SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#48441 - 06/13/02 08:21 PM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
rgtaa Offline

mike
Sounds like the technics is great instrument too... I was just commenting on Walt's Challenge!

I wish the Stores around me had the Technics too so I could play one ... just like you haven't seen the prs9000!

Although I still think 800 dollars for a 2 gig hard drive for the technics is VERY high ...compared to 100 dollars 8 gig hard drive for prs9000! Hopefully technics will realize this too and lower the price of it!

p.s. Yamaha wants 400 dollars for the 64 meg Sims Sample Memory ...but I bought it for 79 dollars at Staples! If you can only get it from Yamaha or Technics ...they got you over a barrel!

So it's probably the same with technics 2 gig hard drive! You guys can suggest how GREAT it is and it deserves to be 8 times more then regular priced ones... and if you believe it ... i'll sell you my 64 meg simms for 400 dollars! LOL

[This message has been edited by rgtaa (edited 06-13-2002).]

#48442 - 06/13/02 10:35 PM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by rgtaa:
... You guys can suggest how GREAT it is and it deserves to be 8 times more then regular priced ones...

Again, I should whish the was the technical fact
who's being used when compare.
I agree that the pricelevel is far too high, but the
Yam and Tech compatible HD is quite different.
The HD equipment for Technics is also a "instrument
upgrade", it is i.e. supplied with additional four
output lines (KN5000), and make it possible to choose
to send bass, drums etc. to separate channels.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#48443 - 06/14/02 01:21 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
technicsplayer Offline

a small point to rgtaa - the technics drive is not 2 gig, which is all academic considering the number of songs it is possible to save anyway. And the price comparison is between a 6000 system with direct pc backup, restore, editing and communication, and a 9000 one without. Walt was not just talking about loading speed, but other features of use to a gigging musician.

This was my entire point about bebop misleading the forum. rgtaa gets the wrong impression from incorrect information and then launches into opinions based on that incorrect information.

I could describe what you can do on the hx6 you can't do on the 9000+hd, but there is no point, everyone buys what they personally are happy with.

All I'm saying is - let's keep it real, otherwise it's all bull****, like car analogies

#48444 - 06/14/02 01:39 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
Hey there
I don't know why everyone makes such a fuss about hard drives and memorys and intigrated coffe machines etc, my Kn6500 has wonderfull
sounds wonderfull built in rhythms and does every thing musical that I would ever need
I do not have a hsrd drive my only accessory's are a sustain pedal which I really need and a microphone for singing.

anything I download 20 for one disks styles etc I listen to than save on cd rom and put on to floppy when I need them after all we can only play 1 tune at a time .
all this hi tech stuff is useless without the musical skills we should maybe try and
remember what a keyboard is really for. Itis not just a midi file player and it ia only as good as the person playing it.
let's get back to music.
jan

#48445 - 06/14/02 04:30 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
rgtaa Offline

technicsplayer!
I agree that we should keep it real!

Garbage in- Garbage out!

The only reason I wrote was to accept Walt's Challenge!

If you are knowledgeable of prs9000 then you yourself know what he wrote was "mis-leading".

I don't have a technics and plainly stated that and I would love to see one and play one!

In fact, the only reason I'm in this forum was because of the Topic name , "I did buy the Yamaha psr9000 and not the PRO" ... i usually just go to SynthZone home page and only read the days active posts! I own a prs9000 and topic seemed interesting to me, since I own one! But I found out it's in a Technics Forum and I guess we each LOVE our instruments! I didn't mean to BATTLE with you nice people!

I was just straightening out a mis-statement about prs9000 ... I know NOTHING about technics ... never played one ... but would LOVE to ... wish they were in my area so I could!

[This message has been edited by rgtaa (edited 06-14-2002).]

#48446 - 06/14/02 04:53 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi rgtaa,

You missed the whole point of my message. I was not knocking the speed of the hard drive on the your psr 9000. For the record when I turn on my hard drive I get everything loaded
everywhere that is in my hard drive 1500 songs
in several areas along with styles etc. with
as many as I want on a page in big or small
print, with lyrics if I want along with many other features to numerous to explain in detail on the forum. The price of the HDSX6 is $595.00 and on special sales includes priority shipping. Again if you haven't tried it dont knock it and the Technics KN6000/6500 and the new Kn7000 is not a pro keyboard for comparison argrument against your pro 9000. Basically this message was for bebop and his dis-enchantment with the HDSX-6: The pit crews are ready : START YOUR ENGINES.

Walt

Quote:
Originally posted by rgtaa:
Walt!
I wouldn't knock the speed of access in the prs9000 hard drive!

When I turn mine on it automactically loads 1250 midi songs in 5 Banks ...giving name of songs 10 to a Page in BIG PRINT, easy on the eyes (my midi's also have full lryics displayed and can be also be viewed on monitor or tv screen if i wish)

Also loaded on STARTUP 250 Direct Access styles from hard drive and 120 flash styles in addition to factory ones!

Also loaded on STARTUP 500 registrations (one touch settings) that call up songs by name ,or type 8 to a page.

And finally 500 database Songs ,that can be arranged by tempo,style,gender,ect!

So the speed is fast with the hard drive... so your speed comparsion is alittle off IMO!

Of course i can also load a directory of 250 sytles or midi's into a Bank in addition to STARTUP!

And on main screen I can control all volumes to parts,ect! And I have 4 outputs that can each play seperate parts, one speaker plays the bass, another drums,ect!
The mixing panel on prs9000 is very complete ... sounds like the technics is too!

Walt writes:
Lets have a contest, I'll use my hard drive with over 1500 midi files a zillion styles and sounds arranged by name, title, nummerical, directory, alphabet, custom load script, juke box. You use your $100.00 hard drive. By time you look up your song or style, have it loaded and ready to play I'll be playing my last song before my break. Oh yes I can also output any track or automatic part independently and adjust that sound in my mixer through my hard drive, plus alot of other neat stuff!!. Altho you may not use this hard drive in the same manner, please don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

[This message has been edited by rgtaa (edited 06-13-2002).]

#48447 - 06/14/02 04:59 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
rgtaa Offline

Walt!
I'm glad we both have a sense of humour about this!
Let the Race Begin!

I'm a Gamer! So I love challenge!

P.S. for the record you did give the speed challenge ... and my comments were mainly concerned with this comment!

Walt writes:
You use your $100.00 hard drive. By time you look up your song or style, have it loaded and ready to play I'll be playing my last song before my break

P.s.s. As a humorus side note ... you weren't pointing out BEBOP's age of 70 years being the cause of the delay in getting to the song or style ... are you? LOL
Laugh a little!

#48448 - 06/14/02 07:08 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Ha ha ha.
You guys are neat.
I repeat, I appreciate you all. Thanks for sharing here.
Best to you all
Bebop

#48449 - 06/14/02 07:58 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
technicsplayer Offline

but you're not sharing the secret of cdrw with the 9000 with anyone else??

#48450 - 06/14/02 08:30 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
rgtaa Offline

i guess a scii cdrw could be hooked up to prs9000 and the disk made from pc with new styles and midi's could be accessed by the prs9000 or loaded into the prs9000 hard drive! But I myself don't see how a recording from prs9000 to the cdrw could be made. Although I could be
uninformed myself.

I think BEBOP was simply refering to the ability to connect a scii device to prs9000 and mentioned some possiblities, cdrw,zip,hd,ect...

Once you have internal 8 gig hard drive ... if you wanted pc connection ... seems like some prs owners are going with usb connection ... so the pc can organize,edit,ect ...what's on the hard drive of the prs9000.... in effect the pc sees the prs9000 hard drive just like an extra hard drive on pc, with the same abilities to move, sort,ect!

The midi functions are still done using the pc host port or midi connectors.

For me, I would just take the hard drive out of the prs9000 and attach it to pc using notebook adapter ($7 part) ... since moving vast amounts of styles and midi's isn't something I need to do often!

For moving 100 or 300 midi's or styles ...using a few floopies is fine!
I loaded 250 cvp209 styles using floopies in about 15 minutes the other day.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online