

P.S. AS I reposted my message after editing it... I saw your 2 posts! It's hard for me to see what I write in this tiny window!
I have to see it on the Board to find my mis-takes... then I edit! I need a bigger Monitor! LOL
It's been fun!

As A JOKE I give you permission to edit your 2 messages before this one!
Love you guys!
rgtaa

[This message has been edited by rgtaa (edited 06-15-2002).]

#48462 - 06/15/02 06:21 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
technicsplayer Offline

no editing required, and best wishes too...

#48463 - 06/15/02 06:52 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Hi All,
I have very much enjoyed reading the various comments regarding the intial post from Bill re the Yamaha 9000 it certainly has took a wayward path obtaining some very iteresting comments on its way.

Being new to both the forum and Keyboards I am in no position to offer any consructive comments HOWEVER what I do look for on the Technics Forum is sound and proven help and advice for my proplems of today. As a beginer it is important to me that I am aware of What Is, rather than what may be.As regard comparisons between keyboards the important question must be, is this model right for me ,does it do what I want it to do, if the answer is yes, one has the best keyboard.
Regards to all
Gilbert

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 06-15-2002).]

#48464 - 06/15/02 07:10 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by gilbert:
... As regard comparisons between keyboards the important question must be, is this model right for me ,does it do what I want it to do, if the answer is yes, one has the best keyboard.

In my humble opinion, you hit the nail straight on the head Gilbert.
That is very important regarding which keyboard or not, but it is nice to know about the technical facts as well

rgtaa, if you use i.e. MS Notepad or another text editor, then copy and paste it into the "reply-window" when ready, you'll have much more view and control.
Happy playing (and posting)
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#48465 - 06/15/02 11:48 PM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rgtaa:

In either case, I will now take leave of this Technics forum and go back to my other ones, since I already told you why I showed up here in the first place in my post yesterday.

Wish you guys the BEST! Maybe Technics will come to my town ... then I can join you as a Techie myself!
--------------------------------------------
Hey
Has anybody noticed the lack of content & posts on the SZ Yamaha Discussion Forum.
I wonder why this is????

I am sorry for you that Technics are not available in your town.
As you have no profile, unfortunately I cannot second guess where you actually live so subsequently cannot advise you where you may have the pleasure in actually trying a Technics keyboard
Johnnie

#48466 - 06/16/02 07:50 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Johnny,
The Yamaha people are mostly in the general arranger forum in the synthzone and their Yamaha forums are on Yahoo where all the songs and styles are available for downloads.
The Yamaha forum on the synth zone is pretty much unused as this Technics forum also was until we all moved over here from the technote forum
Bebop

#48467 - 06/16/02 11:42 PM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BEBOP:
The Yamaha forum on the synth zone is pretty much unused

--------------------------------------------
Bebop
Now there's challenge for you
Johnnie

#48468 - 06/19/02 10:03 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by rgtaa:
I have gone to Scottyee's Page and listened to his music! VERY good stuff! ON Scottyee's Homepage he is playing a technics I believe ... sounded good! So, ... the musican does count ... to make these things sound good! LOL

rgtaa,
Thanks rgtaa. Yes, all the songs currently on my website were performed live on the KN5000 (not the latest keyboard model for sure).

I think it's IMPORTANT to emphasize that owning the very latest 'top of the line' keyboard with all the bells and whistles will 'not' necessarily make you sound better. Only improving your arranger keyboard playing skills can insure that. Keyboard dealers want you to think that the MORE $ you spend on a keyboard with more bells & whistles, the better you will sound. In truth, the only better sound (is for the dealer) when they get more change from your pocket and into theirs.

I must admit that I'm still very content with, and feel I'm producing my best 'inspired music' ever, on my inexpensive Yamaha PSR2000 (under $1,000 US dollars). The PSR2000 has NO hard drive, or any other mass storage device for that matter, but with the PSR2000's built in 'Music Finder' customizable database, and floppy system, I can quickly pull up any audience 'song request' from my over 460 song repetoire at a drop of a hat. I might even be willing to take on Walt Tenay's contest challenge of finding & loading a song on my PSR2000 vs KN5000 (with Techmanager). I think finding a song via the Yamaha Music Finder may be equally fast (or faster) than it took on my old KN5000 (with hard drive & TechManager. Believe it or not, I no longer miss not having a hard drive & associated TechManager software because the Yamaha Music Finder feature supports all of TechManager's critical search/sort capabilities (+ more) important to me, and is included in the KB (for free). I realize that having a large hard drive affords storing 1000's of styles, but I prefer working with fewer (yet better styles). I too had 100's if not thousands of styles on my KN5000 hardrive, but the fact of the matter was, I only really used a couple of dozen of them (in addition to the internal styles). Too many style options can easily become distracting. If you're a stamp (I mean style) collector, then fine, but I purchased an arranger KB to 'get right down' and make music. Yamaha's Music Finder also allows you to easily create song lists/medleys & custom searches. All of this power is INCLUDED in this under $1,000 street price KB. Sound incredible? Miracles do happen. I just wanted to POINT OUT that, as a pro gigging musician, the under $1,000 PSR2000 is meeting my needs quite nicely, at least until i can lay my eyes & fingers on the KN7000 - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#48469 - 06/19/02 01:44 PM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
rgtaa Offline

Scottyee!
Do us the honors of making some mp3's with your psr2000 and post on your site!
thanks!
rgtaa

How you feel about your prs2000 I feel about my prs9000! And that's what it's about! Hanging with Arranger Buddies! Whatever keyboard we pick! And it's ok to defend our choices!

Honestly! LOL

#48470 - 06/19/02 06:19 PM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Scott, I am fascinated by your comments on the psr2000 Music Finder function. When you select a song from the Music Finder, I assume it is a keyboard setup for that particular song. Is that like loading a setup from disk on your KN5000 with panel memory setups, sound, and rhythm selection? I saw in another thread that there was a difference between the psr2000 and the 9000 re file content where the .ots file was a separate file for the 9000. That confuses me somewhat. I still have an open mind about what my next keyboard will be, although with USB interconnect to a laptop and SD memory, load times should be almost instant with the KN7000.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online