SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#48421 - 06/10/02 07:44 AM I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help and advice imputes on this subject.
Yesterday I purchased the psr9000 new at 1999.00 US with a 30 day return/refund in stock at a local dealer. The best offer for the PRO was 2733 shipped from a Mid US State.
I was able to do a side by side A B C comparison with the psr2000 and the PRO.
The contributing factor was the keyboard action. I did not want the stiff piano action as I have now been playing mostly keyboards and organs since 1970. I have a hard time playing the piano action for any length of time. I also found with the convenient octave shift button at the right end I don't really need the 76 key and all else is about the same except for the expansion slots I can live without and 16 megs of voices, also no problem.
Thanks to all that helped me on this project.
I am keeping my Technics KN6000 and they will coexist. I will continue to be an active moderator on this forum also as long as Nigel and you want me to be.
I, like Nigel, am really pleased with the growth of this forum and the quality of posts. I send my thanks to all of you for that
Best to all of you from,
Bebop

#48422 - 06/10/02 10:12 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bebop ..... may I be among the first to offer congratulations and best wishes on your new board ... I look forward to your posts telling us all about it, and comparing it to your kn6 ......
t.

#48423 - 06/10/02 01:11 PM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Mike Harrison Offline

Loc: Oxford U.K.
Hi Bebop
Congratulation's on you new keyboard, have looked it up and it is very Impressive, just added it to my wish list, keep us posted.
Mike

#48424 - 06/10/02 01:53 PM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Well, congrats adding a Yamaha. I guess that make you a "Yammie"?
Personally I have the SD1 as a high number on the whishlist to add as the second brand in keyboardrack ...... sometime in the future ....maybe...
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#48425 - 06/11/02 06:09 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Congratulations, am sure you will enjoy your PSR9000. I must confess that I took the Roland VA3 back after a week and got a VA7 instead. The whole purpose of a second keyboard for me was to get a lightweight one, now I have 2 heavy ones. I like the VA fine, it's very diff from the KN6000 which I still love, so they sorta complement each other.

Marilyn

#48426 - 06/11/02 07:50 PM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I can think of no one who deseves this more than Bill ,except for maybe Me ...Congrats and also thanks for supplying the purchace price . I'll start saving my pennies ...er dollars now

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#48427 - 06/11/02 09:18 PM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Congratulations BEBOP! Just hope now that you are a 9000 owner, you won't neglect us Technics junkies! Enjoy your new instrument and let us know how it compares with your 6500!

Ted Rose

#48428 - 06/12/02 06:50 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Tony, Mike, Thank you for those good words. This is a deep keyboard with a 215 page Manual that has it all so it is a slow but steep learning curve.
Gunner, I think I am a "Yammie Hopper" now as I keep hoping from the KN6 back to it to learn another new thing It is fun but frustrating
Marilyn I wondered if the VA3 would cut it for you. The guys at the store told me the VA7was a good seller and I might want to look at it but I had already decided on the 9000. I brought my top end headphones and played it in the store for 4 hours and then did a concert for all their customers.
Larry, thanks but wait and check out the 7000 before you decide. I may still get the 7000 also if Technics ever decides to give us our moneys worth once again and quit riding on their laurels.
Ted, I kept the kn6000 so I will continue to be here, The Good Lord and Nigel willing, to continue to serve all the great folks on this forum.
Best to all
Bebop

#48429 - 06/12/02 07:42 AM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
BeBop ..... I certainly hope you NEVER leave us technics-ians to fend for ourselves !!!
t.

#48430 - 06/12/02 09:07 PM Re: I did buy the Yamaha PSR 9000 not the PRO
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I second Tony's hope that you, BEPOP never leave the forum. As I am not a Technics owner you can provide much better advice than me. Your 20 for 1 project has been a great success. And it is your input combined with all the Technics members' input that has help make this forum come to life after being so quiet for so long. I have sold instruments over the years but have always regretted it. Even though I'd be happy with their replacements there would be something about the keyboard or guitar I sold that I would never get back. So I decided to keep all my instruments when possible especially keyboards that lose value quickly and don't even return a substantial amount when sold. I think no matter how much you enjoy your new keyboard you will be glad you held onto your Technics keyboard.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online