SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#484650 - 12/20/19 02:32 AM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
It is really nice how members of the forum can come to the aid of a member in distress, even a panic situation. I am sure happy that Steve, at least for now, has returned to normal. Yes, the trusty Pa4X was right there,but I can only imagine how Steve felt about his new Genos. I hope it is nothing serious going forward.

I am happy for you Steve.

Bernie

#484651 - 12/20/19 03:25 AM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
All the best for your gig Steve.
Hopefully nothing more than a glitche with your Genos.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#484652 - 12/20/19 04:32 AM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony, Randy, Bernie, Donny and Rikki thank you. You're absolutely right the support here from members is second to none. We are one large family of musicians who offer plenty of support to each other. party

In this case thank you KORG, saved my butt!

#484672 - 12/20/19 08:31 AM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well, the PA4X is certainly not a step backwards! Glad you got it figured out!

#484707 - 12/20/19 03:38 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
So, Steve, how great was it today?

#484708 - 12/20/19 03:45 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
So, Steve, how great was it today?

I'm glad you asked I was about to write a follow up. This was a 2 hour Christmas music only gig, it's an open house at an assisted living center. There's a room with a buffet near where I play seems this year more people jammed the lobby to listen to the music, standing room only. Could it be the power of the Pa4x? ha ha Nice affair I'm set up in front of the fire place in the lobby, nice place to be when it's only 20 degrees outside. Everyone had a great time singing along with Christmas Carols a real live looking Santa was there too. The Pa4x saved the day keys

#484714 - 12/20/19 04:52 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
CONGRATULATIONS STEVE. With the pa4x in your arsenal it wasn't worth all the worry, eh?
Now, to find out just went awry with the Genos.
Ed

#484715 - 12/20/19 05:27 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: btweengigs]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Steve, the only thing I can come with; this guy is a winner. You made it happen, and that says it all.

Enjoy your family this comming holiday, John C.

#484720 - 12/20/19 06:22 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: bruno123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Steve ... I can't think of a better way for you to say "So long for now RI, Florida, here I come" ...
You KNOW how happy I am for you my friend ...
Sorry we can't get together before you leave, but Bon Voyage, have a Blessed and Merry CHRISTmas, and a Happy, Healthy New Year ...
I look forward to your return, but I know we will keep in touch ...

#484721 - 12/20/19 06:26 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: btweengigs]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By btweengigs
CONGRATULATIONS STEVE. With the pa4x in your arsenal it wasn't worth all the worry, eh?
Now, to find out just went awry with the Genos.
Ed

Ed, I posted my problem at the PSR forum and a user posted the following:

I had after the V2 update the same problem , there was maybe a corrupt file on the user drive
After Formatting and a total reset i loaded only the styles and files i knew they are not corrupt.

this was the procedure Yamaha mailed to me :

In this case, if no clear cause is recognizable for the problems you described, it may be useful to:
- First make a backup of your setups.
- Fully initialize the Genos.
- Re-arrange the Setup completely.

That is a bit more work, but sometimes, because content from 3rd party providers is on the Genos, paths can no longer function correctly after installing a major update.

For the reset (you lose all user data, hence a backup is useful): keep a Cis-Dur chord pressed (Cis, F and Gis) when switching on, in the 2nd octave from the left.

When the word "Test" appears on the Display, you can release.

Now press 2x the [Tempo -] button (Factory Set) and then 2x the [Start / Stop] button.

Now press the [Tempo +] button (Test Exit) 1x and then [Start / Stop] again.
Wait until the Genos has completely booted.

After this i filled up the User drive with my files on the right places with Music soft downloader program (song-song/ sty-sty etc etc)

And all works now as it should be

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online