SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#484611 - 12/19/19 04:06 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Originally Posted By DonM
Did you try hooking to the PC? You can use a to host cable. Hold Playlist button down while powering on, and that will put it in storage mode. Then you can see everything from the PC. If you can see the User drive, then at least the information is still there.

Don, I wasn’t ignoring you. I started checking over things on my Pa4x I got carried away playing and doing a few tweaks, that’s the baby that will be coming with me to the gig.

Meanwhile a few minutes ago I hooked it up to my PC, although it shows the drive as being there it is empty and it wasn’t empty I had files stored there they should be there. That seems to say the built in drive on the Genos is gone. I’ve got that user drive backed up on 2 other USB drives just in case something like this happened.

Steve can you play off your USB drive on Genos?

Edited by Dnj (12/19/19 04:09 PM)

#484613 - 12/19/19 04:08 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Steve ... Sorry to hear that, my friend ... Wish I could help ...

Thanks for the support Tony. I had recently considered selling the Pa4x but I thought it’s too nice a board to sell..............now I know I made the right choice.

Originally Posted By tnicoson
Per the Genos Service Manual, internal memory (That would be the User Area.) is a Toshiba 64GByte eMMC device (THGBMGG9T4LBAIR). eMMC stands for embedded Multi Media Card. It's what a lot of the Chromebook type devices use in place of hard drives. That's not quite the same as an SSD, but it is still solid state storage and subject to the same type of catastrophic failure.

Looks like the PA4X is probably your best bet, Steve. Wishing you all the best - whatever you do ! ! !

Tnicoson Thanks for the information on the MMC good information. Yup the Pa4x is the best bet.

#484614 - 12/19/19 04:10 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Did you try hooking to the PC? You can use a to host cable. Hold Playlist button down while powering on, and that will put it in storage mode. Then you can see everything from the PC. If you can see the User drive, then at least the information is still there.

Don, I wasn’t ignoring you. I started checking over things on my Pa4x I got carried away playing and doing a few tweaks, that’s the baby that will be coming with me to the gig.

Meanwhile a few minutes ago I hooked it up to my PC, although it shows the drive as being there it is empty and it wasn’t empty I had files stored there they should be there. That seems to say the built in drive on the Genos is gone. I’ve got that user drive backed up on 2 other USB drives just in case something like this happened.

Steve can you play off the USB drive on genos?

Donny, No inserting a USB into the Genos I still get the same results, when I hit the user function on the touch screen it just blinks and remains in the preset section. It does this for styles, voices and registrations.

#484615 - 12/19/19 04:11 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Steve can you play off the USB drive on genos?

Donny, No inserting a USB into the Genos I still get the same results, when I hit the user function on the touch screen it just blinks and remains in the preset section. It does this for styles, voices and registrations.

Steve that sux.....
looks like factory service or replacement is in order here...
sorry to hear this it's a PITA

Edited by Dnj (12/19/19 04:20 PM)

#484616 - 12/19/19 04:29 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

HA!!!!!!!

dance

I thought the drive is showing when hooked to a PC but it did not show any contents. I figured I’m screwed anyway and the Genos may have to have factory service so I went to the utility screen/storage and chose to format the USER drive and like magic when I rebooted the Genos I’m now able to get the the USER drive and to the USB drives where I have files/registrations/playlists backed up. I was never a gambling man, so I’m not going to gamble with the Genos on the gig tomorrow. PA4x is in place and ready to do the job.

#484624 - 12/19/19 06:00 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
That is great news Stephen rocker
I hope it'll stay that way
All the best
Eric

#484625 - 12/19/19 06:06 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Thanks Eric, that’s two of us that hope it will stay that way.

#484626 - 12/19/19 06:10 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Good luck Steve glad you sorted out
the problem for now..

Edited by Dnj (12/19/19 06:11 PM)

#484627 - 12/19/19 06:36 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Have a great time tomorrow, Steve ... I'm sure the KORG will rock ... keys

#484629 - 12/19/19 06:54 PM Re: Quandry and Critical Problem Genos [Re: Stephenm52]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Wow Steve - just got off the road and read this. Yikes - glad to hear you and the group here got to the bottom of the issue! Have a great gig tomorrow with the Korg and keep us posted on your findings as you go forward.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online